Royal Gossip
November 16, 2018, 06:07:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tusk_org Conservation Awards November 8  (Read 930 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: October 31, 2018, 05:52:39 pm »

Kensington Palace

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the @tusk_org Conservation Awards on Thursday 8th November #TuskAwards

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 12:52:06 pm »

Will Jecca be there? That is something that will be commented about and create all sorts of lovely drama.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 03:25:36 pm »

^ I hope Jecca is there just to see The Potato Head squirm.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 10:46:53 pm »

tehe tehe tehe
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 04:58:58 pm »

I wondered how long it would be before a gala dinner or awards ceremony popped up for them  bored3
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 08:39:27 pm »

Rebecca English
‏The Duchess of Cambridge is in aqua green Jenny Packham tonight @tusk_org
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/1060618592318840834

Thrifty Kate strikes again! Duchess of Cambridge recycles SIX-YEAR-OLD Jenny Packham dress as she joins Prince William at the Tusk Conservation Awards in central London
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6369045/Kate-recycles-SIX-YEAR-OLD-Jenny-Packham-dress-Tusk-awards.html

I like the dress. it looked better on her when she first wore it

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 08:43:52 pm »

I have never liked it and it hasnt age well imo.

But smart from Kats for recycling.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 09:45:47 pm »

It’s a “hair up” dress.  Her hair down doesn’t elevate the dress or event enough.  Pretty dress, tho.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 01:44:59 am »

She should have worn her hair up. She looks too thin now and it is noticeable around her shoulders and arms. The dress is nice but I agree it looked better the last time because she looked to be at a better weight.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 03:39:04 am »

Yes hair up is better. I do like that she is wearing an older dress in light of the negative press MEg is getting for her wardrobe.
logically
courtier

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 12:33:38 pm »

Never liked this dress and if you are going to wear it - it needs an up do.  She is only wearing this dress jsut to make a PR statement of "I'm the good duchess - I recycle clothes"  Trust me she is gritting her teeth in her recycled teeth becuase she too would want a brand new outfit.  Right now she is following MA Midds plan of counter PR. Waity has closets full of expensive things - we jsut don't see her often.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 02:05:59 pm »

^That’s undoubtedly true but still a good message to send.  PR is everything.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 03:10:28 pm »

Prince William and Kate attend Tusk Conservation Awards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnLgzAeAGbI&app=desktop

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 03:44:23 pm »

Never liked this dress and if you are going to wear it - it needs an up do.  She is only wearing this dress jsut to make a PR statement of "I'm the good duchess - I recycle clothes"  Trust me she is gritting her teeth in her recycled teeth becuase she too would want a brand new outfit.  Right now she is following MA Midds plan of counter PR.

I think the reality is that Charles is not interested in funding Kate's shopping sprees anymore; of that I am sure. No more new stuff, no more new shoes, nothing unless she digs herself out of that hole that involves her lack of work ethic.

Waity has closets full of expensive things - we jsut don't see her often.

Or Charles has yanked the spending and she's not as loaded with clothes as we think. If Charles is skimping on public wardrobes, I think he is in fact not letting her get away with buying better stuff and keeping it private. I do not think William is a generous man either. Why would they be?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 03:45:50 pm »

Yes hair up is better. I do like that she is wearing an older dress in light of the negative press MEg is getting for her wardrobe.

I do think it's the DM stirring up click bait. Kate may not want to call attention to her getting less $$$ (allegedly) for her wardrobe. I do think it overall ridiculous for royal to play at being thrifty. Thrifty people do things like clip coupons and wear outfits for years and years. Her shoes were not cheap, she probably has  shoes closet like Carrie Bradshaw had in Sex and the City.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 04:01:08 pm »

I beg to differ; I think Charles does not pay out anything much anymore and I do believe that she has the houses and staff and good food, but the rest is not given freely. I think she went on enough shopping binges during her first few years and since Charles thought she would need a wardrobe for a full work schedule, but go figure, she didn't work and so Charles yanked the funding away, but she still has stuff she hasn't worn publicly and since she doesn't work much, probably never will. So now she's no longer getting anything from Charles, so she wears the older stuff probably hoping to shame him into giving her money for couture, but Charles isn't budging.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2018, 04:07:01 pm »

That sounds about right KF, considering how miserly Charles can get. She must really be digging in her heels about not working. The sugars on DM discussion board talk about her "chasing around" her young children and how "wonderful" it is that she lost all the baby weight and how they envy that and so on. Ignoring that IMO she lost too much weight.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 06:18:39 pm »

You know, none of these award shows are really anything other than a cocktail party with a presentation of an award while the guests sip champagne and gossip about how hard they have it finding good help. I'm sure that Kate revels in it, but is wistful that she isn't getting the big time events, that require a tiara and full on gown in the real sense of the word. She wears something off the peg, wears old shoes, dinky jewelry, and looks over tanned and too thin. Meanwhile her dolt husband acts like he's an elder statesman (how George Clooney acts at a red carpet event) and tries to be taken seriously (instead of the male socialite with a title that he really is) and fancies that he should be doing 'better' things (like making treaties and speeches at the UN). These 'shows' are just a letdown, one huge letdown with no credibility.

buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2018, 09:13:38 pm »

Out of all the dresses she could have reworn, I wish it hadn't been that one.

I would have liked to see this with hair up https://ca.hellomagazine.com/images/stories/0/2016/06/10/000/356/585/gallery_3_5.jpg
Or this https://us.hola.com/en/imagenes/fashion/201801317626/kate-middleton-best-glamorous-evening-gowns/0-7-662/kate-3-a.jpg?interpolation=lanczos-normal&downsize=200px:*&output-format=progressive-jpeg

CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2018, 02:35:34 am »

I love the red one!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: