Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 09:44:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess of Cashbridge: The fashion files 2019  (Read 4731 times)
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2019, 08:25:18 pm »

^ Had she chosen a boat neck she'd have been accused of copying someone by the media and possibly others as well spy
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2019, 01:19:25 am »

A different color dress and less make up would have been better but all in all Waity actually looked great!
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2019, 02:24:57 am »

Kate's cold shoulder is still the hottest royal look: ALICE SMELLIE on how the duchess followed in the footsteps of Diana and the Queen by daring to bare
This daring one-shoulder look is actually the epitome in Royal Family eveningwear.

Modest enough to be appropriate, but showing enough to be interesting, it has been the go-to glamour choice for royals wanting to make an impact.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6693579/ALICE-SMELLIE-duchess-followed-footsteps-Diana-Queen-daring-bare.html

https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/182748379288/cambridgevault-02102019-ee-british

I'm beyond sick that Diana's being used to prop up this cold, dull lazy limpet. She's been in her position for nearly 8 years and she still hasn't made an impact, hass no clear platform as to what she's using her position for, still is a boring inefective commoner who's not up to the job. This million pound multi pr push using that foreign c listaging narc actress has just been sad because Waity has a lot in common with her and th fact that somene like her had to be used to give her a boost.......  bored3

Keep Calm and Carry On
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2019, 03:09:43 am »

^ I am afraid that Diana would be overpraised in this case. Are these royals expected to specialize in a certain area/platform or they can stay "generalists"?  laugh

I am having a hard time identifying Diana's superior talents or contributions, other than that she was more clearly pedigreed in appearance and she looked NOTHING like a commoner; whereas Kate does look more like one.

Other than that, really...I am not sure what the huge difference is. Both very lucky, privileged women doing their "charity" thing, per aristocratic tradition.
Maybe I am missing something?

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
marion
Duchess

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2019, 07:33:51 am »

Diana was a genuinely caring person which is something her son's wives will never be, unless it's caring about themselves
sanka
courtier

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2019, 09:43:34 am »

In my opinion that was a lovely dress worn by Kate and even though she is extremely thin it looked very nice.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2019, 02:37:30 pm »

Kate's cold shoulder is still the hottest royal look: ALICE SMELLIE on how the duchess followed in the footsteps of Diana and the Queen by daring to bare
This daring one-shoulder look is actually the epitome in Royal Family eveningwear.

Modest enough to be appropriate, but showing enough to be interesting, it has been the go-to glamour choice for royals wanting to make an impact.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6693579/ALICE-SMELLIE-duchess-followed-footsteps-Diana-Queen-daring-bare.html

https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/182748379288/cambridgevault-02102019-ee-british

I'm beyond sick that Diana's being used to prop up this cold, dull lazy limpet. She's been in her position for nearly 8 years and she still hasn't made an impact, hass no clear platform as to what she's using her position for, still is a boring inefective commoner who's not up to the job. This million pound multi pr push using that foreign c listaging narc actress has just been sad because Waity has a lot in common with her and th fact that somene like her had to be used to give her a boost.......  bored3

The gown was not all that on Kate. It was appropriate but I am put off by all the cloying comments on the DM about  how "perfect" she is, she is lazy as all get out and dresses up for a celebrity event and they act like she bought about world peace.
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2019, 03:40:39 pm »

^True on the DM comments. Sometimes I want to say "good grief".

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2019, 06:33:15 pm »

The Diana thing is a bit creepy. Waity has a long history of copying Diana's outfits, even before the wedding.

https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/princess-diana.jpg
india
Princess

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2019, 07:28:37 pm »

^ The Diana Thing is totally creepy. Cockroach Caro programmed The Potato Head to full on copy Diana in all areas to draw Willy The Half Wit into her web.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2019, 08:30:32 pm »

Sadly whatever Waity and the other one wear will be compared to Diana; it doesn't matter the color, cut or style. Neither will ever come close to her.
LadySnowWhite
courtier

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2019, 09:18:47 am »

No matter what they do, comparisons will always be made to Diana. She wore a lot of clothes and styles; inevitably the things they wear might resemble things of hers. I wish the media and fans would stop it, I think it is weird and annoying.

Kate looked lovely this appearance. I don't love the embellished shoulder but it gives it some flair.

Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2019, 02:37:46 pm »

Kate looked great at this engagement.  The fact is -- the Royal Family needs some glamour in it.  That was why Diana was such a hit.  She brought youth and vitality and glamour and -- what sealed the deal -- a genuine heart to the very dull and stodgy Royal Family at the beginning of the 1980s.  She's been gone over twenty years and the void has been damaging.  Kate was not much in the beginning, but she is now making an effort and growing into the role.  So, good.  It's what the Royal Family needs, and Kate is the only game in town as far as glamor in that Family is concerned.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2019, 03:30:25 pm »

What should be celebrated is that Kate at least for the present time has a steady work schedule. I don't think Kate can bring glamour into it.I don't think Kate is the only game in town, the important thing is not what she wears but if she really continues to contribute. She also needs to tone down the open mouthed mugging. I find Kate rather cold compared to Diana, she does not have that extra something Diana had. She seems to  just go through the motions.

I am also put off by the fanzine comments of the DM where Kate practically walks on water. That is a bit much. People forget how lazy Kate really is and I think there is a chance she'll slack off again (not with a pregnancy).
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2019, 03:40:44 pm »

^ No. . . .the steady work schedule is not what the RF needs to fill this void.  After all, Sophie and Anne and Edward have steady work schedules, but it isn't filing the void of glamor that -- yes -- the BRF needs in this day and age.  Always has, really -- think back to the young Queen Victoria and Princess Alexandra -- even the Queen Mum was considered glamorous for a while, which carried them through until Elizabeth and Margaret could fill those shoes -- and then up to Diana.

Kate is really the only game in town right now who can fill this role -- and she is upping her game in that very well.  I was pulling for Harry to make a go of it with Cressida who would have been so very glamorous, but that didn't work out and he struck out.   So... Kate is it.     loveshower
sandy
Princess

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2019, 03:51:11 pm »

Kate is wife of the heir to the heir. She is more important in the scheme of things than Sophie, Anne and Edward.

Kate is not a fashion icon like Grace Kelly but she does not have to be. I think it would be more impressive to have her getting really interested in her royal work. Part of the appeal of Diana was her obvious interest in her patronages and she put her heart into them. I think Kate should concentrate on that.

I don't see Kate as the only game in town. Other royals in the family are just as attractive perhaps more so. Although Eugenie is not doing royal work, she is good looking and when she dresses up she can look glamorous, I liked her gown better than Kate's.

I did not think Cressida was right for the job and the point is they did not want to marry each other. I liked Chelsy a lot better than Cressida. Cressida also dressed very poorly and still does. And it is clear she wanted to work in theatre and film. I think Cressida is not all that.

None of the young royals really stand out. I don't see Kate as the only game in town as far as "looks." She is pushing forty and perhaps some younger royal will be the Glamour Queen in the future.
LadyVi
courtier

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2019, 04:28:47 pm »

In case anyone was wondering, Kate was wearing a bespoke Dolce & Gabbana skirt suit for todays 'Mental Health In Education' conference. She also stayed (apparently) for around 3 and half hours
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2019, 05:55:46 pm »

^ I likee, girlfriend loves her buttons  tehe

I read on WhatKateWore that she will attending the 100 Women in Hedge Funds tonight. Another evening gown!  easter-bunny
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2019, 06:43:04 pm »

In case anyone was wondering, Kate was wearing a bespoke Dolce & Gabbana skirt suit for todays 'Mental Health In Education' conference. She also stayed (apparently) for around 3 and half hours

Is it just me or is Waity's spending going up again? Also, what is with the aversion to British labels??
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2019, 06:52:38 pm »

^ well if everyone is spending.... though I wouldnt even wear dolce if I was in her position. And with brexit looming I would go for mid expensive uk brands.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: