Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 09:19:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How lonely?  (Read 355 times)
FrederickLouis
Countess

« on: August 19, 2018, 02:11:17 am »

How lonely do you think Lady Diana felt when she first became acquainted with Prince Charles? How lonely do you think she felt when she was the Princess of Wales?

Really A Baron
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 12:16:38 pm »

Diana had the flat in London with roommates and appeared to be having a good time and she had work that she enjoyed. I think she was lonely when Charles moved her into BP and she was left to her own devices.
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 02:40:48 am »

Would it have been better for Lady Diana if a lot of Charles' relatives could have looked in on her and spent quality time with her?

Really A Baron
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 10:31:55 pm »

On a scale from 1-10?
I don't know. A 7 ?

Loneliness is certainly no fun for anyone. But the perks of money, status, entourage and various social outlets can go a long way in placating the pain of loneliness.

Think about how many women are in similar situations, experiencing loneliness and betrayal - but without the supports Diana had in place.

Don't forget women like her have ladies-in-waiting, entourage and all sorts of other company/support that can always assuage the spousal absence.
Certainly not replace - but assuage? Yes.

β€œTo do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 11:50:31 pm »

Good points and this is something I like seeing pointed out.

Diana had loneliness, but she had the ability to be lonely in comforts and in a position where she was never vulnerable to experiencing injustice and being unable to do anything about it. I do not think Diana had it harder than her untitled, poorer female peers who didn't have an ounce of all she did to mitigate the pain and rejection she went through. She never lacked for a home, money, good clothes, and her sons went to the best schools and were safe and secure.

Would it have been better for Lady Diana if a lot of Charles' relatives could have looked in on her and spent quality time with her?

Yes. Princess Anne could have stopped being so icy and rude and I'm sure others should have called on her to welcome her to the BRF.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: