Royal Gossip
January 23, 2019, 12:02:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frogmore Cottage Thread  (Read 4207 times)
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2018, 02:44:13 pm »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6423965/Harry-Meghan-leave-Kensington-Palace-make-new-home-Frogmore-House.html

Harry and Meghan to move to royal Windsor estate where Wallis Simpson is buried: Duke and Duchess ditch Kensington Palace 'after tension with Wills' for cottage at Frogmore House
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2018, 02:47:47 pm »

I think there was a fell out between Meghan and Kate (burgundy outfits was a hint IMO) and it's behind the tension between William and Harry. Their mother will be sad they're fighting because 2 plain-looking wags!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2018, 02:52:08 pm »

I would say the burgundy outfits and the same day events was to make us think that all is all right. I think it is normal there are tensions as there is someone new. But if Harry had dated her for more time it would have been easier.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2018, 04:09:47 pm »

Even before either of them got married, William would make put down comments about Harry. It could be that these two had issues for years.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2018, 04:34:10 pm »

It seems to me like a clear cut: get out of my castle type of situation. Also, to support my banishment theory - unsanctioned pregnancy tweets, publicity stunts and "private events" in the same clothes as Kate will be very hard to pull off if you have to travel 1 hour or more from the beheading place. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if the Frogmore place is haunted.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2018, 04:36:43 pm »

It's not haunted. It's a luxurious place that senior royals are given to live. With lazy Kate not doing her bit, Harry and Meghan are needed. It also creeped me out when Kate played up to Harry during the fab three appearances.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2018, 04:42:00 pm »

^ They wrote in the article that the place is used as staff accommodations. Luxurious is not the first word that comes to mind.

^ With you on the Kate flirting with Harry.

Also, away from KP tweet and London city center severely limits Meg in her merching opportunities unless she dolls up to go to the local market to buy a bottle of white wine for pregnant women like Kate did.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2018, 05:14:39 pm »

Chris Ship discussing this latest news regarding the move.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/106b4b55cd52784614fc20e0b5a95b11/tumblr_pip6h2vA4H1teu3h4_1280.jpg
https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1066268722153820160?s=21

Naturally, the new digs is associated with scandal.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/df9b02dd9e90479a1a5ea43eecd77f61/tumblr_pip30nLCTA1x68rizo2_1280.jpg
It’s all too too delicious darling ones!! Meggy and Hazmat are being moved to the cottage of shamed assistant to Queen Victoria

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2018, 05:37:08 pm »

It's not haunted. It's a luxurious place that senior royals are given to live. With lazy Kate not doing her bit, Harry and Meghan are needed. It also creeped me out when Kate played up to Harry during the fab three appearances.

I think Kate is upset that Harry is no longer her plaything; he's a married man and likely Meg has put a stop to her flirtations and her pushiness in trying to direct his life. I also think the couple is moving out to be able to have more of a married life of their own independent of Kate's meddling and William's idiocy.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2018, 05:58:31 pm »

This move is a smack in the face really; to leave a palace to go live in a cottage on the grounds of where Edwars and Wallace are buried. To me, this is the royal family banishing them to this barren place to be out of site and out of mind whilst Wills and his family cement themselves as the future of the monarchy. Having Harry live out in Windsor, will make it harder for him to attend events in London as th travel will be longer just as he's starting getting involved with the knife crime. So many games are being played with these two that it's hard to believe what's real from not. The fact that it doesn't look secure for Harry to live there tells me that this is a bs story as well as Harry having tention with Wills. IMO, they'll have arguents but they're not join to fall outlike the articles are hinting.
According to this picture and description, the cottage seems far from the main house.
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11/24/11/6584434-6423965-image-a-41_1543057699248.jpg
Frogmore Cottage (top left hand corner) in relation to Frogmore House (bottom right) on the Windsor Estate, where the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be moving into in preparation for the birth of their first child
The cottage looks like it has been neglected for some time.
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11/24/10/6584150-6423965-Frogmore_Cottage_in_the_grounds_of_Frogmore_House_which_is_locat-a-20_1543055917983.jpg
Frogmore Cottage, in the grounds of Frogmore House, which is located in the royal Windsor Estate in Berkshire
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 06:05:39 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2018, 07:04:51 pm »

Even before either of them got married, William would make put down comments about Harry. It could be that these two had issues for years.
In all likelihood Harry saw that as sense of humor... harry also "put william down", again for others it was sense of humor...

I think Kate is upset that Harry is no longer her plaything; he's a married man and likely Meg has put a stop to her flirtations and her pushiness in trying to direct his life. I also think the couple is moving out to be able to have more of a married life of their own independent of Kate's meddling and William's idiocy.
I believe much more Meghan upset Kate rumor...

lazy Kate not doing her bit, Harry and Meghan are needed.
Meghan has showed to be interested in glamour things and polo appearences than real causes... since early marriage Harry has gone alone to events, including abroad
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 07:13:10 pm by dianab » Logged
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2018, 07:05:54 pm »

I've been to Windsor a few times - wish I had gotten to Frogmore House, but that will have to be on a future vacay, I suppose.

Frogmore House is out of the way - Windsor is a nice town - and their intended new residence/cottage probably even more secluded than most.

10 bedrooms, is it? Why is that? The Mulroneys intending to stay over?  bored3

^^
Nice little cottage, I wouldn't sneeze at it. Just thinking about the last time I strolled down the Great Walk and saw what I believe was Frogmore House in the far distance. It (the cottage) does seem very secluded though and thinking it's actually closer to the castle than Frogmore House. Hmmm, I'll do some map checking.  easter-sly

MeAgain might like that, for late night runs to the McDonalds near Windsor Castle.  laugh
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 07:12:00 pm by Snowpea » Logged
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2018, 07:29:05 pm »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6423965/Harry-Meghan-leave-Kensington-Palace-make-new-home-Frogmore-House.html

Harry and Meghan to move to royal Windsor estate where Wallis Simpson is buried: Duke and Duchess ditch Kensington Palace 'after tension with Wills' for cottage at Frogmore House
if that is a gift from the queen, it says all how old liz feels about meghan... and sort of confirms the tiara row Embarrassed
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2018, 07:35:27 pm »

Going from a 21-room apartment in KP to a 5-room servant accommodation is surely no step up. Also Megan doesn't strike as a real Wellies girl. I doubt she'l be happy to live deep into the woods.

Nutty_Flavor said...
Sending Meghan and Harry to Frogmore Cottage is a pretty fierce insult, Queen style.

It's in terrible condition, it's best known as the home of one of Queen Victoria's servants, and the final resting place of Wallis Simpson is located just a few steps away.

The house is also directly under the Heathrow flight path, with low-flying planes going by roughly every 3 minutes. In other words: go home.

This comment is in response to this blind item:

Blind Item #6
Don't believe the hype. These two royals are anything but bff. The alliterate one doesn't even want to try any longer to get along because the foreign one knows whats up and has been whispering in the ear of the husband of the alliterate one. So, the move out.
https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/11/blind-item-6_24.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2018, 07:45:30 pm »

I don't get why it is so "bad" to be in a place near where Wallis and Edward are buried. It is a graveyard and there are other royals buried there as well.  I find Wallis and Edward not 'objectionable' considering worse things have happened in that family since the abdication. It would take several books for me to cover this so I will leave it at that. Wallis never broke up a royal marriage and is not lizzie borden or anyone like that.

I think renovation $$$ will be provided for that house.

I would say it is ironic. Since the abdication there have been divorces and remarriages in that family and an American divorcee got the HRH. Wallis wherever she is must be having a good laugh.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 07:47:52 pm by sandy » Logged
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2018, 07:53:59 pm »

Going from a 21-room apartment in KP to a 5-room servant accommodation is surely no step up.

IMO because of this.

Wallis doesn't seem like problem to me but the quick downsizing into the servant quarters speaks volumes about how happy is brf with H & M. And, those grounds are the beheading grounds for Anne Boleyn. And, they are so secluded that a quick pap walk will not be quick at all.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2018, 07:56:08 pm »

I don't get why it is so "bad" to be in a place near where Wallis and Edward are buried. It is a graveyard and there are other royals buried there as well.  I find Wallis and Edward not 'objectionable' considering worse things have happened in that family since the abdication. It would take several books for me to cover this so I will leave it at that. Wallis never broke up a royal marriage and is not lizzie borden or anyone like that.

I think renovation $$$ will be provided for that house.

I would say it is ironic. Since the abdication there have been divorces and remarriages in that family and an American divorcee got the HRH. Wallis wherever she is must be having a good laugh.
It's not about personal opinion of outsiders... a fact remains Walis was, is and will always be more a non grata figure than Camilla in that family... that's that
sandy
Princess

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2018, 07:58:13 pm »

There are reminders of death in all Palaces. The Crown Jewels are near where Anne Boleyn was beheaded.

I think all the royals need to scale down. The Love  Fests that the senior royals hold for themselves (I'll leave the Queen out of this) cost big bucks. the "poorer" digs are deluxe residences as well. I don't buy that royals help tourism.

I thought the new residence has 20 bedrooms. It's no shack. If they think it is "poor" dwellings if I win the lottery I'd move into it.

I disagree dianab.--But I will post my thoughts on the Camilla thread.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2018, 08:03:39 pm »

The beheading grounds and the final resting place of deeply disliked people by the family is 'nough for me to not even set foot on such grounds.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2018, 08:06:33 pm »

Quite a message, no?  tehe
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: