Royal Gossip
March 20, 2019, 01:47:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frogmore Cottage Thread  (Read 5563 times)
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2018, 11:10:22 pm »

What really bothers me is how really interesting people buried there are not mentioned. Princess Marina was one of the most popular royals back in the thirties of all the brothers only Prince George of Kent married a royal Princess. She also presented the trophies at Wimbledon for years. Alice married to Prince Henry of Gloucester was also a fascinating royal and lived a very long life. She was Scottish like the Queen Mum.Why these writers can't mention they are also at Frogmore is beyond me.
Because the fact the duke and duchess of windsor are there says enough about the Windsor (particularly Liz) feelings about that place...
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2018, 11:36:01 pm »

The Duke of Windsor asked to be buried at Frogmore and as an ex-sovereign his wishes were respected and he was buried in the Royal burial ground. Naturally enough, his wife was buried by his side. He certainly isn't the only relative of the Queen's that is buried at Frogmore though. There are dozens, including the Queen's uncles Kent and Gloucester and their wives, whom the Queen was very fond of, and cousins she loves, like the present Dukes, will also be there with their wives in time.

Queen Elizabeth certainly doesn't *despise* the burial area. She and her dogs often walk around and near there. As for nearness to Frogmore Cottage, the Sussexes' new home, the burial ground is nearer to Frogmore House than the Cottage. In fact it's almost twice as far from the Cottage as the local Anmer Church and graveyard is from Anmer Hall. So the Cambridges are nearer to dead bodies in their living arrangements than the Sussexes are!
sandy
Princess

« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2018, 11:51:54 pm »

THe Queen was fond of her Uncle Edward and came to see him when he was sick, towards the end of his life. The Queen Mum loathed him and his wife. Charles was even pictured greeting the widowed Wallis in a very friendly way. There really was no real acrimony except between the Queen Mum and the Couple. Edward and Wallis were reunited with the family when they went to a dedication to Queen Mary. This was in the sixties and "David" returned to his sister Princess Mary's funeral in the sixties. So the "loathing" was more about Elizabeth the Queen Mum vs. Wallis. The Queen also gave permission for her Uncle Edward and his wife to be buried at Frogmore. The DM appears to me to be stirring up trouble. Especially ignoring that beloved royal family members like Alice and Marina are also buried there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=prince+charles+meets+wallis&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiZ5qes4vXeAhWKMd8KHZSoDm0Q_AUIDygC&biw=1366&bih=657#imgdii=r6zystxwss8yoM:&imgrc=7SkggC8O6D0LmM:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 11:54:11 pm by sandy » Logged
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2018, 12:19:23 am »

As a adult, i highly doubt the queen was fond of her uncle and his wife... DM is (for decades) a mouthpiece to royals as it's a very pro monarchy newspaper (re: many times they have got right their stories)... the queen-mother and husband are at St George's Chapel and walis and husband at frogmore enough said(until now there are bashing books and articles about the dukes of windsor)... no matter as meghan and harry fans spin it... there are many signs (reliable reports) that the queen dislike meghan... probably eugenie and kate and william too... and the woman is just married for 6 months!

i doubt charles cares about what edward and walis did when his mother was a kid... for obvious reasons i think he had somewhat sympathy for them but isnt willing defend them publicly...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2018, 12:28:06 am »

She was fond of him. She did visit him when he was sick and was not  bitter about him as the Queen Mum was. I read books that are quite accurate to this day the book the Windsor Story is referenced and it depicted them warts and all. But it never said there was acrimony between him and his niece. His niece also invited Wallis to a tribute to QUeen Mary and she was cordial to her. Charles was very friendly with Wallis. I did write she visited her Uncle "David" and surely was fond of him. That is factual. And she did invite his wife unlike her grandmother and mother did. She also gave permission for him to be buried with Wallis at Frogmore. No matter how many "bashing" books this is all factual. It is also unfair to label people as "Meghan and Harry fans" --it is more about the trashing of David and Wallis and implying the Queen loathed them. She loved her Uncle and extended a welcome to her Aunt by marriage.

The Queen meeting her Uncle when he was sick is true and if she loathed him she would stay away. They were fond of each other. Why wouldn't they be. The Queen Mum was said to have wanted to marry Edward instead of his brother, according to various biographies.

I don't call gossip reliable  --If the Queen loathed Meghan there would have been no big televised wedding.

Charles never snubbed Wallis and she was fond of him and spoke well of charles.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 12:31:41 am by sandy » Logged
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2018, 12:45:07 am »

Walis and Diana are mercilessly bashed until now, the queen wasnt grateful for all the heartache those women brought to family... Ok she visited him when he was sick but she loathes the word divorce so much as her mother, the reason she told anne suck up and put up with tim when she wanted a divorce few years ago. Of course as the son of a future king Harry will get a televised wedding... BTW no royals or presidents and 1rst ladies there, remember? Since 1990s, i dont think the marriages since 1990s in that family has anything to do with the queen liking them...
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2018, 12:55:56 am »

There were plenty of royals at Harry's wedding. As a matter of fact one was best man and two were bridal attendants. And the prince of Lesotho was there. Presidents and First Ladies don't turn up to Royal weddings that aren't State occasions. They didn't to the Cambridges.

I think the last First Lady to be at a Royal wedding was Nancy Reagan at Charles/Diana's. Obama and Michelle might well have turned up to Harry's as an ex President and wife but there would have been political complications with their attendance.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2018, 01:02:44 am »

Walis and Diana are mercilessly bashed until now, the queen wasnt grateful for all the heartache those women brought to family... Ok she visited him when he was sick but she loathes the word divorce so much as her mother, the reason she told anne suck up and put up with tim when she wanted a divorce few years ago. Of course as the son of a future king Harry will get a televised wedding... BTW no royals or presidents and 1rst ladies there, remember? Since 1990s, i dont think the marriages since 1990s in that family has anything to do with the queen liking them...

The Queen Mum did not receive Camilla after her divorce and did not want to witness her marrying CHarles, in her lifetime. The Queen allowed it. And three of the Queen's children divorced and two remarried. So the Queen was not as adamant about divorce as her mother was.   The Queen also received Uncle David when he arrived at the funeral of his sister Mary and also, when he and Wallis visited to attend a dedication to a Queen Mary memorial so it was more than that one time.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2018, 06:50:41 am »

No matter how hard one tries to spin this banishment into the deep forests, here's the expectatuond vs reality:

https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/180558050263/neighbours

QE wins. Megan stays in the servant quarters. Jack Brooksbank moves into the palace.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2018, 09:41:50 am »

Frogmore Cottage will be a luxury renovated home (which once had Queen Mary and a Russian Grand Duchess living there) about six minutes walk from Windsor Castle, where the Queen and Prince Philip spend much of their time.

Also near to Windsor Castle and on the grounds at Windsor are Royal Lodge (Andrew's home) and Bagshot, where the Wessexes live. The Sussexes will probably continue to live at Nott Cott as a city bolthole after they move. Eugenie and Jack are in the small Ivy Cottage at KP and may well move out into private London accommodation later. 

Frogmore Cottage is twice the distance from the Royal burial ground as Anmer is from its local church and graveyard, and Anmer Hall had a fraudster living in it from whom Edward VII had to buy the lease. Before the Cambridges moved in, a small business firm owned Anmer.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2018, 10:33:32 am »

^^Correct-o.  Too many doth protest too much.  HM’s statement is quite clear to me.  She knows the image this creates.  I wonder how many millions it will take to refurbish the thing, too, which will be annoying. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2018, 02:31:08 pm »

Yup I don't blame the Queen

The only constant is change.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2018, 02:49:00 pm »

No matter how hard one tries to spin this banishment into the deep forests, here's the expectatuond vs reality:

https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/180558050263/neighbours

QE wins. Megan stays in the servant quarters. Jack Brooksbank moves into the palace.

As if Meghan will stay in Servants quarters. She is doing royal work. Jack is keeping his day job and is a nonentity that has to deal with a formidable mother in law.

This is really spun. It is not the deep forest. No matter how this is spun.

If the Queen really is making a "statement" then she is a nasty person. And petty. I don't think she feels it is a comedown. It is amusing that a royal residence is tried to be spun into a housing project.
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2018, 03:22:52 pm »

There's nothing about Fergie that is formidable and he'll hardly have to deal with her much. She may be a big pain in the butt but she does have a life her own life.

Jack's day job is actually work. Murkle isn't doing any work, whether one wants to tack royal onto the front or not.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2018, 03:56:53 pm »

She's already ranting on about his being a "beautiful man" to the media. this will continue.

Meghan is expected to be a working royal. As harry's wife.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2018, 04:23:47 pm »

^ Yes, and she'd better work cause those Jimmy Choos and Oscar De La Renta's ain't cheap.

By the way, the ODLR dress from Oz looks perfect for a day visit to the quiet neighbors in Frogmore.
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2018, 02:07:25 am »

Work being much of nothing at all.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2018, 02:41:11 am »

The cottage's pretty delaportated now and would cost a fortune to fix, not to mention a long time; longer than early next year. The queen's putting Meghan out to pasture.  eating cookies
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/180625160538/dilapidated-how-embarrassing
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 02:46:34 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2018, 02:44:40 am »

I doubt that. It is not a housing project or a slum.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2018, 05:55:19 am »

^^ That is one big cottage! It will cost a fortune to fix. So either the Queen loves them so much to spend all that money or she is willing to spend whatever to get Murks further away.

The only constant is change.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: