Royal Gossip
December 10, 2018, 03:03:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 100 days of peace September 6  (Read 1986 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: August 20, 2018, 06:50:47 pm »

Rebecca English

engagement for Harry and Meghan on September 6: they will attend 100 Days to Peace, a gala music evening marking the centenary of the end of the First World War in support of charities supporting military veterans facing mental health  issues including @heads_together

May they last 26 days of 2018 be the plot twist you've been waiting for

Tis the season to be petty fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 02:12:06 am »

Revealed: How YOU can attend the same charity concert as Meghan and Harry - and it could cost you as little as £35
Chance meetings with the royals are few and far between, however, Meghan and Harry fans are in luck.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are set to attend the 100 Days of Peace concert on September 6 - and the charity event is open to the public.
The concert is being held in aid of three charities - Help for Heroes, Combat Stress, and Heads Together and tickets are available for as little as £35, though presumably that won't get you a seat next to the royal couple.
Sold on Ticketmaster top price tickets come in at £75 and are still available to buy despite the event being less than a week away.
Kensington Palace announced that Meghan and Harry would be attending the event on Twitter earlier this month.
Proceeds from 100 Days to Peace will be divided evenly between three charities - Help for Heroes ; Combat Stress; and Heads Together.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6118159/How-attend-charity-concert-Meghan-Harry-35.html
Comments:
E M Delafield, Dorset, United Kingdom, about an hour ago
No thanks, anyone who spends money like water has no business attending any charity event. And H4H make plenty of profit and cream huge wages. What a pair of charlatans they are.
English in Wales, REMAIN, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
the RF won't be able to hide her merching for much longer
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 02:15:08 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 02:14:36 am »

This is so wrong; marketing their presence for charity money, this is just like Prince Charles making appearances for charity money. Another fun event for them instead of actually doing day to day office work contributing to the smooth running an established charity that is DYING for volunteers. I am disgusted that Harry and William do not bother with the Prince's Trust.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 03:01:13 am »

Mods, please move this under Fly's post for the same event. Thanks.  flower

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 07:17:50 pm »

Are they hoping that M has actual fans, not just the paid troll farms, that will be willing to spend their own hard earned money for a chance to get in the same room with the drag ...
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 02:16:42 am »

The ticket sales must be extremely low to have another article about the concert.  huh
Harry and Meghan will attend gala concert in Westminster aiming to raise £100,000 to help troops with PTSD
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend a gala concert this week that aims to raise £100,000 to help troops with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
The Royal couple will be guests at the 100 Days To Peace concert at Central Hall Westminster in aid of Help For Heroes, Combat Stress and Prince Harry’s own charity, Heads Together.
The Prince served in the Army for ten years, rising to the rank of Captain and undertaking two tours of Afghanistan.
Tickets, from £39, are available from ticketmaster.co.uk.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6122581/Harry-Meghan-attend-gala-concert-Westminster-aiming-help-troops-PTSD.html
Comments cntinue to be scathing towards the couple, especially Meghan who's engagement dress alone is halp of what the concert organizers want to raise. Actually, that's the cost of her wardrobe per month.  eating cookies

Keep Calm and Carry On
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 11:46:09 am »

Are these two going to do any engagements that don't involve lavish royal tours, trips to concerts and trips to the theatre?
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 12:59:17 pm »

^Well, there's also garden parties.  And tennis matches.  Oh, and redecorating/shopping.

Their CV is, for me, one of the most scoff-worthy anywhere.  "Hit the ground running" my eye.  I sort of get the point of HM and those in direct line to take on that role.  The rest?  Get a job.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2018, 04:40:14 pm »

I've honestly been pretty shocked by their lack of work ethic since becoming Duke/Duchess. I always knew Meghan was a Marie Antoinette type but I'm surprised she hasn't done some work at a soup kitchen or a food bank or something. She lives such a vapid existence.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 03:53:11 am »

^I just don't get it. No one who is a true humanitarian or is interested in giving back would be conducting herself like this. She is turning out to be nothing more than a kept woman.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 05:09:39 am »

^^In soup kitchens she'll have to give food with her own hands to the homeless, she'll have to touch them instead of chasing them away with the police like in Windsor castle.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 03:05:44 pm »

Confusing setup for this charitable event.  At least for me.  So, I go to Ticketmaster, find the event (not easy, not on main page), and discover that a), I can't select my seat, only the row, b), there is no indication as to what portion of my ticket purchase is tax deductible and (c), it doesn't tell me what percentage goes to each of the three charities listed, and then, (d), I'm asked at checkout to donate "directly" in addition to my ticket purchase and am informed that only 25% of that donation goes to the charity and is tax deductible.

There are, so far, plenty of tickets available although I'm sure they'll fill out the Hall.  It's intimate (2300 capacity) so enough to handle that.  But, I find it very weird that I am unable to pick out my own seat nor know precisely where my money is going.  Plus, there are added fees which bring the premium seating up to 79bp or something.

It seems rather counter-intuitive to use Ticketmaster instead of purchasing directly through the venue itself unless staffing is an issue but that's easily resolved.  That would avoid the middle man and allow for more monies to go directly to the charity.  It's the easier route, certainly, but not mindful of charitable donor's interests.

Interesting method.  Not one I would choose for an event this moderate and, frankly, 100k is a paltry sum when divided in three ways.  There are better ways to handle this. 

Unfortunately, this has all the earmarks of yet another reason to show off a new evening dress.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2018, 05:15:21 pm »

^Yooper, you just reminded me of what I read in a biography of Michael Jackson; his brothers wanted one last tour and instead of just seeing how ticket sales went to decide whether or not to continue the tour, the Jacksons sold the tickets in lots of four, making it impossible for buyers to just buy only one or two and it ended up being a huge scandal.

WHY is this being made so complicated? This sounds like the couple is trying to be choosy for the buyer, instead of letting the buyer decide based on how much they want to pay? This couple doesn't know their front from their back and it is clear that both are *fools* and that the palace has no clue either.

This is just a PR appearance, to benefit the couple, nothing more, nothing less.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2018, 08:38:18 pm »

^^Wow! That's really fishy! I've never seen a charity event that didn't disclose what portion of ticket sales would go to the charity from promotional collateral through the last page of the point of sale. I also find it weird that they chose to do this through Ticketmaster, as they are notorious for taking a huge percentage off top.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2018, 09:02:14 pm »

^You are 100% correct.  I know of no worthy nonprofit that would use Ticketmaster to sell tix to a charity event and not tick off savvy donors anyway.  They will take a huge percentage of profits.  Up to 75%.  The way to do it is with either staff or the bedrock of every org, The Volunteer. 

KF’s right.  It’s pure PR and lazy to boot. 

HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 12:52:51 am »

^I don't understand why with all of their resources they couldn't add an event landing page with an eCommerce plug-in to the WellChild website. If they accept donations on the website, the components already exist. I've attended charity functions for local organizations like Junior League and I'm able to do everything via their website and I automatically get an additional receipt for tax purposes. I feel bad for the people on the receiving end of this benefit.

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2018, 05:17:03 pm »

^ Is it too early to say that I suspect that none of the proceeds will go to the charity and all of it will go towards the next jetset destination of the mooches?
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2018, 07:49:22 pm »

^Not at all. I was thinking the same but didn't know if anyone else was getting that vibe.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2018, 12:15:07 am »

Tickets aren’t selling. Meghan and Harry aren’t a draw and the complicated way the tickets are being sold is a turn off. So much for Meghan’s wish for them to be a star/power couple.  tehe
https://78.media.tumblr.com/80835f9922e14152398887c5bd3d33a4/tumblr_pelqhh5pkj1uh38om_540.png
https://78.media.tumblr.com/bb2b51b6362e2e18a05d987d3c03e874/tumblr_pelqhg15aQ1uh38om_540.png

Keep Calm and Carry On
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2018, 05:04:47 pm »

2 for 1? Lol they must be desperate.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: