Royal Gossip
March 25, 2019, 10:53:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frogmore Cottage Thread  (Read 6481 times)
beline
courtier

« on: November 23, 2018, 11:17:46 pm »

They are moving to Frogmore Cottage next year according to Emily Andrews. The Queen has given them the house where they had theor wedding party.

https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/status/1066100360199249920
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 12:45:37 am »

https://www.rct.uk/collection/2100460/frogmore-cottage-windsor

This is Frogmore Cottage. Wonder how MeAgain will take to relative obscurity there.  laugh
sanka
gossip insider

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 02:00:52 am »

I also wonder how MM will cope not being in the limelight.

At least with KP it has security to cover all the royals. As Frogmore Cottage is separate then additional $ for security.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 02:07:46 am »

Harry set to split from big brother Wills as he and Meghan move away from Kensington to set up home in Windsor

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7815881/harry-set-to-split-from-big-brother-wills-meghan-windsor/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
sandy
Princess

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 02:28:38 am »

I also wonder how MM will cope not being in the limelight.

At least with KP it has security to cover all the royals. As Frogmore Cottage is separate then additional $ for security.

She and Harry won't disappear.

I wish someone would let me live in something royals consider "a cottage."
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 03:11:22 am »

They are moving to Frogmore Cottage next year according to Emily Andrews. The Queen has given them the house where they had theor wedding party.

https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/status/1066100360199249920

I thought they had there wedding reception/party at Frogmore House. Frogmore Cottage, I believe, is a different house altogether.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 04:23:04 am »

Frogmore Cottage is a different building to Frogmore House. It's in the grounds of the Frogmore estate. (The photo of the Cottage linked below was from the 1860s!)
At the moment it is divided into five apartments for Windsor Castle staff. It's a solid and fine early 19th century building but needs a lot or renovation to bring it back to being a single ten bedroom home. There's also a public footpath nearby. Emily Andrews gives no sources for her story, which makes this very iffy in my eyes. The Cottage has had a planning application in October 2018. However, it wouldn't be any good as a central London pad.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 04:28:15 am by Rosella » Logged
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 05:28:04 am »

^^ So, to sum it up, Will kicked the duo out of his apartment building. I wonder what the reason was. It surely isn't the late night tweets or the see through dresses in Oz. Must be something bigger.

Then, not only H didn't succeed in kicking out the Gloucesters out of their home but they are moved to a 'staff accommodation'. Didn't M suggest that the Clooneys make their home an airport lounge with completely disharmonious and tacky colors? Maybe she should hire the same guys to do her home too.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 07:42:01 am »

This is reminding me more and more of Andrew....

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 08:26:18 am »

This article by Emily Andrews however is only speculative at the moment though, and EA has often got things wrong. She hasn't hinted about any sources within KP or the Royal Household on this, which makes it iffy for me until something firms up.   
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2018, 09:24:53 am »

I have read elsewhere that KP have now confirmed that Frogmore Cottage will be Harry and Meghan's home. https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/status/1066253040901128193 This is still from a reporter but claiming it is from KP rather than the unnamed sources from the earlier reports.

If true this will probably mean much the same as the Queen's younger children - house in the country and small apartment in London for use when needed. Windsor is easily accessible for work days in London and plenty of space for the kids to grow.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2018, 09:31:16 am »

Confirmed, so for once EA was correct! Yes, it a splendid old house and will be an excellent home when renovated. Queen Mary lived there for a while in the 1930s  and I believe, very early on, Queen Charlotte.

Richard Palmer has also been told that the Sussexes will continue to use the offices at KP.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyalReporter/status/1066252534887694336?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2018, 11:35:18 am »

I wonder if someone very city oriented like Meghan will do living mainly in the country.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2018, 11:41:11 am »

Harry/Meghan have lived a lot of the time since their marriage in the Cotswolds though since they married and the Tew Estate is much more rural than Frogmore, which is on the Windsor estate and only about 45 minutes away from London. We still don't know whether they will receive a bolt hole in central London as well, yet.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2018, 11:43:02 am »

^^ She got banished from the castle  laugh and she ain't gonna like it. Especially for the staged photo ops and the merching. easter-akasha
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2018, 12:06:49 pm »

Another bit of the Andrews article stated that the Gloucesters were moving out of their apartment next year but the Sussexes didn't want to move in there and preferred the house and grounds at Windsor. Their lease on the Cotswold property might run into mid next year as well.

They may still use Nott Cott to use for central London engagements and KP have stated that their official office will still be based at Kensington Palace.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2018, 12:14:19 pm »

I wonder if someone very city oriented like Meghan will do living mainly in the country.
Hard believe she'll be happy in Windsor. I thought she'll be bored (and probably was) in Cotswolds, let alone in Windosr. More and more I believe this marriage will be finito in about 5 years. Meghan and Harry will make Fergie and Andrew (from 1980/90s) look like saints
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 12:18:21 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2018, 12:23:45 pm »

They have only been married a few months. Andrew and Fergie are two different people.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2018, 12:45:25 pm »

Hard believe she'll be happy in Windsor. I thought she'll be bored (and probably was) in Cotswolds, let alone in Windosr. More and more I believe this marriage will be finito in about 5 years. Meghan and Harry will make Fergie and Andrew (from 1980/90s) look like saints

Seems that we have the same feeling  sigh

sandy
Princess

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2018, 01:15:21 pm »

It's not as if they are "exiled" it's a royal residence and they can travel to London. All of the senior royals get country homes with many many rooms.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: