Royal Gossip
January 22, 2019, 07:02:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess of Sussex Engagements 2019  (Read 1060 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: January 03, 2019, 04:26:08 pm »

Happy posting.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 04:31:27 pm »

Thank you fly!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 01:04:30 pm »

January 10

Smart Works

Meghan shows how to dress to impress! Duchess of Sussex gives fashion tips as she returns to charity for vulnerable women on day she's made patron along with three other causes including National Theatre

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6576589/Meghan-patron-National-Theatre.html
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 02:12:23 pm »

I dont get her clothes here.... it doesnt look professional to me.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kins
courtier

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 02:23:19 pm »

From the side, it would appear her toes are seriously crammed into those shoes-not a good look IMO
sandy
Princess

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 03:02:26 pm »

The coat is nice and her hair looks neater.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 03:31:50 pm »

This is twice now, I believe, that she's worn a coat while seated at a business table or meeting.  There are few things more rude.  It has all the appearance of "I'm only here for a minute" which translates to a lack of full commitment to the group.  It's all psychology and she failed.

If she was going to be cold in January, wear a cardigan.  The woman is clueless about professional dress and demeanor.  And the bodycon dress, well, it's getting impossible to take her seriously.  That goes for the whole BRF for that matter, tho.

But, she really takes the cake.  If I was her superior, we'd have a nice long chat.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 03:39:50 pm »

January 16

@KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess of Sussex will visit @TheMayhew
Her Royal Highness will meet staff, volunteers and beneficiaries, and hear more about the animal welfare charity’s various initiatives, from community engagement to international projects.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 03:57:34 pm »

The royals always have relatively brief appearances unless it's to help out at a homeless shelter or something similar.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 04:02:00 pm »

^True but at least don't make it so obvious and lofty.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 04:09:01 pm »

Or wear outfits and carry purses that cost more than some make in several months and could afford if they didn't have real life expenses to cover as well.  easter-sly
sandy
Princess

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 04:49:08 pm »

The other royals don't shop at K-Mart. The DM does not dare to post all the expenses of the "thrifty"  (LOL) ones.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 04:53:17 pm »

^^Its not smart to just gift outrage to the media and public with more new coats all the time.  She should've reworn one for the new year.  And removed it before the meeting.  Wanted to show off her shape I guess.  Tacky, thoughtless person.

BostonLibby
courtier

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 05:30:15 pm »

Posted by: YooperModerator
Insert Quote
This is twice now, I believe, that she's worn a coat while seated at a business table or meeting.  There are few things more rude.  It has all the appearance of "I'm only here for a minute" which translates to a lack of full commitment to the group.  It's all psychology and she failed.

If she was going to be cold in January, wear a cardigan.  The woman is clueless about professional dress and demeanor.  And the bodycon dress, well, it's getting impossible to take her seriously.  That goes for the whole BRF for that matter, tho.

But, she really takes the cake.  If I was her superior, we'd have a nice long chat.

I agree with each of your comments, YM.  Particularly the rudeness of leaving her coat on.  The people she was meeting with most likely put much effort into preparing for her visit today, and MM leaving her coat on gives the impression that it wasn't important to her.   These are the little things that, IMO, that the elder royals tended to pay attention to in past years.  It's so sad that it seems to be lost on the younger generation.  As in most of life, it is the small gestures that can add up to a big impression.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 07:48:52 pm »

SmartWorks

Hannah Furness
Meghan: "It's not just donating your clothes and seeing where they land, it's really being part of each other's success stories as women, right?
"It's not just hand me downs, it's saying this is the blazer I wore that helped me win that interview ...

... and this is the piece that helps that women get that part of her story.
"So to know, as a woman coming in, that you have so many other women believing in you is the piece that makes it so special."

Meghan later told the group, which included two former clients: "I'm so happy to be here. You guys know I've been quietly coming by ... close to a year.
"It's nice to be able to now do it publicly and really talk about the work that you do."

Emily Andrews
‏#Meghan first visited @SmartWorksHQ in March last year & has been back 4/5 times since. She’s been very “hands-on” and has actually coached some women for job interviews. She’s made a “big difference already” said chairwoman Juliet “has fantastic empathy” & “is a natural”!

#Meghan also said: “It’s amazing how you feel when you’re here, you come in feeling so low but you’re reminded of your value”. So true. What am inspirational & fantastic place @SmartWorksHQ is. The west London branch is one of 7 in the UK. It’s clear Meghan will keep returning.

EmilyNash
Words of wisdom from #Meghan, via the fab women at @SmartWorksHQ. When asked, before her wedding last year, how she coped when she felt shy, she said, 'I'm about to take on my big role, happening now. The most important thing is to just breathe and have that inner confidence."

Among the comments, “She’s a fantastic listener,” “she gets it, she’s a natural,” and “whenever she comes it has been great fun..” Seeing the confidence @SmartWorksHQ has given the clients we spoke to was really impressive.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 07:56:29 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 08:38:25 pm »

^^^ She has to wear the coat to get it in as many photos as possible in order to merch it.  Boring black dress, boring beige coat, ugly middle part and bun.    sigh
sandy
Princess

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 08:39:13 pm »

It's better than the drab black. She could have gotten the dark colored dress with a green or red jacket.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 01:56:53 am »

SmartWorks

Hannah Furness
Meghan: "It's not just donating your clothes and seeing where they land, it's really being part of each other's success stories as women, right?
"It's not just hand me downs, it's saying this is the blazer I wore that helped me win that interview ...

... and this is the piece that helps that women get that part of her story.
"So to know, as a woman coming in, that you have so many other women believing in you is the piece that makes it so special."

Meghan later told the group, which included two former clients: "I'm so happy to be here. You guys know I've been quietly coming by ... close to a year.
"It's nice to be able to now do it publicly and really talk about the work that you do."

Emily Andrews
‏#Meghan first visited @SmartWorksHQ in March last year & has been back 4/5 times since. She’s been very “hands-on” and has actually coached some women for job interviews. She’s made a “big difference already” said chairwoman Juliet “has fantastic empathy” & “is a natural”!

#Meghan also said: “It’s amazing how you feel when you’re here, you come in feeling so low but you’re reminded of your value”. So true. What am inspirational & fantastic place @SmartWorksHQ is. The west London branch is one of 7 in the UK. It’s clear Meghan will keep returning.

EmilyNash
Words of wisdom from #Meghan, via the fab women at @SmartWorksHQ. When asked, before her wedding last year, how she coped when she felt shy, she said, 'I'm about to take on my big role, happening now. The most important thing is to just breathe and have that inner confidence."

Among the comments, “She’s a fantastic listener,” “she gets it, she’s a natural,” and “whenever she comes it has been great fun..” Seeing the confidence @SmartWorksHQ has given the clients we spoke to was really impressive.

"You guys"?! She is supposedly a professional; no pro speaks like that. I swear that statement sounds like a lie and she is challenging them to dispute it.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 03:30:08 am »

January 16

@KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess of Sussex will visit @TheMayhew
Her Royal Highness will meet staff, volunteers and beneficiaries, and hear more about the animal welfare charity’s various initiatives, from community engagement to international projects.

This will be very interesting indeed.
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/181912764253/i-am-very-glad-meghan-got-mayhew-animal-shelter

Keep Calm and Carry On
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 02:47:27 pm »

Meghan Markle shows off large baby bump in £25 skin-tight dress on animal charity visit

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meghan-markle-shows-large-bump-13864634

Meghan Markle shows off blooming baby bump in £25 H&M

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1073116/meghan-markle-news-meghan-pictures-pregnancy-baby-mayhew-animal
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 02:49:51 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: