Royal Gossip
April 21, 2019, 09:40:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry: Press Articles & Random Chat 2018  (Read 16861 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #160 on: December 13, 2018, 03:25:14 pm »

And the thing is the really better quality of women did not want Harry or William to begin with. And Kate is in no position IMO to get on her high horse with Meghan. There are no Lisa Halaby type (Queen Noor) quality commoners that wanted them either.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #161 on: December 13, 2018, 03:54:59 pm »

One major mistake that was made in their upbringing is that Harry himself was not ordered to stop clubbing and start doing daily duties. This 'serving soldier' PR is just BS to justify not engaging a fuller workload and mingling with a better set of people. Harry was not serving full time (impossible due to security risks) and was not living on base and he was not doing regular office work since anyone who does regular office work is not jet setting across different time zones and doing gallops throughout the African desert while he plays at being an African desert warrior or nomad.

As for the decent women themselves, it is no wonder no one wanted him. Marriage is not the only way for women to move up and quite honestly, there are better men out there who don't blow their twenties in clubs and bars and expecting it all to magically come together at age thirty. Just because Harry was ready for marriage does not mean that every woman around the world was supposed to drop everything and line themselves up for inspection.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #162 on: December 14, 2018, 02:21:59 am »

I do not like Meg all that much, but wishing Meg death, that is way out of line. I do not understand why there are those who think that Harry should have married someone of 'better' accomplishment when Harry himself isn't interested in hanging around anyone serious or personally accomplished.

I agree. Wishing for someone to die no matter how you feel about them is way way out of line. I would MEggles to go away but not die.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #163 on: December 14, 2018, 03:10:13 pm »

Nobody should wish anyone dead although I believe in the death penalty and enforce it. The reason people have a strong opinion of Harry's choice of a wife is we are all stuck with that woman in the media. I personally can't stand seeing Murks shoved down my throat often when I go to the market and wait in line to pay. I do my best to turn the mags around on their shelves so I don't have to see her invade my space. Although I do go on this site voluntarily to speak my mind about her,  if she went away in the media, I'd be happy. I can't imagine how I'd feel if my tax dollars went for her upkeep. That is why people have opinions and express them. Harry is in a position as Wills to be responsible about who they picked to be shoved down people's throats. They are well paid and compensated for this responsibility. They can quit as Edward VIII did if they want to do their own thing.

The only constant is change.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #164 on: December 14, 2018, 03:27:06 pm »

I did like to see Harry being part of a meeting with his father. This should have been done when the boys were in their twenties. William and Harry should have been seen working with and on tours with their father.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2018, 11:33:10 pm »

If Harry and William had toured with their father and done engagements with him and worked under his orders in the office at Clarence House, I am certain both princes would have turned out better. They were given way too much freedom and way too many resources and no constraints. Neither were given any orders to fill out a certain number of engagements and if Harry in particular had been given better training I am certain that they would have become better men. In their case, the combination off good looks, youth, wealth, and adulation minus work requirements has only ruined them.

Harry is in a position as Wills to be responsible about who they picked to be shoved down people's throats. They are well paid and compensated for this responsibility.

Agreed; if William and Harry had been groomed to comprehend and understand that their people are essentially their employers, I am sure they would have never messed with either Kate or Meg and would have gladly done duties and been happy to embrace their life.

They can quit as Edward VIII did if they want to do their own thing.

I believe they are tempted, but thing is, if they do that, they will discover the realities of human nature, of what people around them really think of them. I believe that if Harry and William renounced their HRH, their wives would leave them, their celeb 'friends' would disown them, and heads of state would laugh in their faces if they requested a meeting. Harry's Invictus Games would dry up and he would have to actually WORK to make it continue to go forward and the people of London and the world would not be doormats anymore. The press would make their lives miserable since they wouldn't be able to use the MI6 to push the press around.

Deep down, both Harry and William know this.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2018, 12:39:12 am »

^ True and that is the point. They really just can't choose anyone and keep the perks without public outcry. Now I do think Waity is better than Murks although none of them are a real royal like Anne who really does do much charity and Diana did I believe as a venue for her love. They are in it for the perks and what the husband brings to them. They bring nothing but outfits. Kate is a little better looking. But other than that, she is really a nobody that crawled in with her family. And Harry? I don't understand him except he is a hypocrite and the hunting it is telling about who he really is. He likes to kill for all his friendly charity.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2018, 12:59:32 am »

Exactly. Kate would be a complete nobody if she had not landed William and she brought nothing to her marriage. She also got to the altar by way of the bedroom and I do think she is someone who didn't want to have too many people know too much about her mainly since she didn't keep William with her vast connections or substantial accomplishments, or her unmatched beauty. She did stuff decent women don't even know exist and did it for years. I am sure she also didn't keep him by building his cultural bonds to his own nation.

As for Meg, she is a modern day Ann Woodward (https://www.amazon.com/This-Crazy-Thing-Called-Love-ebook/dp/B00OWWOLZW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544835165&sr=8-1&keywords=Ann+Woodward), a chorus girl who hit the jackpot and I do think it will end horribly. Meg would still be doing a small bit part on a nothing daytime drama and would be making a regular sexual spectacle of herself. Thing is, Harry was landed by Meg because Harry has spent his entire life in a state of rebellion against one thing or another.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2018, 02:02:30 am »

OT: the Woodwards, Both of Anne's sons committed suicide and the sole survivor of that clan is a granddaughter, through her her eldest son. Interestingly Anne And william Woodward  were friends of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. And the Woodwards did not want a conviction for Ann so they had their friends testify for her including the Duchess. But then she was pretty much cut off from the family.

Kate would have been automatically disqualified as a bride in earlier times once she started sleeping with the PRince pre marriage. As would have Meghan.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2018, 02:36:07 am »

You know, back then, at least there were rules and standards that you knew and could follow. If a woman pulled half the stuff Kate did (stuff we only know about) it was accepted that the woman in question would NEVER make it beyond being a mistress. I think as for Meg, being an actress alone would have ruined her and she would have been at a point where Harry would have been told to choose her or the crown and I think he would have chosen his title and cushy lifestyle.

Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2018, 03:59:50 pm »

^

Kate's acceptance (because no thinking woman would have anything to do with Billy) set the standard so low that MeAgain was able to squeeze herself in. But of course, it's just going to be Harry taking all the flak because they have to protect the Uber Prince Baldy. And Harry with all his issues, etc, made it so easy for him to be used as the family scapegoat. It's kind of sad, actually - dumb as a stump Harry is, his brother is 10x worse.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2018, 04:06:33 pm »

^ I don’t see Harry as a scapegoat.  Harry created his own dilemma imo.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2018, 05:15:10 pm »

^ He certainly did but his being not that bright doesn't help him. Kuei Fei is right when posting that Harry is rebellious and does things like marry MM to rebel. I also think he thinks he outdid his brother in marrying a Californian actress in terms of what you can get away with nowadays in the BRF.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2018, 05:36:16 pm »

^Kate's acceptance (because no thinking woman would have anything to do with Billy)
set the standard so low that MeAgain was able to squeeze herself in

Thing is, that Kate latched on and was not going to go away; she also had the tabloid press on her side and there is no way that 'their' pick for William was going to become a memory. Kate was 'the fairy tale' and frankly unless William had an unusual amount of moral strength and mental stamina (as he has shown he does not) he was never going to be able to get rid of her. It would have meant being his own man and becoming decisive and firm about his choices and who he really wanted. It would have meant becoming a man and he clearly didn't want to be strong enough to give Kate and the tabloids the middle finger and go for a chance with Jecca. He let the tabloid press dictate his life for him.

But of course, it's just going to be Harry taking all the flak because they have to protect the Uber Prince Baldy. And Harry with all his issues, etc, made it so easy for him to be used as the family scapegoat. It's kind of sad, actually - dumb as a stump Harry is, his brother is 10x worse.

Anyone Harry married would have to be compared unfavorably against Kate. Kate would be the angel since she's married to William and anyone Harry married would be the devil. Harry could marry a Nobel prizewinning humanitarian and still Kate would be on top in regards to rank, PR, and Kate would still be a tabloid darling.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: