Royal Gossip
October 20, 2018, 10:47:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank Wedding Thread  (Read 3608 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« on: October 11, 2018, 10:30:00 pm »

Will open tomorrow.  YM

Open.  Enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 02:43:23 am by YooperModerator » Logged

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 03:52:23 am »

I call it now. Her dress will be fitted, full of symbolism, especially Yorkshire white roses. It will be amazing. To be fair, her mum had the best wedding dress of all the royal brides in the last couple of hundred years. It was well made, well tailored, full of the afore mentioned symbolism, totally fitted the time and the occasion, and looked fantastic.
Val
Princess

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 05:23:03 am »

So many negative comments about the family in general on social media.  One commenter on the DM even saying that PA is a known child m0lester.   I was surprised they printed that.
Bella
Baroness

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 08:08:40 am »

will the wedding be seen in the US & what time? Thnx
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 08:47:52 am »

You can see it on youtube on the brf channel. Time is in 1 hour.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 09:43:13 am »

Not the best day to marry it seems

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 09:49:15 am »

Eugenie has invited the hannover family

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 11:06:35 am »

Eugenie looka beautiful

marion
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 11:12:24 am »

She certainly does. This is how a royal wedding is done and unlike the last two this girl is marrying for love.
sanka
royal watcher

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 11:26:56 am »

Eugenie does look lovely. the dress is very nice. I was surprised with no veil but would be interested to know about the tiara as that stands out more than a veil.

Not sure if it is me but the way Jack and Eugenie look at each other shows a lot more between them than some of the others.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 11:31:14 am »

I believe it is the Greville Emerald Kokoshnik tiara which was left to the Queen Mum. It is on loan from the Queen as her 'something borrowed'.

marion
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 11:34:57 am »

@Sanka it's not just you. You can just feel the love there.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2018, 12:07:15 pm »

Gown is good as is the neckline, the dress looks a bit big for her. THe tiara is nice. Louise's attendants dress was too short especially in the weather. Kate's dress was her usual style. Meghan did better on her choice of dress and it fit well. Fascinators the choice of the day
Little light
Countess

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2018, 12:49:09 pm »

I'm glad Philip was there, even though he seems to find her mum odious. (There was talk he wouldn't attend because of her).

After all, it is his granddaughter getting married and that should override his feeling for Fergie. Good call DoE.
And it was understated and classy unlike the tack fest of the Markles.
sanka
royal watcher

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2018, 12:55:58 pm »

It was a very good call for the DOE to be there but I expect that as a grandfather he wanted to be there for his granddaughter.

I found this wedding very enjoyable rather than a Hollywood red carpet. The layout of the chairs in St Georges Chapel showed this was an inclusive wedding rather than accommodating as many celebs as possible.

@Marion thank you.

The commentary indicates the embroidery on the dress has significance of various flowers and symbols. Dressmaker/s were very talented the way it all blended to make the dress lovely.
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2018, 01:03:14 pm »

I don't think he was ever not going to be there. I think the media was just kicking up dust.

Eugenie did look very nice. I like her gown.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2018, 01:54:02 pm »

i find her dress beautuful as was kate's dress. meghan gown was hang on at her,most boring & unfitted dress award goes to meghan. charlene of monaco had a much better dress at that style. fergie was lovely - as i've always thought she will be. no celebrities who'd no clue who were the bride but invited by her case again. fergie did well. of course as bride as groom had their families there and no mother looking lost & alone with nobody there for her. for the life of me i Dont get meghan, why a dark colour  AT A WEDDING?huhhuhhuhhuh?

Her choice of no veil, makes certain lady appears even more ridiculous and narcissistic.

i got NO fake vibes of this couple thumbsup
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 02:01:37 pm by dianab » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2018, 02:23:31 pm »

Beautiful dress and bride.  I, too, felt nothing but genuine vibes throughout.  Very sweet and endearing couple. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Demeter
courtier

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2018, 02:27:45 pm »

I wasn't expecting to love her dress as much as I do. I think it's amazing and suits her so well. The tiara wasn't the one I expected she'd choose, but I'm so glad she did. It works well, and the whole wedding felt genuine. Her happiness radiated.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2018, 02:33:15 pm »

The low back and no veil was so that Eugenie's scar from her back surgery would be visible.  She was paying tribute to the doctors/care that she received for her scoliosis. 

She was lovely, and -- most importantly -- a radiant, happy, in love bride.   loveshower
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: