Royal Gossip
April 24, 2019, 11:38:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess of Cashbridge: The fashion files 2019  (Read 4756 times)
LadyVi
courtier

« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2019, 07:48:43 pm »

^^^Cali San D Oh cool! Thanks for mentioning it, I forgot about that!

Kate looks pretty and I love the dress!

@gucci gown
@Prada clutch
@OscardelaRenta shoes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzTyc_MUwAE0EXL.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzTzkwHUwAAQ-p5.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzTyED9WoAEgzYz.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzTzS0HXgAIzNXv.jpg

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/dr-tristram-hunt-director-of-the-v-a-museum-and-catherine-news-photo-1129436590-1550086392.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&resize=768:*
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 07:53:59 pm by LadyVi » Logged
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2019, 09:09:08 pm »

^
 thumbsup

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
LadySnowWhite
courtier

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2019, 09:29:52 pm »

She really does have a preferred silhouette. That gown does look lovely. She's had more hits than misses lately for sure.

My feeling is the general public craves glamour and is after it hard, while some of us, myself included, simply value contribution to society in a meaningful way. I really hope she is taking this mental health crusade seriously.
india
Princess

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2019, 09:43:10 pm »

There is no way she's taking the mental health crusade seriously. She is not intellectually capable.
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2019, 09:44:44 pm »

^^ How? What exactly is she supposed to do? See post ^.

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2019, 10:13:12 pm »

Tonight's gown is interesting  sly not sure I like it or dislike it. She does prefer the same silhouette with different designers. easter-James

I know she is in the UK but Gucci just got in trouble in the US for selling a sweater relating to blackface.  nervous I guess Kate doesn't read international news.

I sure hope Meg doesn't wear Gucci after that incident.  nervous
sandy
Princess

« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2019, 12:02:03 am »

I did not like the hair style, it is not a "soft" look, She needed it pulled up.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2019, 02:48:36 pm »

Nice gown.  Kate is pulling out all the stops.   The only thing I would have done differently is a more vivid lipstick.  Otherwise A-OK.   loveshower
sandy
Princess

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2019, 03:12:28 pm »

She needs to do more than be a clothes horse. I hope she does steady work. She's not all that. IMO.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2019, 03:44:51 pm »

^ Eh.  Kate is steadily appearing on official engagements -- two yesterday! -- and you still aren't happy.   Oh, well.  She's upping her game which can only be beneficial for the BRF.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2019, 04:00:41 pm »

According to the poster at TRF who keeps very careful tabs on the number of engagements, of the four of them, (the Cambridges and the Sussexes,) Kate lagged behind in the Royal engagement tally for 2019 up until the 7th of February. (The new figures aren't out yet.)
Of the four William led at 22, Harry was 19 and Meghan was 15. Kate was 11.
In fact, apart from the Queen, who was holidaying at Sandringham and had seven engagements under her belt, the same as the Duke of Gloucester, Anne was on 41, Charles 35, Camilla 23, Sophie 17, and Edward 19. So they are all bounding ahead.

The younger royals have all had several engagements this week but it still looks as if Kate will be playing catch up when the next bunch of engagements are tallied.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2019, 04:17:07 pm »

^ Yet, the point I was making is that Kate is steadily appearing.  I'm not counting numbers which are pretty meaningless as far as public perception.  I.e., Edward is not even a blip on the radar.  Shoot, even his own mother doesn't remember his birthday!   Kate is appearing; Kate is bringing the glamor; the public likes it.  Oh, and Kate is staying at her engagements for long periods of time compared to the hit-and-run antics of some others.

But back to the topic -- Kate has looked great on her recent appearances.   loveshower
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2019, 04:36:42 pm »

^^ So funny how media focus shapes reality. Based on what I see in the "news", KM and MM both look like they are CONSTANTLY out and about.
I never see Anne or Camilla and never hear anything about what they do.
That's because they don't "sparkle, dazzle, bedazzle, stun, shine, amaze" with their fashions and nubility which is the only circus the masses are interested in - not whatever effects those charities have. Nobody really cares, incluing the aristos.

I have collected a litany of such fawning verbs but forgot where I scribbled them down.

― Mark Twain
sandy
Princess

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2019, 04:43:08 pm »

Camilla gets tons of PR but the trouble is she has low numbers relatively.

Kate's appearances need to be consistent. She has disappointed in previous years after spurts of activity she's not seen (and no not due to pregnancy). Let's see what happens.

The negative part of Kate's appearances are the fawning crawling comments in the DM where "stunning" is used many many times. I think Mum must be handing her PR and she seems to be upping James' PR.

misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2019, 04:56:38 pm »

According to the above and assuming the data is correct, Camilla had 23, Kate 11.
Kate looks like she's constantly in the news, Camilla doesn't. Never mind Ann with her whoping numnbers. Where is she ever?
What relative numbers are we talking about?

Yes, I have noticed the recent tendency of the public endorsing the "If-MM-sucks-then-KM-rocks" axiom to go over board with the praise.
I have read the avalanche of comments about KM's "perfection, infinite grace, Godess-like qualities, being an epitome of royalty, looking amazing even if she was dressed in a potato sack", etc.

I agree this is both disappointing and sickening. Mainly because it betrays the general stupidity of the masses who live for faux axioms like the above. This is why humanity has always been so easily led and "dupable" in the hands of Masters and Daddies.

The only reality there is is that KM DOES come across better than MM, overall.
She IS a better quality person than MM, overall.

Goddess and perfect?  Not close.   

― Mark Twain
sandy
Princess

« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2019, 06:37:36 pm »

Whenever Camilla makes an appearance, the DM makes it a headline.

there  are the posters who want to "meet" Kate and be her friend  and women confessing "crushes" on Kate.

It is a matter of opinion who comes across better. Kate has negatives like the exaggerated expressions she makes on tours. I don't think it can be called a reality since some don't take to kate at all and think Meghan comes across as better.

I would  not label Kate as a "better quality person."  Why? She has her weaknesses and would give death stares to women who went near William. She's not perfect at all. Both Meghan and Kate have positives and negatives I don't buy into St. Kate and Evil Meghan spin. Or one is better than the other.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2019, 07:15:40 pm »

Off topic

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2019, 04:58:15 pm »

I love the dress, but I dread to think how much it cost. Also both times that day she wore Italian brands - Dolce and Gabbana, and then Gucci. Why?
sandy
Princess

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2019, 10:02:52 pm »

She should promote new designers from the UK
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2019, 02:18:49 pm »

The curse of Kate! How the Duchess' endorsement of L.K.Bennett could have contributed to its downfall as the brand struggled to keep up with demand for designs she wore
* LK Bennett, a favourite of Duchess Kate, is set to file for administration
* Branding expert Claire Shiels told Femail it can be a 'nightmare' if Kate is photographed wearing an item from the high street brand
* Shoppers more likely to buy one-offs rather than become regular customers
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6760111/Why-Kates-fashion-style-save-favourite-high-street-store-LK-Bennett.html

Queen of playing it safe! How Kate buys near IDENTICAL outfits from different designers so she can stick to her tried-and tested styles
* Kate, 37, wore Missoni dress on Wednesday, similar to Erdem dress she wore
* Wore blue Mulberry coat yesterday which looked like Alexander Mcqueen one  
* She's also been known to wear fitted dresses, chiffon gowns and peplum suits
* We spoke to stylist Lisa Talbot about why the Duchess sticks to particular styles
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6756369/Kate-Middleton-buys-IDENTICAL-outfits-different-designers.html

She very plain and dull and most times she looks flat in the clothes as she has no personality or spark.
There an article within this thread outlining that Waity didn’t have a boost on the U.K. clothing industry and that the designers went into debt believing the pr hype around Waity having such influence at boosting demand for their designs.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 02:24:44 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: