Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 05:37:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess of Cambridge Engagements 2019  (Read 5879 times)
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2019, 06:29:04 am »

^ Nothing to see besides what I just described - and me stoically staying within the boundaries of civility.  wopedo
I know we're off topic - but I was just trying to make a point about how badly Kate needs to be trained to NOT laugh like my co-worker. Or even this guy:

https://gifimage.net/skeleton-laughing-gif-4/

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
sandy
Princess

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2019, 12:48:23 pm »

^ Praise of KM can be as over the top as the one for MM. Both would be wrong because they are done for sycophantic purpose and not because there is any unusual merit involved on either side.

It may or may not be time for KM to lob off her hair (I am afraid she's not one to look good with short locks).
But it sure is high time for someone to send both her and her sil back to aristo school for some remedials on demeanor, posture and overall self-presentation. 

Funny how nobody taught her that exaggerated, overly affected facial expressions (like prolonged grins with mouth wide open) are not bon ton and definitely not becoming for anyone, least of all for a royal. 

They are very much crass and lowly.

I have a co-worker who does this in spades and her face literally begs to be punched. Or at least - her hair pulled (for someone of a milder disposition). She's in luck - what with all this civilization and civility.

She rolls her eyes in meetings in a very exaggerated manner, expresses outrage and feigns being stunned at the stupidest statements; she opens her mouth really wide and keeps it open in this incredibly annoying oval "O" shape to express shock. The oval stays open for what seems like weeks. 
Or she laughs out loud kicking her head back. Huge grins, etc.
She's a crass attention-begging machine. 

They need to teach this crap in aristo school, really. Lord  knows these 21st century ersatz princesses need it.

Her hair can be trimmed without looking two short. She's done that "O" expression for years. She was mugging at a horse race with "O" open mouth like she never saw a horse before.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2019, 01:10:55 pm »

^ Praise of KM can be as over the top as the one for MM. Both would be wrong because they are done for sycophantic purpose and not because there is any unusual merit involved on either side.

agree... syncophancy is syncophancy  ... people who are sycophantic towards kate or meghan wouldnt care for them if W & H hadnt married them... probably would bash them for everything and more... i think syncophancy  towards meghan quite funny because she's defended for same reasons that kate and camilla are bashed... imo kate is dull and bland and stupid but with someone so over-the-top as meghan around it's easy to see good points and qualities in kate... as for camilla, along chuck, she made her bed long ago, but appears have more worthy charities than 2 stupid wags who married Diana's sons.

It may or may not be time for KM to lob off her hair (I am afraid she's not one to look good with short locks).
I hope Kate never have a very short hair... i think long hair suits her
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 01:13:42 pm by dianab » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2019, 01:29:15 pm »

I prefer long hair too.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2019, 01:43:31 pm »

If it's not trimmed it gets more scraggly looking. And a trim would not necessarily make it short hair. She had shorter hair but still long and it looked better than when it was too long. She also looks better when it's all pulled back. IMO anyway.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2019, 02:24:10 pm »

^Agreed. She's grown out of that security blanket hair unless it's trimmed, styled back or up.

But, to stay on topic, the most important thing I see is how vitally important it is to not spend one second fiddling with any part of your total look while on a public visit.  The whole point is to showcase the charity/cause and be appropriately attired.  Grooming is key.  So is looking interested, being engaged and listening.  Lots of listening. 

The art of conversation is a tricky talent.  Not everyone does it well but preparation is key and knowing the players and which questions to ask.  Each event is usually a blur of faces, flashbulbs and distraction so it requires poise, confidence and knowledge to pull it off professionally.  The only trait that trumps all of the above is a genuine, empathetic heart and start quality aura.  We do not have that here so be a good Scout and "Be Prepared."

Kate's better than she was but there's a lot of maturing still needed.  Not having your uncontrolled hair enter the room before you do would be at least one wise move for her.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2019, 03:18:30 pm »

Funny how nobody taught her that exaggerated, overly affected facial expressions (like prolonged grins with mouth wide open) are not bon ton and definitely not becoming for anyone, least of all for a royal. 

If you watch video of the events, you do not see prolonged grins.  This is a by-produce of still shots that make fleeting seconds appear to last forever.   
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2019, 06:48:38 pm »

5th February
@KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess of Cambridge will undertake two school visits to find out more about the support offered to students, teachers, and parents to help with mental wellbeing.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2019, 02:12:14 pm »

@KensingtonRoyal

This week is #ChildrensMentalHealthWeek — this year’s theme is 'Health: Inside and Out':Tomorrow The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Lavender Primary School & Alperton Community School to find out more about support offered to help with mental wellbeing.
https://www.childrensmentalhealthweek.org.uk
sandy
Princess

« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2019, 02:13:41 pm »

If you watch video of the events, you do not see prolonged grins.  This is a by-produce of still shots that make fleeting seconds appear to last forever.   

She has the open mouthed laugh and always has. Even in videos. She tends to gurn and make faces.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2019, 02:25:17 pm »

Kate Middleton visits Lavender Primary School in Enfield

The Duchess of Cambridge joined in a game of show-and-tell with primary school children today - bringing along a photograph of her family as the object that ‘makes her happy’.

Kate, who wore a bespoke version of a £2,100 Eponine dress and £295 L.K. Bennett boots, brought with her a photograph of her family as she joined Lavender Primary School pupils sharing objects that represent 'something that makes them feel good'.

Sitting down with a table full of of youngsters in Enfield, north London, the royal opened up her Mulberry clutch bag and told them: ‘I’ve got something. It’s not very big. Do you want to see it?’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6668983/Kate-Middleton-visits-Lavender-Primary-School-Enfield.html

That was nice
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 02:27:28 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2019, 05:09:18 pm »

13th February.
@KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess of Cambridge will attend The Royal Foundation’s ‘Mental Health in Education’ conference
sandy
Princess

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2019, 06:31:56 pm »

The comments are over the top fawning by some. So cloying to read I feel I just had an overdose of sugar.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2019, 06:35:19 pm »

Kate Middleton visits Lavender Primary School in Enfield

The Duchess of Cambridge joined in a game of show-and-tell with primary school children today - bringing along a photograph of her family as the object that ‘makes her happy’.

Kate, who wore a bespoke version of a £2,100 Eponine dress and £295 L.K. Bennett boots, brought with her a photograph of her family as she joined Lavender Primary School pupils sharing objects that represent 'something that makes them feel good'.

Sitting down with a table full of of youngsters in Enfield, north London, the royal opened up her Mulberry clutch bag and told them: ‘I’ve got something. It’s not very big. Do you want to see it?’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6668983/Kate-Middleton-visits-Lavender-Primary-School-Enfield.html

That was nice

A massively overpriced dress that looks like a shapeless bag. The photo is the same photo used as their official Xmas card so hardly special or personal. She is MUCH better with kids than she used to be however.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2019, 06:42:07 pm »

It's funny how some are complaining about the prices of her clothes being publicized. As if the image of her shopping at second hand shops or K Mart is something that people want to believe about kate.
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2019, 03:12:20 am »

Meh dress, nice make-up, pleasant demeanor.

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2019, 03:24:14 am »

Boots were horrible and so was the dress.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2019, 03:27:33 am »

It cost a lot of money also and was so blah.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2019, 07:34:22 pm »

'No one of us can make a difference alone': Duchess of Cambridge calls for more support for teachers and children in battle against Britain's 'social problems' as she attends mental health conference
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6699429/Kate-Middleton-attends-Royal-Foundations-Mental-Health-Education-conference.html

Remarks by The Duchess of Cambridge at The Royal Foundation’s ‘Mental Health in Education’ Conference

https://www.royal.uk/remarks-duchess-cambridge-royal-foundation’s-‘mental-health-education’-conference
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2019, 08:47:30 pm »

KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess of Cambridge arrives for tonight’s @100WomenFinance’s Gala Dinner at the V&A Museum London in aid of @HeadsTogether legacy programme ‘Mentally Healthy Schools’

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal

I like the dress, not the hair

English rose! Elegant Kate dons a delicate pink Gucci gown and Cinderella shoes as she steps out at the V&A for a glittering gala dinner in support of Mentally Healthy Schools

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6701535/Kate-sparkles-Gucci-steps-glittering-gala-dinner-V-A.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: