Royal Gossip
March 20, 2019, 01:50:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghan's patronages  (Read 3196 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2019, 05:58:23 pm »

I don't think she deliberately hurt the dogs.

One of my relatives had to put her dogs in quarantine at an airport because they were not allowed into the country. The dogs are OK now though.

It is clear she graduated Uni because no way would Northwestern lie about someone completing a degree if she did not finish the credits. It would be easily discovered, and Northwestern would be in deep trouble and the person that allowed it fired plus the President and Board of Directors would be ousted.. I know people working for Universities and they cannot lie about someone or crediting them with getting a degree when they did not complete credits. In any case, it is not rare for people to get degrees now so it's  not as if she was a handful of people to earn a degree. Northwestern is not some rinky dink unaccredited college. It is a prestigious institution. Ted Kennedy had someone take a test for him at Harvard and he was caught even though he was "one of the Kennedys." If she said she had the degree and didn't, the University would loudly and definitively say she did not finish. It is something that would be easily discovered and would be a blemish on Northwestern's credibility if they had some sort of a cover up about her. She is listed as a graduate/alumna.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 06:05:29 pm by sandy » Logged
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2019, 07:53:43 pm »

https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/181902823043/damn-love-it

Supposedly, people are leaving remarks on KP site saying that they’re giving up membership to the NT because of Meghan being a patron. I’ve not seen screenshots to see if it’s true but it’s very believable.

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2019, 08:03:06 pm »

I don't think they will "fire" Meghan. It's only ceremonial anyway she's not hired as an actress. There seems to be some confusion in some of the DM comments that she's expected to perform Shakespeare or something.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2019, 08:35:25 pm »

I'm shaking my head in disbelief about NT. Is brf so easily bullied into doing her bidding? And, how is she making it happen for her?
sandy
Princess

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2019, 08:38:34 pm »

I honestly don't think Meghan has all that power. Charles is probably calling the shots since he supports his sons and daughters in law with Duchy money and wants them to work. Meghan could not just step up and announce that she's doing this patronage. Never would happen.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2019, 08:42:05 pm »

^^ Don't worry. . . it won't be for long. . . .  loveshower
sandy
Princess

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2019, 08:50:59 pm »

I doubt she will be fired. I don't think DM petitioners are a huge block. I think it's better than her sitting home like Kate does. Unless they want two shirkers in the family?
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2019, 11:26:59 pm »

https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/181902823043/damn-love-it

Supposedly, people are leaving remarks on KP site saying that they’re giving up membership to the NT because of Meghan being a patron. I’ve not seen screenshots to see if it’s true but it’s very believable.

I don’t know either if it’s true or not but I don’t think enough thought was put into this particular patronage.  She’s not even a UK citizen yet, has not been in the BRF for even a year, nobody has had a chance to get used to her and she has no street cred with anyone.  With an org like the NT it’s very very personal and heavily subsidized, making it more visceral to people.  I would venture to guess that a high percentage of taxpayers donate.

I’d yank my membership and it’s not because I am deeply underwhelmed with Sparkles.  I would question the wisdom of its Advancement or Development leadership quite seriously and up to the point of contacting them personally about their fiscal image.  It feels like this was bestowed to make her happy, not because she’s qualified and I am soooo over that attitude in nonprofits.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2019, 11:43:46 pm »

Royals sponsor patronages but that certainly does not make them as good as those in sports or in the arts or in social services. Supposedly they call attention to these patronages and are not "experts" or proficient. The spotlight is really on the artists or social workers or sports people, depending on the patronages. Senior royals reward those noted individuals by giving knighthoods and honors.

CItizen or not Meghan is now a royal family member and not in any holding pattern. The citizenship issue will be resolved but it does not prevent Meghan from doing royal work. 

The reasons for her getting this are not known. The QUeen would have had to give her approval. I think it's perfectly harmless and I see nothing sinister about the whole thing. How does one qualify for these patronages? They don't have to dance, paint, act on stage, play tennis, and so on. They are royals given patronages and it would be quite rare for a royal to play tennis like Wimbledon champs or dance the lead in Swan Lake. It's ceremonial.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2019, 03:35:50 am »

https://66.media.tumblr.com/4e08d259f7707231cf9f0f8e3d1b93c8/tumblr_pl429erAHY1xpn99lo1_500.gif
Source: https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com
I'm curious to see how the recipiants of these organizations that she became a paton of feel about the decision. I can't imagine the actors are pleased and the animal one must be curous about what happened to the dog that broke both of his legs. I imagine that each and every one of them havw received some complaints about the choice.

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2019, 11:27:04 am »

Actors and actresses or some get thrills at being with the royals some may not care as long as they feel the royals will give them honors down the road.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2019, 01:24:30 pm »

I don't think she deliberately hurt the dogs.

One of my relatives had to put her dogs in quarantine at an airport because they were not allowed into the country. The dogs are OK now though.

It is clear she graduated Uni because no way would Northwestern lie about someone completing a degree if she did not finish the credits. It would be easily discovered, and Northwestern would be in deep trouble and the person that allowed it fired plus the President and Board of Directors would be ousted.. I know people working for Universities and they cannot lie about someone or crediting them with getting a degree when they did not complete credits. In any case, it is not rare for people to get degrees now so it's  not as if she was a handful of people to earn a degree. Northwestern is not some rinky dink unaccredited college. It is a prestigious institution. Ted Kennedy had someone take a test for him at Harvard and he was caught even though he was "one of the Kennedys." If she said she had the degree and didn't, the University would loudly and definitively say she did not finish. It is something that would be easily discovered and would be a blemish on Northwestern's credibility if they had some sort of a cover up about her. She is listed as a graduate/alumna.
she's listed after becoming a duchess....
BTW her latest women charity appeared somewhat shallow....
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2019, 01:41:54 pm »

^

I agree - the charities may be authentic and well-meaning and all, and that is great, but MeAgain doesn't care. It's just something else to use to showcase herself.

Didn't she humble brag about privately visiting the place for about a year? Nothing says true charity than making it about yourself.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2019, 01:46:48 pm »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6577779/Meghan-Markle-wears-PVC-lined-Gianvito-Rossi-heels-charity.html#comments

No disrespect to this charity... but i bet Princess Michael of Kent, the Duchess of Kent and Princess Alexandra had/ve more serious charities than that!

Meghan makes Sarah F looks like a act of class and a deep woman... for all her faults she's been always genuine, caring and warm
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 01:48:57 pm by dianab » Logged
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2019, 02:01:14 pm »

The four charities announced yesterday are the first patronages for Meghan. More, of varying seriousness and gravity, will be added in the years to come. The CEO of Smart Works has spoken movingly of the confidence being dressed for interviews, being coached in interview techniques etc, gives women who wish to re-enter the workforce. This organisation is about a lot more than clothing. I think it is a marvellous and important endeavour, and has been successful in its aims.

Princess Michael of Kent has never been a working member of the BRF, though she and Prince Michael have performed a scattering of Royal engagements over the years. Princess Michael has never been appointed to patronages within the Royal family.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2019, 06:43:54 pm »

Maybe her next patronage will be Soho House as she’s a natural for that place too having been such a regular and familiar member there.
Overnight, her association with the NT has devalued the organization. Then again, it’ll help that play that they’re putting on regarding race.  bored3
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/181928189753/so-many-happy-people-at-national-theatres-ig-and

https://harrymarkle.wordpress.com/2019/01/10/how-the-reputation-of-the-national-theatre-was-destroyed-overnight-by-a-markle/

https://ladygreyhound93.tumblr.com/post/181923360920/meghan-didnt-chose-them-the-queen-gave-it-to

Keep Calm and Carry On
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2019, 07:59:51 pm »

^ You have to wonder if the NT was asked to do this temporarily as a favor to the Queen.  Megs will be eaten alive by the real actors.  She will *despise* it, and it will be one of the many things hastening her departure from the UK and the RF. 
sandy
Princess

« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2019, 09:07:32 pm »

She is not going to compete with real actors nor is expected to. The patronage will involve occasional appearances at receptions and won't be thrust on the stage to play Ophelia in Hamlet.  I don't know why she would be "eaten alive" if she merely has to do meet and greet and small talk at a reception and sit in an audience watching the performances. I don't see her leaving the UK anytime soon. Charles was a patron of the operas and nobody expected to sing the big aria from Pagliacci. Just meet and greet.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2019, 09:32:45 pm »

^Huge difference between Charles, the son of the reigning queen and this nobody from nowhere.  She has no muscle for this gig.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2019, 09:35:38 pm »

She's Charles' daughter in law and these actors will not want to displease Charles IMO. I don't think they will be nasty to Meghan. My point is that Charles did not have to know how to sing opera to be a patron and Meghan does not have to know how to play Shakespearean characters to be a patron. It's not as if she up and did this on her own. Charles and the Queen had to give their approval. It is relatively harmless just occasional receptions and appearances at plays. Nothing earth shattering. She would have to learn the art of "small talk" at parties.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: