Royal Gossip
March 24, 2019, 01:57:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V&A Photography Center 10th October  (Read 941 times)
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« on: October 10, 2018, 09:08:43 pm »

Back to her best! Duchess of Cambridge stuns in an edgy Erdem number to open a new photography centre at the V&A – two days before George and Charlotte's starring role in the second royal wedding of the year

Duchess of Cambridge is completing her first official engagement as patron of Victoria & Albert Museum

She was named as royal patron of the historic London museum in March, before welcoming Prince Louis

Kate returned to royal duties last week, five months after welcoming her third child with husband William

A keen amateur photographer, Kate will be given a tour of the opening display at the photography centre

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6260869/Kate-Middleton-opens-V-photography-centre.html

Love the dress. She’s extremely thin for a woman who’s supposed to be a mother of 3 kids from her body, IMO. Look how she’s all alive and happy at an event where it’s fun and she’s basically the centre of attention.
Comments are sickening with how great she looks, welcoming her back and this is how royalty’s supposed to look.  bored3
After Eugenie’s wedding, I don’t think she’ll be seen again doing “work” until next year.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Demeter
courtier

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 09:44:25 pm »

For me, the dress has lots of elements that I generally like, but I don't think it came together quite in the way I would want. There's just something about the cut and the fabric that doesn't gel for me. I don't tend to gravitate towards Erdem, though.

She must have those same shoes in every color.
livylivy
Countess

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 10:31:55 pm »

^ I agree, there' s something in the cut that I dislike, maybe it' s a bit too much, flower buttons, tweed asymmetrical cut.

But it' s not boring and it's not bad at all  flower  she looksgood thumbsup
Demeter
courtier

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 10:50:46 pm »

^ I think you're right. It may be an issue of too much going on with the dress. I do like the pops of aubergine or wine. I can't quite tell the shade.
LadySnowWhite
gossip insider

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 10:57:58 pm »

I don't love the dress (never liked frays) but I don't *despise* it either. It is an interesting cut, more interesting than what she normally wears.  And with the earrings, the whole look has a very cozy autumn feel to it. She looks good.

She still has a little belly you can see in some pictures too. I appreciate her commitment to fitness, but you just can't get rid of some things very quickly esp after three kids so close together too.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 12:27:43 am »

I think she's too thin. I don't like the outfit it looks like she's wrapped up in a blanket.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 03:05:50 am »

I'm shocked she looks so good. The dress is lovely even with the crazy buttons.  tehe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 08:58:25 am »

I like this dress. Best erden for Kate possibly. But eveb better with the weird brooches.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
logically
courtier

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 12:33:17 pm »

My first impression upon seeing the pictures was girl has NOT been busy with the kids - she has been busy shopping up a storm, working out, dieting like a fiend, and planning a counterattack with Ma.  I get it that she will always out rank Markle but she likes to be the perfect star.  Now she is carrying little bags insead of the awful cluthches, the collar of the dress.  She had to have the little belt to say Im super skinny too!  She was so over the top animated to bethe center of attention without her husband.

Sorry but I am equally not fans of either WK of MM. 
sandy
Princess

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 03:31:30 pm »

To me it looked like a throwback dress to the fifties. It was too long and matronly and nothing "daring" about the collar. The hems should not have had the rough edges.  She still does too much mugging.
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 04:34:36 pm »

Someone on the DM commented that it looked like this dress, I though the same when I first saw it.

https://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/AlKKsKpCIAAIfx--593x1024.jpg

A lot going on with the dress she wore to this event, maybe its the clash of the belt and buttons  blink Those shoes are mouth-watering!  sigh

https://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Kate-Arriving-V-and-A-Museum-Erdem-Oct-10-2018-S-Lock-images-555-x-750.jpg
marion
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 10:10:51 pm »

^^ Oh I don't know, I think rough edges are rather appropriate
BostonLibby
courtier

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 10:34:35 pm »

^  laugh  Expressing herself through fashion.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2018, 03:55:09 am »

Perfect!!! Tongue Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: