Royal Gossip
March 20, 2019, 01:47:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frogmore Cottage Thread  (Read 5564 times)
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2018, 06:07:17 am »

Further away from what? The Queen spends a lot of time at Windsor Castle, and the Yorks and Wessexes live on the Windsor estate as well. Frogmore Cottage is about a six minutes brisk walk away from the castle where the Queen and Prince Philip live. Nearer than Royal Lodge or Bagshot.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2018, 06:58:13 am »

It seems London is the big place and the more senior royals live there with other places to visit.  They are being put at the visiting spot not where the action is or the more important family members live. Sorry but I don't see Murks as wanting to be in the visiting spot. I personally would prefer the visiting spot. But I don't have attention seeking issues.

The only constant is change.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2018, 03:25:52 pm »

Well Kate and Will as the "more important ones" lived in the country for quite the time and they had the same claims about needing privacy. william I think dislikes attention and he wants to be normal. I think he had to be dragged to London practically kicking and screaming and was "persuaded" to give up the "normal" job.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2018, 04:05:30 pm »

The indispensable ones need to be in  London.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2018, 04:17:45 pm »

Frogmore is not in Siberia. Some perspective please
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2018, 04:29:30 pm »

Well, I never saw their house in KP palace... when they said Frogmore I thought that they will go to that big white house and in that scenario, I can say that looks a lot better than KP.... but that?!?!? What about Adelaide cottage? I thought that the Queen will give them that.

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2018, 04:47:54 pm »

Not Siberia or Mars but not in the action either. I am certain, the Murks would rather be around London more so she can do more easy last minute hob nobbing with celebrities and other business people coming in town to promote herself and gather more connections at a personal level. I was there in 2016 and the London traffic coming in and going out is as horrible as here in L.A. That is because of smaller roads and many more cars but no matter the reason it is horrific now. So if she finds she needs to go to a London place to be seen or do her social connecting, etc., it may not be so easy as from Frogsville. She is not Kate who likes to live more quietly. Sure on some weekends she likes to go to relax in the country as many of my friends have homes in Palm Springs, Santa Barbara, Ventura to spend the weekend away from the big big city. But they have business and events during the week and weekends that keep them here as a primary living place for convenience if anything. Yes not Siberia but not convenient for her agenda.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2018, 05:02:47 pm »

Yeah it doesnt make sense to me either. I think you must feel a lot more isolated in windsor than in london where is easier to hide yourself and with access to many things.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Byechoc
Countess

« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2018, 05:18:21 pm »

I lived in Oxford and in London.... and let me tell you those weekends in Bicester or Witney were just amazing!!!

London is very busy... I believe that living in Windsor is a lot better!!! and even there they can have a better life! And if she needs something London is very close and with a lot less pollution!

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2018, 05:23:03 pm »

^ like I said, I would prefer it as you have said you would. We are not attention seekers with agendas. She can go to the country anytime to chill. She is ambitious and wants action around her that is powerful in her mind. Nature of the beast. The country in England is super fantastic. I would like to live there myself even with the rain.

Byechoc
Countess

« Reply #150 on: December 01, 2018, 05:49:03 pm »

And in the winter.... with snow all around and inside is so nice and warm!!!! IF it was Adelaide cottage I will be jealous!

sandy
Princess

« Reply #151 on: December 01, 2018, 05:52:10 pm »

London has had several terrorist attacks. Perhaps Harry and Meghan and their child will feel more secure some miles away.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #152 on: December 01, 2018, 07:47:06 pm »

Yeah Harry or any Windsor ever was at real danger... god knows why Harry felt secure partying in those posh pubs for years until very recently... Meghan must to be feeling very well living in a country environment (which she has never look for before)... god knows why she was seen enjoying herself in all those posh places in Chelsea and Kensington (for about 1 year now - since when she moved to London for the engagement) ... nice try... easter-lol
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2019, 04:38:02 am »

Harry and Meghan to install a taxpayer-funded £50,000 green boiler at Frogmore Cottage as the Duchess oversees an army of workers renovating their new home
They'll move into Frogmore Cottage ahead of the birth of their child, due in spring, and an army of builders and concrete mixers are already working in the grounds - supervised by the Duchess.
Huge renovations are needed at Frogmore to bolster security, which could cost the taxpayer as much as £5million and take considerable time. 
Meghan is said to be supervising the overhaul during her pregnancy. She is due to give birth to her and Harry's first child in late-March or early April.  (Brexit distraction baby?) bored3
The taxpayer-funded Sovereign Grant will may for much of the renovation of the five flats into one home.
There are major concerns about the security of Frogmore Cottage, prompting the renovations.
The Grade-II listed cottage is just 200 yards from the publicly accessible Long Walk, triggering major concerns about the couple's privacy.
Former royal protection officer Ken Wharfe told The Mirror late last year: 'The costs of building and security arrangements could balloon to £5million in the first year.
'There is no protection at Frogmore, there is no one living there. There are costs of at least two or three private protection officers and to make sure the estate is policed adequately by Thames Valley Police.
'There will have to be major reviews of the security surrounding that property, exposed on virtually every side.' 
The move to Frogmore is unprecedented in recent royal history, with the couple becoming the first to be based outside London for several decades. 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6575687/Harry-Meghan-install-taxpayer-funded-50-000-green-boiler-Frogmore-Cottage.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2019, 06:14:35 pm »

Mods, the Frogmore cottage thread’s closed.

Harry and Meghan's £3million home improvement! Couple will add fireplaces and staircases to ten-bed Frogmore Cottage to make Grade II home in Windsor Estate ready to welcome royal baby in spring
The source also claims Duchess of Sussex has been corresponding with the renovation team regularly.
Insiders now claim the renovations are expected to cost up to £3million - double the royal-funded refurbishment of Anmer Hall for William and Kate.
The building work will be covered by the Sovereign Grant - funded by the taxpayer - while the couple will pay for the furnishings.
The source also claims Duchess of Sussex has been corresponding with the renovation team regularly.
They added the home was being 'specially designed' to ensure that the family has a 'comfortable country life'.
'As a result, it is set to cost between £2million and £3 million for the whole project.
'The Duchess is very involved in the project and wants a home that is perfect for her, the Duke and her new baby.
'She has been corresponding with the planning team regularly as to what she wants.
Kensington Palace declined to comment about the overall costs and the application.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6576809/Harry-Meghans-home-improvement-Couple-add-fireplaces-staircases-Frogmore-Cottage.html
I’ve said before and I’ll say again that she’s a distraction from the Brexit debacle as yesterday the prime minister suffered another set back and articles about Frogmore and her leaked patronage were published. Then today we get her out and about being smug as her patronage’s were officially announced and all this bs about how her staff just loves her. As long as the Brexit negotiations are going bad, this farce will continue thereby making the U.K. and the royal family look like complete incompetent fools as this grifter continues to be the face of the monarchy and young women think someone to aspire to.  bignono
On the other hand, Harry’s rightly seen as the fool for bringing in this type of woman but what’s the excuse of the queen fast tracking her in and now giving her patronage’s? She spends money like it’s no object given the cost of her wardrobe, the rented cottage and the Frogmore renovation costs if we’re believe what’s being reported. She’s about to have a baby although you can see the padding but everyone acts like there’s nothing wrong or out of the ordinary. Why if this isn’t to distract the masses as the country continues to slide down hill? The people should expect to be told truth but have to now work against this noise to find reputable news outlets to know what’s going on.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 06:22:36 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2019, 10:09:27 pm »

^ I also started noticing that the Megan's spending habits are pointed out every time Theresa May takes the hit on Brexit.
camilapitanga
Countess

« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2019, 01:58:44 am »

She could be used as a distraction for anything bad as harry was too.They enjoyed throwing harry under the bus everytime the royals, the country whathever needed some good distraction.I wouldnt be surprised if theyre using his wife now and will use his kids in the future too whenever the cambridges kids does something wrong put the sussex doing something worst.The same things that happened with Wills and Harry is happenning with Kate and Meghan and for sure will happen with theyre kids.And there are still people who thinks this women plays the victim all the time seriouslly.I also think shes a drama queen and loves attention but shes a victim in many situations and things will only get worst.

I loved this place and it would be great to see them living away from all this circus even for sometime.I do think they like theyre lifes in london but with the whole stalking and people after them, creating drama about everything they do they prefer to spend sometime away especially with meghan being pregnant.Im sure she will prefer a calm and quiet life.Still dont see it lasting as it will get boring and lonelly too after sometime.I dont think they like london coz they can show off to be honest since the announcement they were dating came out i think ive seen 2 or 3 pics of her in london for the last 2 or 3 years.I dont think they have much privacy  and enjoy lifes like crazy in london its probablly prety limitaded but still living isolated is not always the best solution for everyone.But it would be great if they made this house theyre first home instead  and went to other places to visit only.

LadyVi
courtier

« Reply #157 on: January 31, 2019, 06:56:41 pm »

'Harry & Meghan to get the keys to their new home in March. They're shipping out of Kensington Palace and moving to a renovated property on the Frogmore Estate, Windsor before the baby arrives'

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-01-31/harry-and-meghan-to-move-to-new-home-frogmore-cottage-in-march/

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1091021796332265472
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2019, 07:43:28 pm »

I'm amazed that everything has gone so swiftly and well, actually. With such an old property I expected a multitude of problems from dry rot to extensive repairs to flooring etc. If this happens in March it looks as if Frimley Hospital in Surrey will be where Meghan gives birth. And much more room when baby comes home than at Nott Cott. 
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #159 on: February 01, 2019, 12:49:11 pm »

The Queen is to allow several pictures and other artwork from the Royal Collection to be lent to Harry and Meghan to help decorate Frogmore Cottage, according to the Fail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6656831/The-Queen-Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markle-priceless-artworks-collection.html
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: