Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 05:37:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frogmore Cottage Thread  (Read 7713 times)
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #160 on: February 01, 2019, 12:51:32 pm »

Paintings of Anne Boleyn and pictures of Wallis Simpson, I presume.

Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2019, 05:59:11 pm »

I hope the Queen doesn't give them any old paintings depicting black people as servants. Uh-oh. tehe

Remember when Will & Kate had to cover the word "negro" on a certain painting when former President Barack Obama and Michelle visited?
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/26/12/33892B9D00000578-3558623-The_U_S_President_and_First_Lady_were_just_moments_away_from_bei-m-2_1461671704958.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3558623/Royals-hide-word-negro-palace-painting-Obama-visit.html

Princess Michael of Kent should give a blackamoor statue as a house-warming gift  shifty
sandy
Princess

« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2019, 06:16:34 pm »

I like Holbein. I would really plead with the Queen to lend me some original Holbein sketches or paintings. They are so lifelike.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2019, 06:53:19 pm »

I would prefer the leonardos if we are asking, ask big!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #164 on: February 16, 2019, 03:49:26 pm »

It's Mystic Meghan! Duchess of Sussex 'wants to use feng shui to arrange the furniture in the new home she will share with Harry in the belief it creates good vibes'
She and Prince Harry will move into the Grade II-listed cottage later this year with their new baby who is due in the at the end of April or beginning of May.  The couple's builders plan to add fireplaces, staircases, and a floating floor, but will keep the original floorboards and shutters.

As well new additions, the royal couple are also set to go green and install a £50,000 energy unit that will provide heat, hot water and electricity.

The cottage is just 200 yards from the publicly accessible Long Walk, meaning it will require upgrades to ensure the family have privacy and security.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6711577/Meghan-wants-use-feng-shui-arrange-furniture-new-home.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2019, 10:17:42 pm »

That's an interesting aerial shot - wow, will it ever be close to the Long Walk (I have been on it a few times. easter-lol)

I wonder how it's going to effect the good citizens of Windsor and other tourists and all. The Long Walk is very open.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #166 on: March 09, 2019, 09:55:33 pm »

Interesting that Dickie's digusted by Fergies visit and calling her an outsider.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/6ea1ac308f95c50831bd4564da8034fd/tumblr_po45mq3hyF1ud2swf_1280.jpg

It would make sense the upgrade's for the staff from Buckingham Palace to move into so they'll be close to the queen whe she has to vacate the palace for Windsor Castle.

Keep Calm and Carry On
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2019, 03:32:15 pm »

Harry and Meghan 'delay their move to Frogmore Cottage while builders race to finish Duchess's last-minute design changes before Royal baby arrives'
* Meghan, 37, and Harry, 34, were allegedly due to move to Windsor this week
* But sources say last-minute design changes will mean delays of up to 4 weeks
* Heavily-pregnant Duchess would be just days away from birth on new timescale
Meghan, 37, and Harry, 34, were due to move into Frogmore Cottage, Windsor, this week, but workmen are still on-site.

They could be waiting another four weeks, which would mean the heavily-pregnant Duchess would move in just days before giving birth.   eating cookies
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6841849/Meghan-Harry-Frogmore-Cottage-Windsor-delayed-design-changes.html

« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 03:37:51 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #168 on: March 23, 2019, 04:44:22 pm »

^
'The word is they've been quite demanding, which is understandable as what homeowner doesn't want their house to be perfect?'

Well there's a surprise...

I can see why you'd be demanding if you'd purchased the house yourself, but this was a GIFT from HM. These spoiled, entitled brats wouldn't know the meaning of hard work if it smacked them in the face,
SouthernBelle
gossip insider

« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2019, 08:53:23 pm »

The design changes will take four weeks?  That’s outrageous!  Did they hire an architect or did Sparkles draw up the design on a cocktail napkin? 
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2019, 11:49:23 pm »

The Ultra super fantabulous feminist designed it all out on one of her outrageously expensive dresses that she will never wear again.
sanka
courtier

« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2019, 01:04:37 am »

There was not enough yoga and meditation rooms or mirrors in the place for MM.

^^ thanks SouthernBelle for the laugh about drawing up the design on a cocktail napkin it probably come with an email at 5am referencing said napkin and altered design  laugh
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #172 on: March 24, 2019, 05:16:37 am »

Prince Harry and Meghan to splash out £50,000 on soundproofing unit for their new Windsor home to block out noise from Heathrow jets
    The couple are said to have spent a record £3million renovating the property
    New soundproofing measures are thought to include triple glazed windows
    14 flights pass within a mile of the property around every thirty minutes 
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were gifted Frogmore Cottage by the Queen and the building work will be covered by the taxpayer-funded Sovereign Grant.

However, it is expected that Harry and Meghan will pay for the sound proofing out of their own pocket.  tehe

A satellite dish will be put up outside the property and a £50,000 green energy unit will be installed to provide hot water and electricity.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6843571/Prince-Harry-Meghan-splash-50-000-soundproofing-unit-new-Windsor-home.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
sanka
courtier

« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2019, 05:58:21 am »

^ paying for the sound proofing out of their own pocket is questionable...as Prince Charles supports them maybe the journalist was confused.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2019, 06:12:17 am »

Harry has his own yearly income though, interest on the many millions of pounds left to him by Diana, so he and Meghan are not solely supported by Charles. The Queen's Sovereign Grant covers the cost of renovations of all royals homes (it did for Anmer and Apartment 1A) and any extras are to be covered by the couple. That's what was announced at the time that Frogmore Cottage was fixed as their future home.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2019, 12:30:03 pm »

Where’s the link to the budget, contract and accounts/cost breakdown?  Yeah, I thought not.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2019, 01:35:19 pm »

The Sovereign Grant report for 2018/2019 will contain those figures. The Sovereign Grant Accounts for each year are tabled and published each mid-year by the Royal Household. Below are the latest figures for 2017/18, published in June 2018. They contain the costs of ongoing refurbishment of BP among other repairs.

https://www.royal.uk/financial-reports-2017-18

When the next Sovereign Grant report is published the costs for refurbishing Frogmore Cottage will be revealed. Extra costs borne by Harry/Meghan won't be as they are considered private.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2019, 03:46:51 pm »

The Ultra super fantabulous feminist designed it all out on one of her outrageously expensive dresses that she will never wear again.

More likely on her knickers easter-lol

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2019, 09:31:59 pm »

^^I look forward to seeing what the actual cost breakdown is for this renovation and what the household budget is.  It's not a very transparent report, tbh. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
SouthernBelle
gossip insider

« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2019, 12:15:38 am »

There was not enough yoga and meditation rooms or mirrors in the place for MM.

^^ thanks SouthernBelle for the laugh about drawing up the design on a cocktail napkin it probably come with an email at 5am referencing said napkin and altered design  laugh

You’re welcome, Sanka!   hello

I worked for a commercial contractor for a number of years and those last minute change orders come at a VERY high price. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: