Royal Gossip
November 16, 2018, 06:10:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles' 70 Birthday Thread ( All topics)  (Read 3759 times)
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2018, 08:29:42 pm »

Why did Chuck rush to marry a teenager he only had 12 dates with? Call me idealistic but I think he did that because he was head over heels in love and did not see the danger signs. If he complains NOW that's on him. He was 32 and should have been the wiser one. Postphone the wedding or even call it off. Whining now IMO is a way to get on ugly frustrated Campon's good side. He should be honest and say he was too immature to marry anyone at that point. Marriage consists of more then just being in love. That's just the start. Chuck and Di both took great risk by marrying so soon. Maybe Chuck saw Di's stress and insecurity just before they married and that what he's whining about now like it was some kind of omen. That way he absolutes himself from the failed marriage by not taking responsibility. It IMO was Chuck's responsibility to take proper care of Diana but Campon made sure that never happened.
if he was in love with diana why he took diana to camilla's home? and when phoned diana talked about camilla having a tough time with the press and never showed worried about papz that diana was dealing with? he never took kanga, janet jenkings or eva o'neill (mother-in-law of Princess Madeleine, whom he had affair in late 1980s) to camilla's home. Janet Jenkings said she slept with Charles in 1970s, 1983 and then 1991 he never mentioned Camilla let alone took her to Camilla's home because he liked her approval X-Mas_rolleyes

Without Philip's letter, Camilla saying Diana was the perfect mouse to them and the press pressuring him to get marriad he'll never have proposed to Diana
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 08:34:27 pm by dianab » Logged
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2018, 08:57:40 pm »

If I recall correctly, Charles wasn't in love with Diana.  He married her because Philip and his granny pressured him into it.

I haven't played since I stopped
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2018, 09:04:59 pm »

Yes. But it was Philip. Granny never pressured him about anything just didnt want any divorced person in the family
sandy
Princess

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2018, 10:53:59 pm »

It was reported that the Queen Mum spoke to Charles about Diana and how she was a good prospect.

Charles though is the one responsible for this choice. NObody else. He was not wimpy when he decided to bash his parents by his biographer, Dimbleby. Odd that he was not intimidated by his father to bash him so the whole world will know how he feels.

I think he wanted to have heirs to succeed him and thought Diana would be so happy he married her she'd put up with Camilla and accept her as "their friend." ALl civilized.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2018, 11:19:29 pm »

Is this in the book?  Has anyone read it?  Are we on topic or is this just another P.C./Camilla bashing thread? 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2018, 02:03:36 pm »

Charles' agony: 'I desperately wanted to get out of the wedding when I discovered how awful the prospects were'
By Robert Jobson for The Daily Mail

But in fact, as we were to learn years later when Diana secretly co-operated with a book about her life, just a few weeks before she walked up the aisle she was having second thoughts.

'Well, bad luck, Duch,' her sisters said, using her childhood nickname. 'Your face is on the tea towels, so you're too late to chicken out.'

What we haven't known until now is what Prince Charles himself was feeling.

And the sad truth, I can reveal, is that he already knew that the marriage was doomed.

It hadn't taken him long — just a few meetings with Diana — to realise that they were totally incompatible.

Okay.  Charles is re-writing history here.  Diana has famously said that SHE wanted to back out of the wedding.  Charles however simply needed a bride to bear heirs.  He knew he could not marry Camilla and that she would remain in his life, but he needed a wife.  He didn't care about love or compatibility. 

During the weeks leading up to the wedding, he told friends, he would try to talk to her about his work commitments and what kind of day he'd just had — and Diana would stare back at him blankly.

She seemed incapable of grasping the intellectual thread of what he was saying.

This is a bunch of bullhockey.  Diana had a strong work ethic.  She did in school, she did after school when she worked as a teacher's aide and a nanny and cleaned her sister's flat.  Diana would not have "stared blankly" at Charles talking about his work.  However, if he was whining about how hard he had it and poor little him, then she may have stared blankly at a grown man behaving like a child.

Then for no apparent reason, he recalled, she'd suddenly well up and burst into tears.

A sympathetic man, Charles was at a total loss. Why was Diana so upset? Had he said something wrong?

Perhaps, Charles' young fiancee was upset that he was not behaving like a boyfriend -- he was treating her dismissively and not courting her.  Yes, Charles, perhaps that was the problem and why your fiancee was so disappointed and hurt.
Then there were alarming and irrational mood swings and temper, which the Prince found impossible to deal with.

Because, certainly, Charles himself is never moody or demanding or loses his temper, hey?  Or Phillip or Anne or Andrew.  No, Diana's moods were something he had never experienced before from other people in his life.   bored3

The more he saw of his volatile fiancee, the more Charles knew in his heart that he'd made a terrible mistake.

Give it up, Charles.  Diana was beloved.  You are tolerated.  You've had numerous books written to "Tell Your Side Of The Story" and it doesn't change this.  Let it go.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2018, 02:28:54 pm »

I agree. Diana was very interested in work and appearances. She particularly enjoyed going on tours, walkabouts and charitable work. She never would stare blankly at Charles. Charles is rather petty in his "version" of what happened. She said she and Charles were a "good team" when out working. Good thing Diana had her side out before she died. It is just nasty of Charles to put down Diana that way. Jephson witnessed one of the put downs. Charles is not doing a good thing by authorizing the Poor Charles books. It makes him look like a heel and petty too.
india
Princess

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2018, 02:34:13 pm »

The book doesn't make him look like a heel and petty. He IS a heel and IS very petty.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2018, 02:56:07 pm »

Yes that is correct! I totally agree.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2018, 02:56:36 pm »

We will just have to wait and see how this book sells, if it does. I don't know how Jobson tackles the Camilla thing because I haven't read anything about that but it appears to be that Jobson is painting Diana as Diana the Difficult and Diana the Airhead. Everything that is angry or aggressive in William or Harry has been inherited from Diana according to Jobson. That doesn't really jib with Charles, a man known to berate aides and tear a wash basin from a wall because his cuff links had gone down the plug hole.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2018, 03:33:30 pm »

You know, THIS is the reason no woman wanted to marry Harry or William; no decent woman that is. Anyone who gets mixed up in that family seems to end up wanting to get out and as always, the person leaving (usually for their mental health and sometimes physical safety) is demonized relentlessly. Diana left because of her husband's infidelity and possible abuse; Fergie left mainly since Andrew was ignoring her in favor of golf or the military; Captain Mark Philips was adulterous, but any man married to Princess Anne would seek safety in someone who is actually feminine and non-abrasive and the rest left to get their lives back.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2018, 03:50:00 pm »

These self pitying books Charles authorizes should disqualify him from being King. His shoddy treatment of Diana did indeed IMO discourage aristos from marrying into that family. Charles does let slip some of his flaws by not taking any responsibility for his own actions in his obvious spin efforts about himself and constantly blaming others and his arrogance shows. There are plenty of stories to counter the spin Charles wants about himself. These do not totally disappear. I think the book will be like the others, judging from the excerpts, the poor put upon misunderstood Charles.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2018, 02:39:05 pm »

Well, one thing is for sure.  He’s not the first royal to have a self pitying book written ...... ‘if’ that’s what the book is.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2018, 05:14:03 pm »

Hope we see lots of royals. Confirmed crown princes of Denmark.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2018, 10:39:01 pm »

It seems though that most all of the books written about Chucky ARE self pitying.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2018, 10:39:59 pm »

That should be interesting. Mary and Chucky's two d-i-l all jockeying for the camera.  tehe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2018, 10:44:32 pm »

I've seen his interviews and much self pity is expressed. I think he's the biggest grievance collector of them all.
india
Princess

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2018, 01:58:11 am »

He certainly hasn't set a good example for his sons.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2018, 05:00:48 pm »

The UK is still living in austerity (despite what the government says), schools are underfunded, hospitals are having to turn people away, more and more people are living in poverty, and yet we are expected to bow and scrape to the UK's biggest benefit scroungers as they drink £200 bottles of champagne like water in their houses funded by taxpayers. Disgusting.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2018, 10:52:59 pm »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7644692/prince-william-harry-publicity-competition-prince-charles/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6331041/Prince-Charles-castigated-Blair-Bushs-poodle.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/7611889/camilla-smuggled-palace-night-before-charles-wedding-princess-diana/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6327177/Publicity-hungry-Prince-Harry-gazumped-father-Charles-present-Radio-4s-Today-show.html
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 10:59:52 pm by dianab » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: