Royal Gossip
November 16, 2018, 06:15:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles' 70 Birthday Thread ( All topics)  (Read 3761 times)
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2018, 04:10:43 pm »

I’ve always thought that in reality Camilla would be Queen Consort by way of simply being his wife.  It’s the same as the fact that she really is the current Princess of Wales.  It’s no one"s choice, it just is.  I think the privy council also have a say in the matter. 

Anyway, I’d rather wait and see how she’s addressed rather than pass down an execution without knowledge.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
sandy
Princess

« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2018, 05:03:50 pm »

The thing is it was "said" she would be Princess Consort when Charles was pushing the marriage (back in 2005). Charles sort of boxed himself into a corner with some  and did not make himself look very credible.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2018, 04:40:21 am »

Royals and other guests revealed for Charles's 70th birthday celebrations at BP on the 14th of this month. The CP and CPss of Denmark of course and the Norwegian King and Queen are likely. The Swedes won't be there as they have a State Visit happening. Close family will be there and the Queen will host.

http://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/charlesandcamilla/royal-guests-revealed-for-the-prince-of-waless-70th-birthday-dinner-111355
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2018, 06:05:43 am »

Charles also swore that he would never remarry; go figure, now we know the truth that he is too weak to take a stand and stick with it. He is still too weak to stay strong against any temptation from any form of gratification, of that I can see. 

All this, from a man who thinks he knows better than his Sovereign. Quite honestly, this man has no idea just how badly he looks, constantly whining, constantly trying to usurp HM's prerogatives as if he were some kind of joint Sovereign, and he also has effectively alienated the Chinese over his VERY public stance on Tibet. Bluntly put, he has alienated a very powerful nation and clearly he does not see (dolt that he is) that after HM is gone, there is no guarantee that the Chinese will even want to maintain any kind of substantial ties with the UK due to Charles' recalcitrant view of what is a Chinese internal affair.

Every time he shows a considerable lack of respect for HM"s position, he shows the rest of the world that he will not respect the position of other world leaders. That is DANGEROUS and it can end up causing huge damage. We all know this. His whining about not being able to inherit young has in fact shown that he has no clue as to what would be on his shoulders and frankly it is disconcerting that he would wish his mother gone at a young age. Lowlife. He has no self control and has thrown away all chances at having a dream life at every stage. He could have learned more, gotten more qualifications, and have earned even more respect.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2018, 01:21:59 am »

ROYAL FEUD: Will Sarah Ferguson be invited to Prince Charles' HUGE 70th birthday party?
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1042344/sarah-ferguson-fergie-prince-charles-birthday-party-royal-news

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2018, 01:43:54 am »

Fergie might attend, if Andrew kicks up about it and wants her to, but I can't see it happening really. She's never been that close to Charles (she and Diana were good friends at one stage before there was a row about the borrowed shoes incident) and there's really no need for her to appear when she hasn't been present for family birthdays, Xmases etc for nearly twenty years.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2018, 05:06:45 am »

Charles is not a man to act in haste – it took him 30 years to marry Camilla – so he will have given his TV gamble much thought. But will it pay off, asks RICHARD KAY
He has shared his thoughts on faith, on duty and on his respect for tradition. But on kingship and the kind of monarch he sees himself as, he has largely been silent.
Now, with one eye on the future and from the comfortable position of almost reaching his 70th – his birthday is next Wednesday – he has chosen to deal with these vital issues for the first time.
Questioned in a BBC television documentary about those accusations and about his future role, his answers are both surprising and revealing.
The film also sheds an intriguing light on his relationship with his sons William and Harry, and on his grandchildren. ‘When he’s there he’s brilliant,’ says William pointedly. ‘But we need him there as much as possible.’ What emerges from this 60-minute documentary is the most compelling – and intimate – picture of the Prince of Wales since the controversial Jonathan Dimbleby programme almost a quarter of a century ago.
Then, with one penetrating aside, he says: ‘I think it’s vital to remember there’s only room for one sovereign at a time, not two. But the idea somehow that I’m going to go on exactly the same way, if I have to succeed, is complete nonsense.’
Here, in a handful of words we get to the heart of Prince Charles. On the one hand he is explaining why he has said nothing about his future role.
There is the deep respect and, yes, love, for his 92-year-old mother, and a refusal to take anything for granted. ‘If I have to succeed’ is a telling phrase in itself.
What this film seems to suggest is that, as the moment of his elevation to the crown grows closer, he is taking these symbolic positions of the monarch more seriously and more thoughtfully.
The relationship with his sons, which has been troubled, seems to have much improved. They are generous in their praise of their father – especially Harry, who talks of the workaholic prince falling asleep at his desk.
He mentions his gratitude to his father for walking Meghan down the aisle at his wedding in May. And in a nod to his American wife, not used to late dining, he suggests that in the future his father might eat dinner earlier in the evening.
This exercise is far more serious – and risky. Will his openness about how he will reign be believed? If he can succeed in persuading critics of that, then it will have been a gamble worth taking.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6364751/Charles-not-man-act-haste-TV-gamble-pay-asks-RICHARD-KAY.html
The filming of the doc started a year ago, around the time that heavy talk f Harry ready to pop the question to Meghan and playing up her being biracial. It seems to also be the time when there was discussion about if Charles would succeed from the queen the same role she has as head of the commonwealth. Having Harry appointed his job with the commonwealth to work mainly woth the younger generation and happen to be in a relationship with a biracial woman, that boltstered Charles image as an openminded and accepting man. IMO, this whole crap with Harry/Meghan benefited Charles.
This is a heavy pr push to have people see Charles in a different light.  IMO, it's overkill.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6364761/Prince-Charles-spend-time-grandchildren-says-Prince-William.html
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6362977/Prince-Charles-touches-Lagos-without-Camilla-completes-African-tour-alone.html

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:13:29 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2018, 05:39:43 am »

Charles has one heck of a lot of lead in his saddlebags as far as the general public in Britain is concerned. There's not just the way his marriage to Diana turned out but Camilla's part in it, his eccentricities and reputation for meddling, as was mentioned in the article.

It, and the book coming out, are certainly PR exercises on his behalf. Will they be able to turn around about thirty years of negativity? It will be interesting to see if his approval ratings, which have long lagged behind his mother's and his sons, will have improved next time a poll is taken.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2018, 08:21:59 am »

I find it funny that Will talks about Charles being there for the grandkids when it is supposed Charles dont see thrm much. I see it as Will blocking future comments about it from Charles in  the press.

Wait and Charles reads to Camz grandkids?! Hats off to William for this perfect move.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:40:08 am by Alexandrine » Logged

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2018, 01:54:51 pm »

Documentary Charles at 70: Prince, Son, Heir. Upload on YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UKtTsViKtW8
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2018, 08:49:44 pm »

Should I take one for the team and watch it and give a detailed analysis?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2018, 11:38:23 pm »

I'm no admirer of Charles or Camilla, (I'm a Dianaite from way back.) However, quite a large part of the documentary concentrates on Charles's hard work with the Princes Trust over the years and as such I found it very interesting.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2018, 01:55:52 am »

@JamieSamhan
New stamp with unseen photo of William, Charles, and Harry for Prince Charles' 70th birthday. #Charlesat70

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Drms5tGVsAApWno.jpg

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2018, 02:29:32 am »

I say go for it if you can stand it.  Cool
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2018, 02:56:29 am »

Fergie might attend, if Andrew kicks up about it and wants her to, but I can't see it happening really. She's never been that close to Charles (she and Diana were good friends at one stage before there was a row about the borrowed shoes incident) and there's really no need for her to appear when she hasn't been present for family birthdays, Xmases etc for nearly twenty years.

At the risk of being flamed, Fergie earned her exile from royal life a long time ago when she started committing adultery, started allegedly using drugs and abusing amphetamines, and got caught out messing around with her 'financial advisor' and then having the GALL to exploit her position as a member of the BRF. Then Fergie had the other nerve to blame everyone but herself for her constant mess ups and she had the nerve to get a lawyer and demand more money after being caught out selling out her husband (nearly thirty years AFTER she was officially divorced) and  still uses her daughters for invites and access to clubs.

No one owes Fergie anything and no one ever did; she was freeloading when she was single and freeloading while married and freeloading while divorced.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2018, 03:02:07 am »

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will miss Prince Charles’s 70th birthday to visit a homeless charity
William and Kate will visit Centrepoint, one of Princess Diana’s charities, in Rotherham, South Yorkshire, on Wednesday, said the Sun.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6374061/Duke-Duchess-Cambridge-miss-Prince-Charless-70th-birthday-visit-homeless-charity.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
sanka
royal watcher

« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2018, 03:20:06 am »

Pictures released in honor of the occasion. They're quite stunning, imo. I'm not a fan of Camilla, but she seems like a good partner to Charles at this time.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/f5aa3457bb023faf1bc03b15d287f615/tumblr_ot9cp5mMvJ1rw9qmlo1_1280.jpg
https://66.media.tumblr.com/0942ae5f1100dbd983b89ee2e635936f/tumblr_ot9cp5mMvJ1rw9qmlo2_1280.jpg

Lovely photos of them both. They do always look good together.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2018, 03:35:29 am »

^^^Better thee than me, KF, and Lord love ya for doing it. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2018, 03:51:43 am »

I say go for it if you can stand it.  Cool

I'm game! Just let me get some snackies together and prep myself and I'll watch it, giving you all the low down and have fun sending quotes (I'll look up the interview on Google and go through it for the sake of providing more details) and it will be interesting to watch given how my perspective of him has changed considerably.

india
Princess

« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2018, 01:27:38 pm »

The Rottweiller makes him happy.......let him have her.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: