Royal Gossip
January 20, 2019, 03:30:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Sparkles: The fashion files 2019  (Read 4263 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2019, 03:16:50 pm »

Really off topic, guys.  Go to Members Only Board for this ^, ^^.  If you can’t see that Board, more posts are required (200 I believe).  Posts of substance, that is, not games.  Thanks, YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2019, 06:17:00 pm »

The REAL cost of being royal! How Meghan spent £431k on new clothing in the year she became a duchess - compared to Kate's £55k in 2011
Royal fashion experts at UFO No More compared clothing worn by the Duchess of Cambridge, the Duchess of Sussex and Sweden's Duchess of Värmland (Princess Sofia) from 1 January to December 31 in the year in which they wed their princes.

The study found that Sofia debuted 86 new items, Kate 87 and Meghan 248 in the year they tied the knot, in instances where the retail price could be identified. 

According to the study, the three women - all of whom had spring weddings - wore €61,603 (£55,461.80), €479,048 (£431,291.70) and €53,913 (£48,538.41) worth of new clothing respectively, totalling £535,291.91.

Researchers also calculated the average price per piece, working out at €580 (£521.86) for Sofia, €648 (£582.96) for Kate and €1,871 (£1,683.22) for Meghan.

Cost of new clothing

Sofia: €53,913 (£48,538.41)

Kate: €61,603 (£55,461.80)

Meghan: €479,048 (£431,291.70)

To keep the figures as accurate as possible, custom pieces where the price tag is unknown - such as Meghan's Givenchy wedding dress - have not been included.

The Prince of Wales is understood to cover the costs of Kate and Meghan's wardrobes for ‘work-related’ engagements through his official household budget, funded by the Duchy of Cornwall.

Kensington Palace are famously tight-lipped when it comes to royal wardrobes, but have previously told MailOnline that, as with Sweden's royal family, clothing is paid for 'privately'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6581527/Cost-Kate-Middleton-Meghans-royal-wardrobes-revealed.html

Why recycle the story if it’s not going to be explained why Meghan’s wardrobe cost so much and why KP is so tight lipped about it. The monarchy’s accused of costing the taxpayers too much money but it’s ok for Meghan to spend money on her wardrobe as she has an unlimited budget.  huh

Keep Calm and Carry On
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2019, 06:19:00 pm »

Is this cost including the outfits with the tags still on that Megs was obviously going to return after she merched?    easter-wink
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2019, 06:28:53 pm »

I think Kate didn't spend as much because she wasn't given all that much to spend in the first place. Charles is notoriously tight and since Kate barely worked, Kate barely got any new clothes out of royal coffers. No work, no new things. Meg is working and as much as I dislike her, she has been doing a full schedule since the day she was engaged. She has been contributing and being a team player and clearly isn't having her entire family along for the ride. I don't like what she's doing to her family, but she is drawing a very clear line and not expecting the palace to invite her family on state events.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2019, 06:55:02 pm »

I only look at the numbers. Huge difference. If DM adds the cost of 100 identical black stilletos, the trashy but expensive jewelries, the handbags and the gloves she never puts on .. there will be a closer estimation. Then, the cost of security is disclosed once a year from what I remember... My guestimate is between 2 and 3 mil.

Megan is not a real working royal. She cherry picks garden parties, galas and ballroom dancing. Remember - on the NZ market she stayed only 6 min among plebs. That's ... telling.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2019, 08:36:33 pm »

^Agreed.  I look at the numbers, too.  The spending is out of control at a time when conspicuous and maybe borderline compulsive purchasing or opulence bears no resemblance to the baloney she sells about being all about hard work and feet on the street reality chick.

Her “work” image is smoke and mirrors too.  She sticks around for the minimum time just to look busy. It ain’t work and it isn’t anything special or different than any other younger royals. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2019, 09:03:46 pm »

She may have spent some money on her own clothes pre wedding as a sort of "trousseau". I just can't imagine Charles agreeing to ponying up all that money for her.
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2019, 10:25:07 pm »

Or she is borrowing her a$$ off.  laugh
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2019, 12:02:04 am »

^Agreed.  I look at the numbers, too.  The spending is out of control at a time when conspicuous and maybe borderline compulsive purchasing or opulence bears no resemblance to the baloney she sells about being all about hard work and feet on the street reality chick.

Her “work” image is smoke and mirrors too.  She sticks around for the minimum time just to look busy. It ain’t work and it isn’t anything special or different than any other younger royals. 

Yup - I agree with this. The work is a beard and excuse in her mind to merch an obscenely expensive outfit and pretend she's Diana.  flower
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2019, 03:11:56 am »

For the life of me I will never understand how people can call whatever these people are dressing up for - "work".
If they want to say they "represent HM for X,Y,Z charity or event" - sure, why not.
But that's not work.
And they sure don't need to spend that much money on clothing to do all that "work".
What are they representing her MJ for? Fashion design? Are they modeling her clothes or something?
Why is it that they need to be so expensively dressed when they "work"?

Or is their ACTUAL job to remind the public of who they are and how nobody else could afford to dress like they do while ...uh-mm..."working" ?

What a charade.  

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 06:49:36 pm by YooperModerator » Logged

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2019, 06:40:08 am »

Meghan's nothing but a ceebrty playing a being royal. She thinks that it's about the jet setting, expensive clothes, exclusive residences, posh friends, and going to places greeting fans and meeting stars and watching other people work and call that work for yourself. She's really done nothing but merch expensive clothes and accessories and watched other people perform and she's given speeches that are filled with lies and platitudes. What she's doing isn't work and doesn't require a wardrobe that's near million pounds.
Royal fashion BLUNDER: Why Meghan Markle's wedding dress was a 'POOR FIT'
The email, from listener Anna, said: “In an early episode you discussed Meghan Markle’s wedding dress and how she had not seen it more than once before her wedding day.
“That was regarding her veil, not her dress.
“I point this out as I did not care for her dress at all, the biggest reason being the poor fit, and this something that should have been corrected given that she did have a number of fittings.
Ms Menza commented: “The tough one about this is, if she had seen the dress multiple times and had multiple fittings, it should have fit better.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1070939/meghan-markle-news-royal-fashion-blunder-wedding-dress-poor-fit-spt

The bride usually has to kick the dress forward as t usually cover the shoes, but Meghan's dress is ill fitting that it's too short at the front, so her shoes are visible. Clearyl she didn't have multiple fittings. Remember her reaction in the Queen of the World documentry where she said it's the first time she's seen it, or some such.
https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/106/590x/secondary/1684480.jpg?r=1547244812854

Keep Calm and Carry On
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2019, 06:23:25 pm »

^^ Above I meant "THEIR actual job".
Can't stand grammar typos - especially my own.  easter-egg-basket

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2019, 06:50:34 pm »

^Same here and I'm sure I have plenty of typos out there.  Still drives me batty.  Fixed it for you.  YM

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2019, 08:57:31 pm »

Why didn't she have more fittings?

Stella McCartney created Optah's dress on the spot overnight. Why Givenchy didn't spend more than a single day for this monstrosity of a dress. No excuse here. 
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2019, 01:58:40 am »

She was so busy trying to save the world and be vegan that she just didn't have time to be fitted.  Tongue
LadyVi
courtier

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2019, 11:20:59 am »

Meghan at Birkenhead today:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dw3fpVbX0AAo-hK.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dw3hcx0WoAIZMRb.jpg

Her dress is by Aritzia and her coat is by Sentaler. Her outfit reminds me of Princess Diana'a outfit she wore to visit the Taj Mahal
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2019, 11:48:50 am »

Can you post a picture of that outfit of Diana? Last time I went to India it was hot. It's winter in UK now .. I'm confused.  huh
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2019, 11:51:34 am »

Yes, it's the same shade of purple I think. And a crimson coat. No black! Great for a cold winter's day up north. And the colours of one of the charities they will be visiting, Tomorrow's Women Wirral.

The Sussexes will be going to see the statue in Birkenhead commemorating the life and death of one of Britain's greatest war poets, Wilfred Owen, who wrote some wonderful poetry between 1917-18 but was killed just one week before Armistice Day in November 1918. A tragic loss of life all round. No wonder the statue is called 'Exhaustion'.

Then it's talking to vets and others, a walkabout and visiting and visiting vulnerable women and youth. A full programme for Harry and Meghan. .
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 11:55:36 am by Rosella » Logged
LadyVi
courtier

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2019, 12:32:27 pm »

@Ariel Here's a picture of Princess Diana at the Taj Mahal: https://c8.alamy.com/comp/G6P84F/royalty-princess-diana-taj-mahal-agra-G6P84F.jpg

Meghan's dress: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dw3jqd5W0AAEzF1.jpg Babaton by Aritzia)
Earrings: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dw3gYB7X4AAjNSi.jpg (by Pippa Small)
Shoes: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dw3q6FyX0AEQnj1.jpg (Stuart Weitzman)
Bag: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dw3g3AbWoAEMOV1.jpg (Gabriela Hearst)
Bracelet: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dw3qHVXWoAAFUDa.jpg (Wide Ripple Gold Plated Bracelet by Bar)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 12:34:39 pm by LadyVi » Logged
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2019, 01:12:04 pm »

^ Thanks. She did copy the colors to a T. Maybe hoping that people will notice and she can be compared to Diana. Still obsessed with her dead mil?

I'm torn between the unoriginality of the outfit colors - copying your dead mil clothing is ... disgusting. The other thing that is a thorn in my eye is - M is literally the only pregnant woman in the world who got a padded behind with the pregnancy and zero change in the flat chest.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: