Royal Gossip
January 22, 2019, 07:03:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghan's patronages  (Read 2509 times)
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2019, 10:38:03 am »

That's a good selection to start off with. Of course more will be added in future years, including probably more that the Queen will be handing on to the younger family members. The Association of Commonwealth Universities is a good one to fit in on future tours and with Harry's Commonwealth Youth Ambassadorship.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2019, 12:29:48 pm »

Meghan shows how to dress to impress! Duchess of Sussex gives fashion tips as she returns to charity for vulnerable women on day she's made patron along with three other causes including National Theatre
* 37-year-old Meghan visits Smart Works at St Charles Hospital in North Kensington, West London
* The charity provides high-quality interview clothes and training to unemployed women in need
* Queen passes over patronages of National Theatre and Association of Commonwealth Universities
* Kensington Palace reveals which organisations Duchess wishes to champion as part of public work  
Meghan, 37, arrived this morning at Smart Works, based at St Charles Hospital in North Kensington, West London, which provides high-quality interview clothes and training to unemployed women in need.
The Duchess has privately visited Smart Works several times over the last year and worked with some of the women who have benefited from the charity's support, Kensington Palace revealed.
She told the group, which included two former clients: 'I'm so happy to be here. You guys know I've been quietly coming by... close to a year. It's nice to be able to now do it publicly and really talk about the work that you do.'
Kensington Palace announced today that Meghan has also taken on honorary roles with the National Theatre and Association of Commonwealth Universities - patronages both previously held by the Queen.
Meghan's appointment at the National Theatre had been widely expected after she met privately with the theatre's director Rufus Norris, but Kensington Palace had remained tight-lipped until 9am today.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6576589/Meghan-patron-National-Theatre.html
All the crap that this c list actress has brought to the royal family and she gets patronage’s with the NT and Commonwealth Universities and probably Smart Works. The NT is an honorary role, so i’m not sure if that’s the same as a patronage.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:34:40 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2019, 12:44:15 pm »

Patronages are honorary roles. They aren't paid positions. The Queen has handed over two longstanding patronages this time, but there will probably be several more to follow in the next couple of years. I think there has been signalling from BP for some time that the Queen will be continuing to shed a number of her many patronages and the younger royals will be taking some of them on. As I said before IMO it's a good mix for Meghan IMO.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2019, 12:57:03 pm »

I see no difference with Kate, Sophie or even Bea or Eugenie. It is not like they did nothing to get the patronages. Just be born or marry into a family.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2019, 01:10:21 pm »

The picks are all her
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 01:13:11 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2019, 01:12:18 pm »

^Some of these women aren't known to be opportunistic gold-diggers and nasty excuses for human beings. Plus, they are at least British - why should some foreign grifter like MeAgain get patronages? What does she know about British theatre? She probably has to look the concept up on wikipedia.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2019, 01:27:18 pm »

What does she know about theater or good acting for that matter?

IMO the British Theater patronage is to one up Cressida who did have a cameo performance on stage with A list actors. Something that M came close to only for 10 seconds on the Bad bosses set.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2019, 01:47:57 pm »

I appreciate performers and Shakespeare. It does not require acting talent or to have a PhD in LIterature to appreciate drama and plays. Meg does not have to be a Helen Mirren nor a Shakespeare professorIt is a royal patronage and none of them have to get on the stage and perform. It is ceremonial.

Cressida is not equipped to perform Shakespeare either, she goes in for modern plays and Grade Z horror movies. She played a dog on stage.

Why on earth would Meghan want to "one up" Cressida? Cressida is a separate entity and has her own life now. Meghan is expected to get various patronages from the family she married into.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 01:51:13 pm by sandy » Logged
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2019, 03:30:05 pm »

^I appreciate good theatre and having studied acting for many years, hope to get back into the mix.

These patronages don't make sense. Theatre, women, and animals - gee, what else has this grifter make a joke of?  nervous
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2019, 03:36:57 pm »

The Duchess of Sussex announces Patronages

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex will become Patron of four organisations that reflect the causes and issues with which she has long been associated including the arts, access to education, support for women and animal welfare.
https://www.royal.uk/duchess-sussex-announces-patronages
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2019, 03:38:35 pm »

^ bored3

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2019, 03:56:19 pm »

Better than letting Edward have the patronage after his Royal Knockout Debacle
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2019, 04:37:53 pm »

I dont like Edward but at least he tried something different. Meghan wasnt an awesome actress anyway marrying Harry would be the only path she gets to reach the National Theatre.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2019, 04:41:08 pm »

^ bored3

I am sure underprivileged women who didn't use and discard men like snotty kleenex, abandoned animals, and acting thespians are just thrilled.  wopedo
sandy
Princess

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2019, 04:46:03 pm »

I dont like Edward but at least he tried something different. Meghan wasnt an awesome actress anyway marrying Harry would be the only path she gets to reach the National Theatre.

It's just for ceremonial purposes in any case. The ones who are patronages of sports are not on a par with professional players so it's the same idea with acting patronages.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2019, 04:49:32 pm »

Yeah well so edward deserved the role the same as Meghan.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2019, 04:56:22 pm »

I think Charles wants to showcase his "scaled down" monarchy and he and Edward don't get along. Charles himself did some acting at University, there is a picture of him playing a "dustman." I think if he wanted this patronage, he would have taken it himself.

https://www.google.com/search?q=charles+playing+a+dustman+at+university+prince&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjP3eO01-PfAhVGmeAKHY-NBRUQ_AUIECgD&biw=1280&bih=864#imgrc=xJTzw6484F94NM:
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2019, 04:59:28 pm »

^^That's a good point.  The whole setup doesn't garner much gravitas anymore. 

On the flip side, she will attract celebrities eager for any media coverage.  Hope they write checks, too. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2019, 05:20:35 pm »

^ cheques. easter-wink  flirt

Sorry  easter-James

Think Charles' spoiling of his worthless offspring is off the rails now - no sense of what a bad move this was.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2019, 05:46:18 pm »

These patronage’s will get her more criticism. She abandoned one dog and the other one she claims to have brought to London broke his two legs and we’ve heard nothing about the dog since. She wears ultra expensive designer clothes only once on the most part and and looks disheveled and she’s now going to help style underprivileged women with high street clothes. She’s only had bit part sexual themed roles as the hot girl and simple acting roles in low budget movies. It’s still not clear if she graduated uni and she lied that she alone funded her education. Now maybe the fun will begin in that she can’t complain about anything as she herself has caused the criticism by her own actions.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: