Royal Gossip
November 16, 2018, 06:22:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghan Speaks  (Read 768 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: October 29, 2018, 09:17:04 pm »

Will put all her Speeches and PSAs here

Inside Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Prince William and Kate's first official joint outing (4:16)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDwZvISUPio

Meghan Markle describes Grenfell cookbook as a 'labour of love' in speech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq0tvm1zTFM

Meghan Markle makes powerful first speech in Fiji  
(start @ 2:22)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7yGJ7Vic8k

Meghan Markle Surprises Fans with Emotional Speech at Invictus Games' Closing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrIOkLDw84A

Meghan Markle blows away royal protocol with powerful speech about the right to education for girls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZQiB1ChLAQ

Australian Geographic Society Awards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk6T1AxPknA

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:20:45 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 09:35:30 pm »

I find it hilariously ironic that she gave a speech about women's rights and agency and suffrage when she has:

-Essentially given up her right to vote by marrying into the RF
-Given up her right to campaign on anything political by marrying into the RF - if the vote for women were to be rescinded tomorrow, she wouldn't even be able to express an opinion on it
-Sent a message to girls and women everywhere that it's worth ditching your career, your family, and basically uprooting your entire life for a (richer, more powerful) man
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 09:53:45 pm »

^ I dont think she gets it.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 10:21:16 pm »

I find it hilariously ironic that she gave a speech about women's rights and agency and suffrage when she has:
-Given up her right to campaign on anything political by marrying into the RF - if the vote for women were to be rescinded tomorrow, she wouldn't even be able to express an opinion on it
-Sent a message to girls and women everywhere that it's worth ditching your career, your family, and basically uprooting your entire life for a (richer, more powerful) man

She married in to take on what she thought the role Diana had at the end of her life. Regrettably, Meg doesn't realize that it took over a decade for Diana to get to that level and even still Diana didn't actually have power to decide policy. Meg is only at square one right now and she threw her tiny UN position away instead of keeping it.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 10:30:17 pm »

Yeah, she's no feminist role model, no matter how much her American PR pushes this.
BostonLibby
courtier

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 05:50:34 pm »

Posted by: buflesse

Exactly right buflesse.  That's one of my main problems with Megham.  She seems to think that she'll just do things her way a be a powerhouse who drags the BRF into the 21st century.  The problem is that as she gets more and more political (and I do believe she will), she'll be no different than some public figure outside of the BRF.  That begs the question of why is the BRF needed, if that is what it is?
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 06:04:59 pm »

^exactly. She just a low life Hollywood raised celebrity who’s now drunk with the global platform that her ‘marriage’ to Harry provides her. She could careless about where the royal family stands regarding politics and other things as she’ll do her own thing. Trouble is, she needs the royal family to remain much the way they are seeped in tradition and not easily swayed by being modern to the extent of being part of the celebrity culture like some of the public and press seems to want. She’s pushing herself to the edge with her agenda as it smacks counter to what a member of the royal family is.
So many things she’s gotten away with indicates that she’s not part of the royal family no matter her status via marriage. I think that she was brought in to see what the public can tolerate; to see what the royal family needs to do to appeal to the changing populace and the millions of young people caught up in the celebrity culture. She’s exactly like the vapid celebrities that the younger ones follow, so she was used to get the royal family talked about in those areas on social media and beyond. The question now is, how long will she be able to do her own thing as it’s not good for the long term as Harry’s now lowered himself to her gutter level.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 06:13:50 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 06:31:16 pm »

Anybody who marries in is part of the royal family--she is HRH since she married a senior member. So marrying ins do count. If she and Harry just lived together she would not be part of the family but once they go through the royal wedding, she gets the rank and style of the husband.

The Queen would not IMO subsidize the high costs of a royal wedding it it were meant to be an "experiment."  

To be fair, royals seeking out celebrities has gone on for generations. There are so many photos of royals mingling with celebrities it is hard to keep track.

I mentioned on another thread, that I don't think many Americans see her as a "feminist" considering she married into the royal family. There are real role models that are listened to re: Feminism.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 06:35:30 pm by sandy » Logged
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 07:03:10 pm »

When it comes to how the royal family as well as the UK is perceived to the outside world now and post Brexit, the queen would go along with this farce if it changes how they’re viewed. There was a lot of nonsense going on with people of colour going round saying that the UK is racist and the royal family could care less about the less fortunate especially those in the tough neighborhoods made up of people of colour. IMO, something had to be done to see what exactly they’re complaining about and what can be done about it. Although I didn’t watch that horrible wedding, the BCC presenters made it all about how modern and inclusive the royal family is and how progressive the UK is just by allowing a biracial woman to marry in. Also, during the engagement period, look at the areas they visited; areas that we’re heavily populated by people of colour who feel removed from UK society and out of touch with the royal family. This does indeed feel like an operation to change perceptions as well as a pr push using Meghan’s celebrity tactics. Mow Harry and Meghan are a celebrity couple because a royal couple would’ve done dumb pda, holding your belly bump, walking in front of a blood royal and hogging the press attention with your antics. It’s time for this couple to step aside after their long holiday tour for a while. It’s now time for Charles or whoever, to put their foot down and sideline these two.

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 07:17:46 pm »

I think a better thing to do is to step up their duties. Sidelining will just create IMO royals who do not give back and are photographed vacationing. She and Harry are expected to work and should be given a full plate. That may bother them more since I think the younger generation of royals tends to be lazy. And it's not as if they would be not seen, the media would cover their "leisure" times. I say step up the duties for them and have them give back and earn their keep. I think sidelining royals would only promote laziness. Which is not a good thing.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 09:32:14 pm »

Harry and Meghan are a celebrity couple though. There’s no point in them working for the Firm when all we’revg to see is exactly what we’ seeing on this tour. That’s not what the royal family’s about. They’re not vapid clothes horses who swan around doing antics that bring press attention to themselves like Meghan’s doing cradling her ever changing baby bump. What would make this situation make sense to everyone is for it to be something to get the younger generation to ask questions about everything in this case, why’s Meghan getting all these allowances that Kate never got or had to wait years for. Why is Meghan being praised? Why’s Harry being a hypocrite?  Because since the minute Meghan has been linked to Harry, nothing has made sense in how the royal family does things, only in the celebrity world that this situation makes sense.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 09:48:26 pm »

^ Amen to that. More work and less fancy ball gowns for Murky.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 01:32:13 am »

OH NO!! She will just DIE if she doesn't get the most expensive and fugly dresses ever!!  Tongue
sandy
Princess

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2018, 02:16:03 pm »

Harry and Meghan are a celebrity couple though. There’s no point in them working for the Firm when all we’revg to see is exactly what we’ seeing on this tour. That’s not what the royal family’s about. They’re not vapid clothes horses who swan around doing antics that bring press attention to themselves like Meghan’s doing cradling her ever changing baby bump. What would make this situation make sense to everyone is for it to be something to get the younger generation to ask questions about everything in this case, why’s Meghan getting all these allowances that Kate never got or had to wait years for. Why is Meghan being praised? Why’s Harry being a hypocrite?  Because since the minute Meghan has been linked to Harry, nothing has made sense in how the royal family does things, only in the celebrity world that this situation makes sense.

On paper, she and Harry are senior members of the Royal Family. Some do see "royals" as celebrities and they are profiled along with Brad Pitt and others in American magazines: People and Us and so on.

She is out working and hopefully she will learn. I don't know the finances of who gets what in the family, The DM can quote prices all they want but the exact finances and money allocated is kept confidential.

The celebrity world has surrounded the royals for decades. And "royals" have been featured on the cover of People magazine arguably more than some celebrities have.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 02:36:43 pm »

OH NO!! She will just DIE if she doesn't get the most expensive and fugly dresses ever!!  Tongue

She seems well able to make almost any dress look ugly.  I don’t know why, but she never looks polished.

^Sandy, do you really feel that what the royals do is really work hard?  I don’t.  I call what they do a walk in the park.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
sandy
Princess

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 10:50:47 pm »

The royals do not have nearly much the workload of many. Unlike doctors they don't have to make the rounds in a hospital and treat patients in their offices and often do not get much rest.  The royals need to be seen doing things like supporting charities otherwise the whole institution would be questioned, what do they do that we have to support them? Then their existence would rest on thin ice--that they "help tourism"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: