Royal Gossip
March 25, 2019, 10:53:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Sparkles: The fashion files 2019  (Read 17044 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2019, 01:05:50 am »

Can Meghan Markle save Posh's troubled empire? How the Duchess could help turn around the fortunes Victoria Beckham's fashion chain after adopting her clothes, friends and lifestyle
    Meghan wore £6,000 worth of Posh's designs on Christmas at Sandringham
    It was a sign of solidarity after Victoria Becham's label posted losses of £10m
    Pair became good friends through their men and sources say Meghan confided in her about pregnancy
So there was something deeply loyal, and very timely, about the outfit chosen on Christmas Day by the Duchess of Sussex.
Attending the Royal Family’s traditional Sandringham church service, Meghan Markle stepped out head-to-toe in £6,000-worth of Victoria Beckham designs: an elegant calf-length navy dress costing £1,250, with matching £2,250 coat, £1,250 boots and £1,550 handbag.
But another signal of support was being very loudly sent to her friend and country neighbour, Victoria.
And, with the news last week that Posh’s fashion empire is again in the red — posting losses of more than £10 million at Companies House — plus the report that husband David is no longer prepared to pump money into his wife’s venture, the Duchess’s decision to show her backing surely speaks volumes about their friendship.  tehe
Victoria has previously said that she never gives freebies, because she cannot afford it, so we must assume that Meghan paid for the dress — and for all her subsequent purchases.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6559169/Can-Meghan-Markle-save-Poshs-troubled-fashion-empire-Duchess-wears-dress-act-solidarity.html

First, Victoria needs to worry more about saving her marriage instead of saving her joke of a fashion brand; second, it's not Meg's job to save a fashion brand, or do philanthropy for fashion designers. It is her JOB to do something good for her adopted country. Not do good for a spoiled WAG. Third, Meg is not a fashion icon and will not be able to provide any 'backing' at all.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2019, 04:28:37 pm »

^ She wants people to think that she has effect on people's lives and businesses, that she is a savior with a midas touch

....yet 6 months or so after the wedding and the plebs want MMexit and BRFexit and pronto. Just look at the 'delusuonals' on DM. Should there be a referendum brf will turn out to be the delusional ones.

Just saying - the family must be like: Thanks, Harry.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2019, 06:48:35 pm »

The BRF let him run wild and do nothing for any of them. His military work wasn't the same as that of other soldiers and frankly he isn't focusing on Invictus if he's busy going into persecution mode against the press and lashing out at his own family.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2019, 07:20:52 pm »

Senior royals just play at military work. They wear these medals (even Edward who had a very very brief tenure in the military) and I find it a disgrace. Of course Harry would be treated differently than the others .

Harry has been keeping quiet, the DM appears to be the one on the warpath these days.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 07:23:15 pm by sandy » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2019, 07:44:38 pm »

Edward wasn't even IN the military; he dropped out of training. Princess Anne never trained, but that pompous woman insists on being part of the parade in military dress.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2019, 11:31:22 pm »

Off topic.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2019, 01:12:16 am »

Even if she is the media's punching bag, she's near 40. At this age, you shouldn't be dumb enough to ignore that you're a prime target for media scrutiny and do the smart thing and go the opposite direction. So, instead of buying $4,000 Fendi briefcases that you're never going to use (I mean come on! How absolutely stupid and nothing but conspicuous spending. For a lawyer or professor, or anyone else with an actual professional job, it's fine. I think a luxury spin on the practical is A-okay in that case. For Murky that was spending to be spending.) you don't go that direction at all. You stick to buying a mix of high and low end. Or if you're going to buy all high end, you buy different separate pieces that can be mixed and matched and used for years to come. You don't walk right into the trap like a fool.

Can Meghan Markle save Posh's troubled empire? How the Duchess could help turn around the fortunes Victoria Beckham's fashion chain after adopting her clothes, friends and lifestyle
    Meghan wore £6,000 worth of Posh's designs on Christmas at Sandringham
    It was a sign of solidarity after Victoria Becham's label posted losses of £10m
    Pair became good friends through their men and sources say Meghan confided in her about pregnancy
So there was something deeply loyal, and very timely, about the outfit chosen on Christmas Day by the Duchess of Sussex.
Attending the Royal Family’s traditional Sandringham church service, Meghan Markle stepped out head-to-toe in £6,000-worth of Victoria Beckham designs: an elegant calf-length navy dress costing £1,250, with matching £2,250 coat, £1,250 boots and £1,550 handbag.
But another signal of support was being very loudly sent to her friend and country neighbour, Victoria.
And, with the news last week that Posh’s fashion empire is again in the red — posting losses of more than £10 million at Companies House — plus the report that husband David is no longer prepared to pump money into his wife’s venture, the Duchess’s decision to show her backing surely speaks volumes about their friendship.  tehe
Victoria has previously said that she never gives freebies, because she cannot afford it, so we must assume that Meghan paid for the dress — and for all her subsequent purchases.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6559169/Can-Meghan-Markle-save-Poshs-troubled-fashion-empire-Duchess-wears-dress-act-solidarity.html
Meghan looked nasty with what looked like dandruff on her coat.  Lips Sealed  She's a brand killer and just because she gets the designer's press, she shouldn't be used as an unofficial brand ambassador. VB sent the whole lot over as a loan, imo, henced her dressed from head to toe in the line; big mistake on VB's part as this should be the year she closes the business.
Sadly, VB is going down the drain. I like her designs but felel that she went way too posh. She would've done a lot better with a line targeted towards the M&S in the UK, Macys shopper in the US.

I agree. She does have some nice pieces and I think it was also a plus that her main line was made in country but yes the price points should've never been so high and she should've been lowered them. Her Victoria, Victoria collection should've been more on par with Macy's in terms of pricing and her main Victoria Beckham line could still be more expensive but more on par with the current Victoria, Victoria Beckham prices, which are around $350-900.00, depending on the piece. She's basically a mix of Roland Mouret and MKA's The Row to me. She could've had a real niche in making clothes like their's for cheaper prices.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2019, 01:17:38 am »

I think Victoria would be raking in more dough if she in fact would have just sold to the mass market and not tried to become like haute couture or like some kind of grande dame of fashion. She is just not that good and even the best had to struggle to see their vision come true. Sparkles just isn't at all impressive and all the best clothes in the world won't change that.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2019, 01:38:00 am »

It’s clear to me that Sparkles’ fashion choices are a direct reflection of the influence of trendy “luxury” brands with which she has drooled over in places like LA.  There’s nothing worldly or mature in her accessories.  Nothing uber savvy like Swaine Adeney in leather goods which also promotes British brands and would show her as very very serious.

It’s all showy and “brand of the year”, nothing lasting in her wardrobe yet.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2019, 05:23:09 am »

^ Well, that's typical of people of her background. Trendy, showiness, fashiony - nothing weighty or dignified.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2019, 11:57:03 am »

^^^^ What do you mean she doesn't need a briefcase? She used it to visit the Irish president and was carrying all sorts of important documents, look how heavy that thing is! easter-lol Filled with rocks likely.

Yeah totally useless and only for show, if you're a professional and need a briefcase and will have plenty of use for it, then great, but what does Murky need a briefcase for? Must try to make that credit card smoke from use!

The quote from the pic says it all:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/27/16/7871448-6532997-image-a-4_1545929449715.jpg
"Meghan's most expensive bag this year was the stunning Fendi Peekaboo Essentials bag costing £3,850, which she wore to complete her business-chic look as she visited Irish President Michael Higgins and his wife Sabina Coyne in Dublin in July"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6532997/Meghans-magnificent-handbag-collection-her.html
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2019, 05:56:55 pm »

^ Professional rocks of course tehe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2019, 03:50:01 pm »

Meghan Visits Smart Works in London

Coat: Burberry Swing Cotton Twill Coat
Heels: Gianvito Rossi Cow Print Plexi Heels
Ring: Missoma Interstellar Ring
Earrings: Kimai Felicity Earrings
Dress: Hatch Collection “Eliza” Dress
Purse: Victoria Beckham Vanity Box Bag
http://meghansmirror.com/royal-style/meghan-visits-smart-works-in-london/
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2019, 04:03:05 pm »

^Of course, Burberry.  She's so predictable and pedestrian.

SouthernBelle
gossip insider

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2019, 02:37:28 am »

Those earrings are more suited to a teenager than a woman in her late 30s.  Entirely too trendy. 
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2019, 02:46:23 am »

Way too trendy and fashion-y. It spells vulgar. She doesn't even look good or interesting in whatever this trendy/modern style is that she's trying to "nail".
Then again, she might look even worse in traditionally elegant/classic attire of the KM type. 

It's not the clothes, the style or anything.

It's her.

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2019, 05:38:42 am »

She's really clueless and continues to talk gibberish.
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/11/02/8385700-6576589-image-m-48_1547173799339.jpg
Comment:
Louise, Scotland, 13 minutes ago
I hope all the ladies visited by Meghan find work. It's embarrassing that Meghan turned up to visit this charity and these ladies who are really struggling and wanting to work wearing clothes worth thousands of pounds worth of clothes. I used to like Harry and the royals but this is getting embarrassing.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6576589/Meghan-patron-National-Theatre.html
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 05:41:47 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2019, 05:57:09 am »

I am not a conspiracy theorist type - at least not the silly kind  laugh - but really...what is going on with this baby bump?
I have never seen such a fake looking one.
She either carries freakishly high or that bump keeps changing its position.

The earrings are beyond ugly. Who let her out of the house like this? 

― Mark Twain
Kins
courtier

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2019, 03:01:07 pm »

^Agreed. Looking at the pic that contains all the prices of her items, I see the outline of a square and a small lump right in the middle of the bump. Or am I seeing things?
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2019, 03:08:54 pm »

As I wrote elsewhere, I swear it looks like she carries in a hiatal hernia, not in her uterus.

I had read speculations about her not really being pregnant but I thought they were idiotic.

I'm starting to believe it's true.

Plus the speed with which she got pregnant on command at the age of 36, despite having managed to have none during her best reproductive years, the uncontrolled need to touch her belly, as if wanting to make sure it stays in place.

She is SO not pregnant. I never thought I would say that.
That's just not a baby bump. Never saw one like this.

― Mark Twain
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: