Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 11:40:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess of Cashbridge: The fashion files 2019  (Read 4736 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: December 31, 2018, 01:48:39 pm »

easter-bunny

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 07:27:10 am »

She counts the Duchess of Cambridge among her loyal customers, but that doesn’t appear to have helped designer Alice Temperley’s finances much.
Latest accounts show her business, Temperley Holdings, is nearly £20 million in the red.
Alice’s frocks typically cost about £2,000, but last week John Lewis announced that her £99 leopard-print dress was its bestselling clothing item in 2018.
*despise* to point out the obvious, but maybe that’s the future…
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6561225/TALK-TOWN-Jack-Sparrow-ahoy-Johnny-Depp-joins-Great-Tew-Crew.html
The Waity effect is a myth. This designer's in heavy debt.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 01:08:04 am »

Interestingly, Kate seems to have a toxic effect. Alexander McQueen used to be avant garde and was determined to keep it that way; Sarah Burton takes over and with Waity as their mascot, it is like it became more of a bland generic brand and has lost custom and prestige and respect. Temperley has lost status and is on the verge of bankruptcy. Now all of a sudden, John Lewis has lost custom (even after Carole made much of her 'little work' with them) and the "Kate Effect" is more of a toxic effect.  A 20 million pound debt is in fact very bad and it means that anyone who is running the business is a *fool* with finances and a *fool* with business and is not paying attention to what is actually selling. Also, Temperley is clearly not getting enough effort from designers that are hired to actually create something that people can wear when they are running errands or living life.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 03:24:59 am »

Just about everything Waity wears looks unfinished and wrong.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 04:23:18 am »

She needs to understand that she needs to make an effort, she has to and she is no different than anyone else. Even Diana at one point had to stop letting herself be dressed by the palace fraus and listen to experts and listen to those who knew what they were doing/talking about and eventually take control. Kate keeps trying to be slapdash and make it look like she's a natural style fashionista, but she isn't. She is out of touch and is clearly trying to make as little effort as possible. She does not look good in fifties style clothing and she does not look youthful anymore. Any girlishness is gone from her and has been gone for a long time. She has go to stop trying to be something special without making an effort. She has no business not making an effort to look modest, decent, or presentable. She needs to start taking other people into consideration and needs to stop acting like she is owed the best stuff before she proves it. Showing her privates to the world via 'accidental' up-skirt flashing is not appropriate and it is not appropriate for her to be acting like some floozy who can't wear underwear. She has no business going commando in a public place and she has no business behaving like this. If her husband likes her that way, it should be clear to her that he has no respect for her at all.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 05:18:03 am »

^ I have a hard time finding her in an outfit in which she doesn't look both classically elegant and spick-and-span.

I don't see the slapdash attempts. If anything, she may err on the side of looking too put together and "planned".

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 03:21:58 pm »

Duchess Kate wears jeggings & a tweed Dubarry coat in Islington
https://www.celebitchy.com/606147/duchess_kate_wears_jeggings_a_tweed_dubarry_coat_in_islington/#comments

Foul jeggings again, does she never learn?

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 03:46:25 pm »

^Love the jacket but those #%€£ jeggings have got to go.  The worst. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 04:44:52 pm »

The "lumberjack" shoes were a bit much. She could have worn slacks and not those tights. Her hair should be put up or trimmed. she's constantly fiddling with her hair.
LadyVi
courtier

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 05:40:23 pm »

Double duchess! Kate wears a £9K designer ensemble costing TWICE as much as Meghan's outfit complete with a £24.99 H&M maternity dress, Armani coat and Stella McCartney handbag as they both step out in London

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6598845/Kate-wears-ensemble-costing-TWICE-Meghans-head-toe-cream-outfit.html
Kins
courtier

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 05:54:13 pm »

^I love that color on Kate!
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2019, 05:56:06 pm »

Kate pretty much impeccable, as usual.   Minus the too thin, quickly aging face ...but...yeah.
Love that ensemble although the color may be a tad too strong for her.

Meghan...that's a "good grief".
So THIS is why that dress looked so cheap!!!!
 I noticed that on another thread before I knew it is 24.99. Well, it LOOKS 24.99.
Remember when they tell us it's not the price of the item but the overall style? Well...it's also the price, apparently. If it's too low, it will show mercilessly.
The dress looks made of cheap material.  bignono
Granted, for all the work they are accomplishing, as they claim, neither needs expensive attire.
But for the official position, in and of itself, you would think she can show up in something that looks a bit better than 24.99.

Then the heels. Waowzie.
Uncovered in January ...and cracked, medieval peasant style. Now that's a democratic charmy.    

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2019, 06:21:02 pm »

^ this thread is not for Meghan please!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2019, 12:35:49 am »

Sorry, I got side tracked for a second and forgot this is Kate-land.

― Mark Twain
sandy
Princess

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2019, 12:47:17 am »

I didn't like the lumberjack shoes and tights. The purple dress material looked good but it could have been longer.
sanka
courtier

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2019, 01:45:01 am »

^ Agree Sandy that the purple dress could have been longer. Really liked the shoes and pantyhose as it made a great ensemble.

I wish she would avoid jeggings. She dressed appropriately given the event and I get the feeling she does like the country look.
logically
courtier

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 01:01:29 am »

Quick question - hope this is the correct thread.
The red dress that Wk wore to her mother's birhtday party.  I think i saw that it was wornat a berlin garden party previously - a work event.  So would Charles buy the clothes the Cambridges work trips or would work/trip clothes be paid been paid for by other funds? Cause now the rag is just hanging in her closet for eveyday use?
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 03:15:55 am »

The money for her clothes comes from a couple of sources:

For official visits overseas at the request of the FCO they pay.

For official visit overseas for a charity/charities then the charity/charities will pay (usually giving them a budget and if they exceed that budget they have to pay that themselves - some royals will insist on paying for themselves so the charity/charities can use the money in better ways but not all)

For official visits in the UK, when not representing The Queen, the costs come from the budget Charles pays for their household. That is not a bottomless pit and there isn't a separate 'clothes budget'. Charles gives both William and Harry an allowance from which they are to pay their staff and their official expenses, including their wives clothes. If they exceed that they have to fund it from their private incomes.

For official visits in the UK where they represent The Queen directly they are paid for by the Sovereign Grant e.g. any costs associated with William carrying out the investiture the other day or The Duke of Kent representing her at the Thanksgiving Service are paid for by the Sovereign Grant.

For totally personal expenses they too come from the allowance from Charles or their personal funds.

Once the outfit has been worn, regardless of who paid for it, they can wear it as a private individual or to another event although they shouldn't wear an outfit bought by charity xxxx to a function for charity yyyyy within too close a time period.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2019, 03:33:44 am »

I don't think Charles itemises stuff like that. He hands over a pretty penny (probably at least a couple of million per year to each of his sons. The exact amount of the yearly allowance is never divulged. Though the Duchy of Cornwall accounts are tabled in Paliament each year, the private part (which includes Camilla and his expenses and those of his sons) is not itemised.

When he hands over the cheques to William and to Harry it is understood that the amount given includes office expenses at KP, most of the household expenses (and the Cambridges have two houses and three children to maintain.)

In that sum is the working wardrobe for their wives, for when they are on official duties. However, although I have no doubt William and Harry do account to their father for theirs and their wives expenses, I doubt very much that Charles would be jumping up and down complaining that Kate wore so and so dress for a reception on duty and is now using it as a party gown for a family occasion, and that's not allowed!

After all, I think to a certain extent these things are interchangeable. A dress or coat could be worn in private life as well as public. I'm sure Camilla has worn coats on private visits for friends that she has worn on public engagements before now, and when she and Charles hold a formal dinner party for friends she may well wear gowns that she has worn in public previously. Same with Kate and with Meghan.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2019, 08:46:48 pm »

Kate outshines A-list stars in Grecian-style off-the-shoulder white McQueen gown, Diana's earrings, the Queen's quatrefoil bracelet and £500 Jimmy Choo shoes on the glittering BAFTAs red carpet
The royal mother-of-three teamed her billowing frock with a pair of shimmering Jimmy Choo Romy in Viola Glitter heels - estimated to cost around £525. 

I really wish they'd leae Diana out of Waity's pr reboost.  sauer
Statement-making: In a fitting tribute to Princess Diana, the royal is said to be wearing the same South Sea Pearl accessories worn by William's mother to a concert at the Royal Albert Hall in 1991
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/10/20/9636304-6688885-image-a-63_1549830004865.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/10/20/9636080-6688885-image-m-64_1549830008847.jpg
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6688885/Kate-outshines-list-stars-stuns-shoulder-white-gown-BAFTAs-red-carpet.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: