Royal Gossip
November 21, 2018, 06:46:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grenfell cookbook launch September 20  (Read 5828 times)
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2018, 03:55:01 am »

Harry being sarcastic at her speech and behavior?
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn82VGlh_ul/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=kfhvny0brz75

AMANDA PLATELL: Please don't make your lovely mum Doria a Royal fixture, Meghan
Daughters everywhere will have felt a warm frisson as Meghan stepped out on her first solo official royal project with her mum, Doria.
Yes, the Duchess of Sussex is now 37 and married, but at heart she is still a mummy's girl — like so many of us. And didn't Doria look a million dollars?
Her smile and confident composure said it all, as did her simple statement of introduction: 'Hi, I'm Meg's mom.'
The Duchess was launching a cookbook celebrating the women of the Grenfell community. Asked if she felt proud of her daughter, Doria said: 'Very proud. Head over heels.'
We always knew Meghan would ring the changes, but what a change it is to invite your mum to be the star turn at your first solo royal venture — and then to introduce a noticeably political message to the proceedings.   eating cookies  she's a woman playing at being royal
Meghan spoke of the importance of diversity and multiculturalism; her mum of the power of women.
As if to prove Doria's point, there was Harry — who, to be fair, was not expected to attend the launch — walking three paces behind the two women, very much as an extra.  bignono
I'm not saying he was thinking of that old Ken Dodd joke — 'I haven't spoken to my mother-in-law for 18 months, I don't like to interrupt her.' Just that, as in most marriages, Harry knew his mother-in-law was the most important person there.
Doria was dignified and courageous at the couple's wedding when she sat alone in her pew as the sole representative of Meghan's family.
And at the Grenfell community book launch, her elegance and vivacity reminded us what a special woman she is.
But Meghan and she should tread carefully if they plan to continue this royal double act.  eating cookies
Although she's a frequent visitor to the Royal Box at Wimbledon, Carole Middleton has been the model of discretion where Kate's royal duties are concerned.
She's a deeply supportive, hands-on granny whom Kate can turn to at any moment — but she never steals the royal limelight.
Whisper it quietly, but for me, Meghan's mom-and-daughter act felt a little too staged, with a hint of MeToo virtue-signalling and a tad too much showbiz. More Hollywood, you might say, than Holyrood.  thumbsup
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6195401/AMANDA-PLATELL-dont-make-lovely-mum-Doria-Royal-fixture-Meghan.html
Oh, I hope she keeps this up with her mum and let Harry go to his engagements alone.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 03:58:10 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2018, 05:51:01 am »

^ Platell is a gem. Next article should be: if you buy the book you fund terrorist cell training and why is M asking the good people to fund these cells. Investigation as to where the money goes and how they will be spent is much, much needed.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2018, 06:48:07 am »

tehe thumbsup

Although she wasn't well know she did have a brand prior to Harry. This book opportunity has given her the fuel to get back to what she was doing prior to Harry, but now on a bigger scale. She's going to want that freedom back and she'll take it especially if she's getting offers to appear on morning shows like the Today show, Good Morning America and the chat shows, cooking shows, ect, in America. The beauty of that idea will be that she wouldn't want to go back to the UK anytime soon and if she did, she wouldn't be able to gain entry.
https://78.media.tumblr.com/7cd6526423f1d729f84c2b8edcf27f8a/tumblr_pffk264P9U1xvr3jjo1_1280.jpg

Keep Calm and Carry On
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2018, 08:50:08 am »

That Community kitchen is in a complex that also houses a mosque. The kitchen is a community kitchen, used by many in the area, by different groups, some Muslim, some not. The women at the lunch who contributed to the cookbook have no links to terrorism afaik, and as can be seen by the photos are a mixed bunch with differing ethnicities. It's a very long bow IMO to infer that people who buy this cookbook are funding terrorist cells.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2018, 03:11:31 pm »

Rosella is probably right. But the murks should not be encouraged to do things with her American roots  that are are with a political  undertone in Britain.   I think the British royal family is losing it or else they are truly morphing into something else but I think they're treading on Dangerous Ground in the future possibly.

The only constant is change.
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2018, 04:46:07 pm »

Exactly!  flower

This is Meghan and her mother playing some real PR games - I bet the Brits are like @#$##$ is happening?  huh
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2018, 07:01:50 pm »

It’s sickening all the pr games that are being played by both Meghan and KP. KP licking Meghan’s pr friend’s Pryia’s IG message about the book.
https://78.media.tumblr.com/811d1b979edcfbf4301cc2c5ad11a4d5/tumblr_inline_pfgt2uBC1S1uf8oc1_540.png
There’s no news about how the book sales are actually going. The hype stopped right after the launch at KP.
The royal family looks divided into the traditional with everyone else and the new age, lefty liberal, diversity with Meghan and her mum and a passified Harry.
How long is this to go on? This crazy situation with Meghan has gotten the royal famy fully into all especially social media, but it’s damaging itself with Meghan running around as the queen bee representing them and the U.K. pull the plug on this mess and explain to the UK public wtf is going on.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 07:11:04 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2018, 09:20:11 pm »

^ I bet Meghan instructed the KP flunkies running the Twitter account to follow her nauseating wannabe friends. A shambles.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2018, 09:30:54 pm »

^ Platell is a gem. Next article should be: if you buy the book you fund terrorist cell training and why is M asking the good people to fund these cells. Investigation as to where the money goes and how they will be spent is much, much needed.

We need a source on this or your message will be deleted. This is a gossip forum but we believe this kind of info should be backed up to be able to be posted. TY

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #189 on: September 22, 2018, 09:53:11 pm »

Fake book launch? Now the book will be available on 26 September in the U.K. and 25 September in the USA.
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/178353521553/photo-on-the-left-is-amazon-uk-changed-to-in
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 10:00:49 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2018, 06:06:52 am »

It'll be interesting to see the future events Doria is invited to should this action repeat itself.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2018, 07:05:28 am »

Fake book launch? Now the book will be available on 26 September in the U.K. and 25 September in the USA.
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/178353521553/photo-on-the-left-is-amazon-uk-changed-to-in

This is usually a bad sign, pushing back the release date. I am certain that this is going to probably do well, but not astonishingly well. Meg's vanity project is likely to muddle along and I think Meg might in fact pressure the palace to give her a book tour that will provide her with a perfect excuse to jet set all over the place.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2018, 08:21:26 am »

I find it astonishing that she can claim it is 'her' book when she literally wrote an introduction and that's it.
Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2018, 01:36:34 pm »

That Community kitchen is in a complex that also houses a mosque. The kitchen is a community kitchen, used by many in the area, by different groups, some Muslim, some not. The women at the lunch who contributed to the cookbook have no links to terrorism afaik, and as can be seen by the photos are a mixed bunch with differing ethnicities. It's a very long bow IMO to infer that people who buy this cookbook are funding terrorist cells.

This. In spades.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2018, 05:59:21 pm »

Back to LA! Meghan's mother Doria Ragland dresses down in a grey tracksuit as she returns home - after supporting her daughter at her charity cookbook launch at Kensington Palace
Doria, 62, dressed down in a grey tracksuit as she landed at Los Angeles International Airport on Friday.   huh very short trip
She wore a co-ordianting  jumper and cropped trousers, which she accessorised  with a Pashmina draped around her shoulders and a pair of £340 ($445) Stuart Weitzman heels.
  tehe Merching.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6198499/Meghan-Markles-mother-Doria-Ragland-dresses-grey-tracksuit-returns-LA.html

Nice outfit and accessories. Merchandising gifts from Meghan or she gave them to her mum to take to LA and she'll get them back when she returns to LA. The IRS should be on Meghan's back so I wouldn't be surprised if she gave her mum stuff to take back to LA, otherwise it was an odd trip to London for a short time.
https://78.media.tumblr.com/d7ad150178135637e74ae5fb80dbb9cf/tumblr_pfinroiCTi1s1r8pc_540.jpg

The fact of the matter is that Meghan chose a very controversial subject to take on. She had no business visiting any mosque and should've chosen aother way to help out the victims.
Pushing the date back for the release could be because her name and forward will be taken off and out and replaced by someone else.  eating cookies
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 06:07:31 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2018, 06:19:08 pm »

Timed out.

How self-confessed foodie Meghan dreamed of releasing her own cookbook YEARS before she unveiled her Grenfell charity project
The Duchess of Sussex dreamed of releasing her own cookbook years before the launch of her Grenfell Tower charity project, it has emerged.
Self-confessed foodie Meghan, 37, once had plans to publish a collection of recipes under her now defunct lifestyle brand The Tig.
In a 2015 interview, which resurfaced online this week, Meghan said she had a 'big vision' for the brand including a 'Tig cookbook' and 'travel collaboration'.
Speaking to Bay Street Bull in 2015, Meghan, then best-known for her role in US legal drama Suits, said of the website: 'There is a vision, and it’s a big one. I see it evolving into an international brand with many different iterations.
'It’s a timely question because those are conversations that are happening right now. But I just want to grow the team and certainly see it become even more impactful.
'Who knows, I wouldn’t be surprised if you saw a Tig cookbook or travel collaboration down the road. The opportunities are endless.'
Meghan shut down the passion project shortly before she announced her engagement to Prince Harry in 2017.
However she has been able to carry her love of cooking into her life as a duchess, selecting the Grenfell Tower charity cookbook, Together, as her first solo project as a royal.
The duchess wrote the foreword to the new book produced by cooks from the Hubb Community Kitchen, an initiative based near the site of the West London tower.
Meghan said she 'immediately felt connected' to the kitchen at the Al Manaar cultural centre when she first visited in January and has since made other secret trips to the centre to meet volunteers and learn more about their work.
Images published in the book show Meghan cooking alongside volunteers and their families who rallied to support each other - and fellow survivors - in the wake of the disaster that claimed 72 lives.
The Duchess of Sussex officially launched the book at Kensington Palace on Thursday, where she was joined by her mother Doria Ragland and husband Prince Harry, 34.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6193933/Meghan-Markle-dreamed-releasing-cookbook-YEARS-unveiled-Together.html
So that's why she used the women to get this, her project, off he ground.  eating cookies 
The only comment for 9 hours:
Dublais , Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, 9 hours ago
Queue the nasty comments about this girl. Frankly getting tired of it . She can't do right fir doing wrong

Keep Calm and Carry On
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2018, 07:40:58 pm »

Omg what is Doria wearing https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/09/23/13/4491414-6198499-image-a-15_1537706686579.jpg
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #197 on: September 23, 2018, 08:54:45 pm »

Looking at the video and pics on this thread, it is a very ethnic group with the exception of Harry. Doria needs to learn how to get out of a car without her crotch showing. But liked her outfit. Megs coat was a nice color and looked way too big on her. I guess they needed Harry to go or it would be just a ethnic woman's thing which may be okay, but is very strange for the BRF. Still not sure what to make of it. It does seem a very Yank event though, Murks and Mom, looking very ethnic with the dark folk women showing that we are all one people. I guess that is not a bad thing really. So I don't know. Like I said before, they sent Murks to that group. Can't see Waity or the other women doing that. She does boss Harry around. Well, if she gets a following with mom, she can dump Harry.

The only constant is change.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #198 on: September 23, 2018, 08:59:00 pm »

We need a source on this or your message will be deleted. This is a gossip forum but we believe this kind of info should be backed up to be able to be posted. TY

Here's the link: https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/178306232913/the-problem-with-emphasising-the-mosques-link-to
I don't think it's a low blow to mention the obvious hypocrisy that M claims that it's her book where her only contribution is a picture of herself on the cover and a foreword with a spelling mistake. That's the first big lie. A lie that was blow out of proportion on 'her' book launch where she gave speech about 'her' 'her' her' awesomeness.

The second hypocrisy is that it is not put forward where the kitchen is and how it is connected to terrorist cells It is not put forward what portion of the sales of the book will go for the kitchen charity. It is not put forward what needs do these people have and how people who don't want to spend their hard earned money on the book can contribute to that charity, if it is a charity at all. Nothing is mentioned in the articles about the charity, about how the book will help the people, about where the money will go.

Best case scenario - M is shamelessly using these impoverished women to fly mommy in and spend even more money on clothes and, of course, to claim that she's an author on a book she didn't write (the authorship on the foreword is questionable too). That best case scenario is horrible. Worst case scenario, there are money (we don't know how much) going to a kitchen in a mosque with people who have been proven to be harmful to innocent people.

I'm happy to give credit where credit is due on charity work and inclusiveness but when I read gaslightning, "charity" events that are not even mentioned on the charity's page, questionable invitations to spend my money of stupid stuff that is not even forthcoming about the portion, if any, of my money will actually reach the charity.

Second, the mosque where this kitchen is has terrible, terrible track record. Not pointing out that this is a terrible choice to get yourself involved in or at least not on the self-serving way M did.

Third, I think it was Hamilton or another event, where they were not even mentioned on the charity's page. That is shadiest thing ever. If these charities were not UK and didn't have the protection from brf, if they were american, there will be a tip from me and a couple of friends to IRS because all of this looks pretty shady.

I hope I rested my case concisely. Should anything bad happen out of that particular kitchen, I won't be happy to say "I told you so". In the mean time, I'll continue to point out the lies and hypocrisies, the gas lightning attempts and the fake PR images of these two, if allowed to.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #199 on: September 23, 2018, 10:41:05 pm »

Interesting that this lady’s saying that Meghan only visited only one time for only 45 minutes. There was also confusion where the pictures were taken with a photographer saying it was in KP and I believe the video was done at a kitchen that was hired/rented.
https://jerseydeanne.tumblr.com/post/178303927641/some-screen-shots-from-the-video-prince-harry-and

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: