Royal Gossip
January 23, 2019, 12:08:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles had been allowed to shine  (Read 402 times)
FrederickLouis
Countess

« on: September 05, 2018, 02:50:37 am »

Prince Charles and Princess Diana made an official visit to Paris, France. Would you say on this occasion Charles had been allowed to shine? He delivered speeches in French. Diana understood French but could not speak French.

Really A Baron
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 02:59:39 am »

Charles had his good moments, sure!  They're few and far between, but that's what probably makes them memorable.

I haven't played since I stopped
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 03:26:51 am »

Charles was always shining; NOTHING would change the fact that no matter how popular his wife was, he was still going to be THE king and regrettably he lost sight of that very fact the entire time he was married. He made the mistake of thinking that being less glamorous or popular with the press somehow diminished his status as future king. It's a pity since if he had handled it right (and actually decided to stop listening to his friends) he would even still be married.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 02:48:33 am »

^"He would still be married" to a lovely Diana who would make a radiant Queen.

Really A Baron
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 03:17:34 am »

You know, I think that if Charles had been more appreciative of her popularity and his wife's charisma, he could have used that to promote his own causes. IF he had gotten rid of Camilla, or at least kept his wife pregnant so she could have her houseful of kids, the dynasty would be more secure.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
BostonLibby
courtier

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 06:43:09 pm »

^ Yes, and if he had let go of his jealously of Diana's popularity he might have seen the enormous benefits it brought to the BRF.  Diana was younger than him and a beautiful woman with loads of charisma. They could have been a great team in bringing the BRF more up to date.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 06:51:01 pm »

If both had just conformed to their lives with no whining, I am certain that things would be better. Thing is, that neither respected HM's wishes to find some kind of balance in their lives and while I blame Charles big time, I do believe that Diana should have thought things through more carefully.

Diana and Charles were the future, but they were not the King and Queen Consort and so it wasn't their place to decide how the monarchy should be, much less make their views on how the monarchy is run public. Both Charles and Diana got way ahead of themselves in certain areas and it was never Charles' place to blast his parents, just as it wasn't Diana's place to indirectly accuse the Sovereign of a plot to destroy her life.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 02:43:48 pm »

However, even when Diana was only 19 and during the engagement the first signs of Charles' jealousy showed, even on the first walkabout. he publicly said I'll have to get used to the backs of photographers when she's around. Diana was young and inexperienced but even then he just could not help himself. I think counseling was sorely needed for him to stop thinking himself the center of the universe and getting jealous. I think his grandmother enforced the image that he was "special."
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 05:02:22 pm »

Agree; he postures as a politician, but almost all politicians would KILL to have a wife like Diana who brought out the crowds she did. Most politicians would get rid of the mistress and disown friends who bashed the wife, but Charles did  the exact opposite.

Charles' additional flaw is how he kept getting above himself, meddling in politics when it is the SOVEREIGN who has the right to guide, advise, and warn the government.

FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 02:55:10 am »

Sandy, I do agree that Diana was inexperienced in the early years. However, she drew the crowds. If Charles only realized he had a gem of a spouse.

Really A Baron
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: