Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 09:21:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grenfell cookbook launch September 20  (Read 10367 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2018, 05:42:18 pm »

This is just Meg playing at being a helpful hand. She does not strike me as someone who is serious about helping and second, the fact is, that new housing should be halfway done by now and frankly it is clear that none of the royals are genuinely interested in anything other than playing at being pastoral members of the gentry.

EmmyK, Chicago, United States, 15 minutes ago
You know you've lost the plot when your greatest accomplishment in months is that finally one of your "secret" visits to a charity doesn't have the press corps, rope lines and a red carpet. Of course she couldn't resist not notifying the press after. And coincidently it is the week she KNOWS the ridiculous award for the cookbook is going to be announced. And to demonstrate her deep "caring" for the charity in advance of the award, so it seems she isn't grandstanding, she drags Harry to a "secret" visit. Okay, have changed my mind. Not a success at all. Just more manipulation.
M.Slix, Virginia, United States, 15 minutes ago
So I guess visiting and feeding the homeless are the new "in thing". One has roots there and the other is social climbing.

Don't the homeless have enough on those poor shoulders of theirs that they should have to put up with being treated as a photo op and gawked at by a pair of privileged dolts? I remember reading once that Harry mentioned going to homeless shelters and seeing homeless people, as if his mother were taking him to the zoo. No one should be surprised that Harry married Meg and no one should be surprised that Harry is this vapid.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #241 on: December 21, 2018, 07:02:50 pm »

Don't the homeless have enough on those poor shoulders of theirs that they should have to put up with being treated as a photo op and gawked at by a pair of privileged dolts? I remember reading once that Harry mentioned going to homeless shelters and seeing homeless people, as if his mother were taking him to the zoo. No one should be surprised that Harry married Meg and no one should be surprised that Harry is this vapid.

Especially when Kate and or Meghan show up to visit the homeless in clothing that is very expensive. Whether they paid for it or not, its still expensive and sends the wrong message. Whenever they go visit the homeless or hospital they should repeat an outfit so the press wont print the price of the dress, shoes, clutch/handbag, and jewelry. Its a distraction.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #242 on: December 21, 2018, 07:17:19 pm »

You would think that these selfish brats would at least TRY not to throw their wealth in the faces of the less fortunate. Kate and Meg are worse since neither woman grew up used to designer gear and neither woman grew up in palaces. I'm sure Meg has been used to poverty, having experienced it as a struggling actress and I'm sure she had good perks, but didn't get used to palatial estates from infancy and wasn't at all unaware that there are poor people in this world. Franky, it's just a game to them, play time and photo ops that they should be well past needing in order to feel that they exist.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #243 on: December 21, 2018, 10:56:58 pm »

^I’m just guessing you don’t really mean Sparkles knows what true poverty is, right?  She may know what a food stamp looks like but hardly the kind of poverty we are seeing in some of the wealthiest cities in the world. 

Which brings me to why these things are so out of touch today, or self aggrandizing and nobody’s buying this kind of charity anymore.  This particular initiative showed me exactly how shallow the pool is with MM. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #244 on: December 22, 2018, 03:24:49 pm »

Again, my thinking is, why would these women need to use a kitchen at a mosque if they have their own kitchens where they live? So no housing for people who lost their housing due to an unforeseen matter (fire). The UK needs to do better. I'm not the only one thinking this way either:

Hi_Klass_Brane, Oceania, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
Why exactly is a Grenfell 'Community Kitchen' required in the first place? What a complete load of politically inspired Leftie rubbish and celeb virtue-signalling! And Prince Dumbo falls for it hook, line and sinker...

And the reply to the above comment:

Menadis, London, United Kingdom, 40 minutes ago
You'd think that the top class hotels or new homes the survivors now inhabit would be equipped to provide adequate meals or cooking facilities.

I sure hope that Adele does not become friends with Meghan, I will never listen to Adele's music again (like she cares though) if that happens!  sauer Run, Adele, run!

I couldn't and can't figure it out either. While many of these families had to stay in hotels right away after the fire, understandable, RBKC did kick into action with offering plenty of permanent and temporary accommodation. From what I've read over the months, a little more than half of the Grenfell Tower victims were in housing - permanent or temporary and not a hotel - by the end of 2017 alone. The fire had happened in June. So 6 months on and a little more than half had a roof and a kitchen even if it wasn't going to permanently be theirs. (And as of this year the rest of that has shrunk considerably)

Then on top of it, many of these people were just plain turning down perfectly nice housing - I know some of the stock RBKC were offering needed renovating but I don't think that was most of it. The RBKC f^cked up by promising these people like for like housing and allowing them to be too picky and preferential when realistically Kensington and Chelsea are very expensive areas to live and the council did not have the resources monetarily nor physically, in terms of housing itself, to replicate the nice sized affordable flats that Grenfell was nor accommodate many of their 'I want to stay third floor or below' wishes (which I can completely understand after a traumatic fire but reality just doesn't allow). They should've rebuilt Grenfell and also offered the other good permanent housing options they had available and said take it or leave it.

The kitchen is nice as a way to come together, be supportive, and have a nice time but I personally don't view it as ever being a necessity.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #245 on: February 06, 2019, 03:49:50 am »

The AndreSimon special commendation award for cookbook 'Together' and the women of the Hubb Kitchen. Awarded today.

https://mobile.twitter.com/XantheClay/status/1092872939391852544
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #246 on: February 06, 2019, 04:36:19 am »

what is this award?

The only constant is change.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #247 on: February 06, 2019, 10:51:48 pm »

@KensingtonRoyal
Congratulations to the women of the Hubb Community Kitchen, winners of a Special Commendation for 'Together: Our Community Cookbook' at the André Simon Food & Drink Book Awards! #CookTogether
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #248 on: February 06, 2019, 11:03:28 pm »

The women all look very proud and happy. Good on them!
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #249 on: February 14, 2019, 12:11:06 am »

The Community Kitchens book 'Together' has made $1.3 million worldwide. More than enough to refurbish the Kitchens and feed the community outside.

https://mobile.twitter.com/royallymegtruth/status/1095785373274460160
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #250 on: February 14, 2019, 07:20:11 am »

Smells like someone bought their own copies in bulk so that they have enough for the fireplace in Frogmore. Wonder if the printing error with the missing pages was fixed. Not that it matters for the people who gave the non-prestigious award that Amazon could not track and make the book as a best seller.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #251 on: February 14, 2019, 10:41:39 am »

I wonder what percentage actually went to the charity.  It’s usually about 5% of sale price before all incidental costs, so about 1% when the dust settles.  Cookbooks are passion projects, not money makers.  The best thing about this is that the charity received notice and I can’t fault that.  ‘Hope it helps the people in need.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: