Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 10:13:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 74   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess Meghan: News and Random chat 2019  (Read 61252 times)
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #1140 on: March 18, 2019, 04:36:11 pm »

^ Poor Meggles had to do something to offset Kate's appearance on St. Patrick's Day.   She thought an expensive coat and a comparison to Jackie Kennedy would do the trick.   easter-lol easter-lol easter-lol

Yeah.  The peasants totally fell for that!!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1141 on: March 18, 2019, 04:43:51 pm »

"Harry's First Lady"?  How stupid can you get.   bored3

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
LadyVi
courtier

« Reply #1142 on: March 18, 2019, 10:23:53 pm »

Meghan could never be as stylish as Jackie Kennedy Onassis! It's such an insult to Jackie O for Meghan to be compared to her! Just because she wears a pillbox hat and an yucky looking vintage coat, it means that she's channeling Jackie O?! DM needs to stop with the comparisons. It's not cool  thumbsdown   bignono   Angry
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1143 on: March 18, 2019, 10:25:40 pm »

Jackie had a more "relaxed style" after JFK died. Jackie's look changed and she moved from the Pillbox hat image.

I don't think Meghan wants to imitate Jackie. DM is stirring the pot again not flattering Meghan.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #1144 on: March 18, 2019, 11:57:36 pm »

Indeed.  Who knows if Meggles will still be around for the flower show?

I have a feeling her so-called "baby shower" in NYC was to procure an exit plan. Possibly real estate in her ‘fiends’ names. 

One of the rubbish Australian women's magazines even said that. I wouldn't believe either of these rags if they told me the sky was blue without corroboration from elsewhere but sometimes they do report the correct information, only for it to be rubbished at the time but then they are vindicated when it comes out that they were right. Sadly there is so much total fabrication in them that it is hard to believe anything they write at the time.
SouthernBelle
gossip insider

« Reply #1145 on: March 19, 2019, 02:54:58 am »

That “vintage” coat should have stayed in the ‘60s.  Hideous!
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #1146 on: March 19, 2019, 05:05:54 am »

That looks like flipping on purpose: https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/183551591118/not-photoshopped

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1147 on: March 19, 2019, 12:25:51 pm »

Torontopaper
https://twitter.com/torontopaper1?lang=en
[/quote]

TorontoPaper’s tweeting about today being a bad day for Meghan as her yachting days/secrets are going to be revealed. I hope this is an actual account and not someone messing about with people.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #1148 on: March 19, 2019, 12:28:32 pm »

^ I hope so - and I wonder who this person is? They sure are VERY bold in their announcements. I really hope it's NOT just loud sounding nothing.  there
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #1149 on: March 19, 2019, 12:54:22 pm »

I'm on the fence about toronto paper. They could be part of M's PR - engaging both fans and non-fans to keep herself interesting. Kate and QE have a joint event today so it's predictable that something 'interesting' will come about Megan. The last few times it was a surprise chance for reconciliation with daddy, suddenly knowing the gender of the baby, suddenly her hideous look gets compared to Jackie O, an american royalty, the rival garden.

I bet that today Kate will do great on her engagement and very jelly Meggy will unleash a new look at me article. The toronto paper could be  PR ploy to get people rallied up to see something about her while missing what's right in front of them:

1. Demotion to BP and a minor royal for both dumbsucks
2. Megan has irish roots through her father but she was not trotted out and we did not hear if she celebrated her heritage at all
3. Harry was a godfather to Lana but she is not a godmother.
4. She and Harry are ordered into maternity leave so that QE doesn't hear anything about those two while reading her news with her morning brandy

Sp, let's see what old trick will be passed as new trick by Meggy and her PR.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #1150 on: March 19, 2019, 01:12:05 pm »

TorontoPaper’s tweeting about today being a bad day for Meghan as her yachting days/secrets are going to be revealed. I hope this is an actual account and not someone messing about with people.
[/quote]

Don't look for anything to come out today or any other day about her alleged yachting days .this will just be one of the rumors that will be floating around.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #1151 on: March 19, 2019, 01:48:25 pm »

I take TP's remarks about "secrets coming out" is that tid bits are slowly being released to the public -- hints, photos, connections being made, etc.  There's not going to be some Big Reveal all of a sudden.

And the "big day for you today" is that this person knows Meggles is seething at the joint engagement of the Queen and Kate.  Kate is showing how a royal engagement is done.  She is respectful of the Queen, walks behind her [rather than beside her, holding her hand, or galloping to the front to be first in line].  Wearing a hat.   Dark tights.   And the Queen looks happy.

And this is an improvement for Kate. We see how far she has come since 2012 when she went out with the Queen and Philip.  She was well groomed on that occasion, but her skirt was too short, imo.   She is really growing into her role, which is a good thing.

My take on TP is that this is someone who personally knows Megs; knows her deep, dark secrets; enjoys needling her and getting people's curiosity up.  Perhaps this person knows a physiological fact about Megs.

Anyway, things are shifting, and something is getting ready to break, imo.   
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1152 on: March 19, 2019, 02:33:17 pm »

Good because it's about time something breaks. The one thing about Kate if she was raised in English and understand the protocol. Max was raised southern Californian which is a whole culture in another self and it's really an anti-culture because anything goes as long as you don't hurt someone. And of course people hurt people all the time anyways. Immaculate heart high school is a good school but it is not Marlborough School for girls where you learn manners. Her family is pretty low to middle class and has no breeding and she didn't learn it anywhere so I think this is going to be hard for her to compete with Kate. I don't think she gives a hoot whether she's proper  or not by the way. And although this is not the cake thread she is more mature now which is probably why she's acting more mature

The only constant is change.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #1153 on: March 19, 2019, 04:34:12 pm »

I think she cares - Kate doing well in her engagements, sharing a blanket with the queen, getting more and more genuine likes and compliments... I bet she's seething.

Now, about the cultural differences and the upbringing. It is a problem although it shouldn't be. I wouldn't blame it on the Cali upbringing or on Hollywood dreaming that she's unfit for public appearances. IMO even if you don't have the experience or the background for the job if you are willing to learn and improve you'll do just fine. With Megan we have somebody who is unwilling to learn and unwilling to fit in. To me that's the bigger problem.

She's married almost a year. How come summer clothes in winter, no pantyhose, short, very short dresses, belly cupping, clinging to and patronizing her husband, squatting while pregnant ... how come all of this is still a thing?

lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1154 on: March 19, 2019, 09:03:47 pm »

It seems that she's become worse in the last year

The only constant is change.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #1155 on: March 20, 2019, 02:34:16 am »

Like she is trying to see just how much crap she can get away with.
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #1156 on: March 20, 2019, 12:09:54 pm »

I think she cares - Kate doing well in her engagements, sharing a blanket with the queen, getting more and more genuine likes and compliments... I bet she's seething.

Now, about the cultural differences and the upbringing. It is a problem although it shouldn't be. I wouldn't blame it on the Cali upbringing or on Hollywood dreaming that she's unfit for public appearances. IMO even if you don't have the experience or the background for the job if you are willing to learn and improve you'll do just fine. With Megan we have somebody who is unwilling to learn and unwilling to fit in. To me that's the bigger problem.

She's married almost a year. How come summer clothes in winter, no pantyhose, short, very short dresses, belly cupping, clinging to and patronizing her husband, squatting while pregnant ... how come all of this is still a thing?

No loss if MeAgain is feeding off the fake adulation Wasty is getting (paid trolls and astroturfers) - it's all phony and unauthentic. The world is spinning - let these gals play their sad little games with each other - if anything, it's just fun to sit back and watch.  eating cookies
In actuality she's no worse than the other one - really, at the same level, but keeping it to MeAgain - she didn't go to the UK for true service and helping others. Helping herself and she's hitting a wall when her temper tantrums aren't producing results. Again, let's just sit back and watch the games.  eating cookies

Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #1157 on: March 20, 2019, 01:43:14 pm »

^^ Her plans are not working out as she thought they would.  She's floundering.   flower
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #1158 on: March 20, 2019, 03:26:52 pm »

^^ Whatever Kate is doing - it is working for her. Whatever Megan is doing - it is not working for her. Big difference between the two. It also seems like it's a one sided fight. Kate is not rushing to overshadow Megan or copy Megan's clothes or talk to Megan's husband. It's a one-sided push for competition and the losing side is pushing for the comparisons. Just saying.

^ I totally believe that. And the quote below:

@torontopaper1
 Mar 17

Darling, we had some fun today reading your stuff on Twitter. It's a bit insane how you are interacting with yourself, replying to yourself and retweeting your tweets. You need to get yourself under control. By the way we remembered Kazan and your secrets!

LadySnowWhite
courtier

« Reply #1159 on: March 20, 2019, 08:06:14 pm »

^ I recall Kate spent years visibly flirting with Harry, she has taken cues from Meghan in the style department (especially handbags for some reason) and she has made "shopping" appearances (which are usually rare for her) on special days for Meghan (most prominently, the day the engagement was announced, for a start). Meghan makes a lot of appearances, so I believe that she was doing her duties on a day Kate actually turned up for "work" is not Meghan's problem. 

And I don't know why it keeps being said the solo outing with HM was a special milestone for Kate.  It is not the first time they have done appearances just the two of them.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 74   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: