Royal Gossip
March 27, 2019, 03:23:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry and Meghan Are Expecting  (Read 33958 times)
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #360 on: November 17, 2018, 05:19:20 pm »

She won't care if she "insults" Wasty's kids. I agree, she's going to go full out media blowout on this one and she has shown she doesn't care which RF member she insults, or steps over. She's a classic user and she'll use this kid big time, too. She has tarnished the reputation of the RF big time, probably beyond repair. I won't go into the integracies of the damage done, that's for another section.

Thanks a lot, Harry. Thanks a lot.  bored3
Albany
Baroness

« Reply #361 on: November 17, 2018, 07:56:51 pm »

Does anyone know what the original Rebecca English tweet in the thread was in reference to?

"Off with their heads!" -The Queen of Hearts
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #362 on: November 17, 2018, 11:54:02 pm »

She’s now due in May and security will be stepped up over the next months.  wopedo
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/180218040883/emsi247-good-god-shes-more-deluded-and

^ they’re just talking about when the baby’s born and how Meghan will do the same as Kate’s appearance on the steps of the hospital all dolled up as she’s holding her newborn. Chris Ship’s being sarcastic, IMO.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 11:58:21 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #363 on: November 17, 2018, 11:59:43 pm »

Just three months pregnant so there was absolutely no need to announce while on tour...and what was up then with the 6 month looking tummy and the over arching?  easter-lol

Two serpents fight one another. I bask in the glow of the conflict.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #364 on: November 18, 2018, 12:16:10 am »

Fergie who married a second son did get the photo ops after leaving the hospital. I think Meghan will get this as well.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #365 on: November 18, 2018, 12:21:48 am »

^^Yeah, but we don't know what date the baby is due. It was announced that Meghan had had the twelve week scan before the tour which began on October 16th but we don't know when that scan was taken. The baby will be born in the Spring, is all we know, which could mean any date in March, April, very early May. I don't think it will be as late as a May birth, but at any rate even at four months gestation the foetus is the size of a lime so there wouldn't be anything showing for some time anyway. Meghan's not been wearing maternity clothing.

Chris Ship knows no more than anyone else about when the Sussex baby will be born, and I don't think a bodyguard for Michael Jackson knows zip about what security measures the royals have.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 12:28:20 am by Rosella » Logged
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #366 on: November 18, 2018, 01:00:50 am »

Yeah, H and MeAgain are unsure to use the Queen's true or public birthday to crash with the birth of Second Coming of Diana.  bored3

I'm cynical and jaded.  wopedo
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #367 on: November 18, 2018, 02:12:13 am »

Of course there will be the photos on the steps of the Lindo Wing. The first baby were saw there was Peter Philips when Anne gave birth in 1977. We also saw Anne there again with Zara and then Diana with both William and Harry and Sarah with both Beatrice and Eugenie. I suspect that we were supposed to see Sophie there with Louise and then James but when Louise was born early and all the troubles they didn't have that opportunity and went again to the NHS for James so we didn't see Sophie there.

I do think some people think only Diana did the steps of the Lindo Wing when she wasn't the first or last before Kate.

Meghan will do the same thing regardless of whether the child will be born royal or not. The child will be the grandchild of a monarch, in time.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #368 on: November 18, 2018, 12:10:02 pm »

I think the child will have a title, like Lady Anne Sussex or something to that effect. Edward's children do have titles.
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #369 on: November 18, 2018, 06:25:21 pm »

But Edward's children are truly English.  easter-James
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #370 on: November 18, 2018, 07:38:35 pm »

^ Hehe.

^^ It will, for sure and if it's up to Meggy, she'll demand a prince or a princess title. Just like with the Yorkies.

^^^ Sorry for the stupid question but how can a baby from royal parents be born not royal? To me this makes no sense.

@windsor2, I find it very interesting how the term is moved from mid March, to beginning of April to now May. Problem is, pregnancies don't work this way. It's a 9 month job and that's it. From March till May is a whole new trimester.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #371 on: November 18, 2018, 10:08:30 pm »

But Edward's children are truly English.  easter-James

None of them are really Truly English. Lots of German blood in their veins. Several crosses of George III and Hanoverians.
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #372 on: November 18, 2018, 10:37:53 pm »

I think the Queen should allow Harry's kids to be titled Prince/Princesses since his dad will be King, and ya know Harry will throw a tantrum if he can't have those titles for his kids like his competition, ahem, his brother William.  eating cookies
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #373 on: November 18, 2018, 11:34:24 pm »

Harry's children will eventually become Prince/Princess unless there is a statement from the monarch stripping them of that right as happened with Edward's children when the Queen's Will was used to state they would be known as the children of an Earl rather than Prince/Princess as was their right under the 1917 Letters Patent.

Andrew did NOT insist on his children being Prince/Princesses. They were that under the same rules that saw the current Queen born HRH Princess Elzabeth - the elder daughter of the second son of the monarch or Princess Alexandra - whose father was the fourth son of a monarch (already deceased when she was born).

Under those 1917 rules Harry's children won't be HRHs until Charles is King when it would be automatic. The Queen would have to do what she did in 2012 when she extended HRH to all of William's children, not just the eldest son as would have been the case under the 1917 Letters Patent.

Whatever happens Harry's children will have titles - either Lord/Lady xxxx Mountbatten-Windsor (with the eldest son being known as Earl of Dumbarton) or HRH Prince/Princess of Sussex.

IF the oft repeated rumour based on a throw-away line from a staff member who heard a suggestion at the Way Ahead meeting in 1992 that Charles wants a 'smaller' royal family is correct then he needs to start with his own grandchildren and stop Harry's children from being HRH's and then issue LPs limiting HRH to the children of the heir apparent only. As things currently stand Charlotte's children won't be royal but Louis's will be even though Charlotte and her line will be higher in the line of succession as only male line grandchildren are HRH not female line grandchildren (George VI had to deal with that rule in 1948 or Charles would have been born as Lord Charles Mountbatten, Earl of Merioneth even as the future King).

I suspect that the intention is for LPs similar to those I have suggested will be issued when the Gloucester's and Kent's have retired/passed away so as not to strip them of those titles and in the meantime statements like that from 1999 will be issued covering children born to younger sons.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #374 on: November 18, 2018, 11:40:52 pm »

CHarles is not King yet. The Queen may want Harry's children to have the HRH and be Prince/Princesses like Prince Andrew's are.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #375 on: November 18, 2018, 11:52:50 pm »

I’m not sure what the law is, and can’t find it, whereby a US citizen gives birth on foreign soil and the spouse is not a US citizen.  I know the child is automatically a US citizen but not sure about UK status.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #376 on: November 19, 2018, 12:01:52 am »

I am not sure of the rules. It probably would be dual citizenship.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #377 on: November 19, 2018, 12:07:39 am »

^I know.  That’s what I would expect.  Either way, until the child renounces their US status, they will be subjected to all perks and responsibilities of a US citizen, ie, their income will be followed by our friends at the IRS.  It would be wise to think that through very carefully.  Until the child is 18, Sparkles will be responsible as its US guardian for any monies, gifts, land, etc that the child receives. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #378 on: November 19, 2018, 01:21:28 am »

^And if Sparkles thinks she and her sprogs are going to clean up with UK loot, she has another thing coming.  snob
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #379 on: November 19, 2018, 05:34:03 am »

The child will not have automatic US citizenship. Megan has lived abroad more than she has lived in US and just like the midterms her rights may have become limited with the absenteeism. With Angelina Jolie who gave birth in France was different. When both parents are US citizens the child gets automatic citizenship even if it's not born in US.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 05:42:36 am by Ariel » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: