Royal Gossip
November 21, 2018, 06:40:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WellChild September 4th  (Read 2191 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2018, 07:39:53 pm »

she looks better in this outfit. A tailored look.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2018, 07:46:57 pm »

On a quick glance, her mistake is wearing black to see these remarkable kids, other than that, she didn’t seem to make any mistakes other than walking in front of Harry.
This is one of my favorite moments from these awards. This was pre Megit.
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/177736780558/todays-event-for-harry-and-megan-will-be-evening
He used all his might to stand up to greet Harry.  BFF2
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 07:49:39 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2018, 07:51:40 pm »

Her hair’s a mess and I’m fed up with her obsession with black, black, blech.  It’s not appropriate for everything and really not when around children who require cheering up.  She just likes to look “sleek” and doesn’t seem to focus on the event’s Mission.  So bored with her, really.  Tiresome ambitious woman with no poise.

^She should know protocol by now.  No excuses.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2018, 07:58:32 pm »

navy blue or grey could be an alternative to black.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2018, 08:04:11 pm »

Maybe she’s playing the race card with her choice of wearing black. I think she’s that twisted in her mind.
It seems the kids gravitate to Harry anyway, so that’s good. She’s just his shameful plus one at these engagements now.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2018, 08:12:34 pm »

I think that she's trying to pull a Carry Bradshaw Cool minus the class.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2018, 08:18:22 pm »

I don't understand why she's wearing black to visit a hospital full of terminally ill children. Usually you wear bright colours, or generally anything that's not black. And it's also really formal looking. Just weird.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2018, 09:24:25 pm »

There’s a dinner after the awards are presented. She must think that she’s attending the dinner. I believe that Harry only stays until after he presents the awards.
https://78.media.tumblr.com/4a278edd7a0237795cfa03114e9d712d/tumblr_pei1kyHamT1ud2swf_540.jpg
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 09:28:55 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2018, 10:52:54 pm »

Someone on Skippy said that they were sick of her wearing black looking like "funeral barbie".  laugh
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2018, 11:26:36 pm »

^ laugh  “funeral Barbie”.  tehe

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2018, 03:05:05 am »

Harry's speech.
Video: https://youtu.be/KTvomqeOzu0
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/177749053268/httpswwwroyalukspeech-duke-sussex-2018-wellch
and this year I am especially grateful to be able to share the scope and magnitude of this work with my wife, who joins me here this evening.
Maybe I'm being picky, but a man usually names his wife in a speech no? It just seems impersonal which I don't mind given the circumstances.
They only stayed for 45 minutes according to someone on Skippy's blog.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 03:12:37 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2018, 07:49:02 am »

I like to read people's speeches but with this one - not interested. Insincere stuff through and through. Whether he named her or no is irrelevant. Besides US was busy with long weekend with a Nike scandal that ended in yet another book and a judicial hearing controversies. A sloppily glued wig, yet another black outfit, messy hair and fake expressions is not even in the top 100 of topics that are interesting. Again, even less interesting than M's creepy show of black in front of terminally ill kids is an insincere speech written by someone else on H's behalf.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2018, 05:35:25 pm »

‘They were fantastic’: Disabled showjumper, 16, who bonded with Harry and Meghan at WellChild awards ceremony reveals the royal couple ‘had so much time for everyone’
A 16-year-old show jumper with spina bifida who impressed Harry and Meghan and last night's Wellchild awards has opened up about her meeting with the 'fantastic' royals.
Appearing on ITV's lunchtime news programme, she told presenter Alastair Stewart: 'I think it's fantastic that they're the younger royals and they're involved, and of course it gets a lot more press involved and a lot more attention around it.
'But it was also wonderful because we got to meet them and they had so much time for everyone. They went and spoke to every single one of the award winners, so it was fantastic to do that.'
The young athlete added that the pair had taken an interest in the children's book she's written about disability.
'Meghan had a really good flick through because she sat really close to me and they seemed really interested by it, and they did take it with them, so that's always a good sign,' she explained.
'It was incredible, the atmosphere in the room was so fantastic and all the award winners felt really special.'
Evie, whose motto is 'find a way, not an excuse', spends her time mentoring other children with disabilities and healthy issues and takes her children's book into schools to give talks about hidden disabilities.   thumbsup
Gesturing to the Duchess, watching him from her seat around a table, he said he was 'especially grateful to be able to share the scope and magnitude of this work with my wife who joins me here this evening'.  Lips Sealed bored3 huh
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6134845/Disabled-teenager-praises-Harry-Meghan-WellChild-awards.html
What a beautiful, poised caring young lady.
I read that they only stayed for 45 minutes though, so they couldn’t spent that much time with the winners and give out the awards. He might’ve stayed longer if Meghan wasn’t around.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 05:38:55 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2018, 07:36:08 pm »

^^^The contrast between his speeches and Will's are interesting. Will always says "Catherine and I" never "my wife."

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2018, 12:18:41 am »

I have to say I prefer William and anyone else's use of their spouse's actual name and not my wife in formal speech and settings. I've nothing inherently against my wife/my husband but when people actually know and is familiar with who your wife is, just say her name.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2018, 12:45:16 am »

Meghan Markle has revealed the one thing her & Prince Harry don’t like about being royal

MEGHAN MARKLE is adapting to royal life seamlessly, graciously appearing at public events all over the country and impeccably representing the Royal Family. But Meghan just revealed the one thing she doesn’t like about being royal.

Meghan Markle, 37, seems to be perfect for royal life, having her fair share of fame and publicity even before marrying Prince Harry.

She has slotted seamlessly into a life of glamorous events, global travelling, glittering jewellery and one of the most enviable wardrobes in the world.

However, it seems there is one thing that Meghan isn’t quite liking about her new like as the Duchess of Sussex.

At the WellChild awards last night, Meghan let slip that she doesn’t like the cameras being around her.
Meghan and Harry spent the night talking to recipients of the awards, including four-year-old Mckenzie Brackley.

The little boy, who won an Inspirational Child award for strength following his battle with acute flaccid paralysis, told the Duke and Duchess that he didn’t like the cameras being around.

Meghan and Harry, who are used to being surrounded by cameras, then told Mckenzie that they completely agreed.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1013447/Meghan-markle-news-latest-royal-prince-harry
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 12:47:32 am by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2018, 02:41:16 am »

"I *despise* the press Markle" as she looks directly at the camera.  bored3
https://78.media.tumblr.com/2e7414fd8c96b6b1ae7999b0ef32c406/tumblr_pelgraCLkg1xpn99lo3_540.jpg

She's really fake and uncomfortable amongst these brace kids. I bet she couldn't wait to get out of there.
https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_pel0ltmKe31xc0zyp.mp4
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 02:48:10 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2018, 02:50:09 am »

They are on the gravy train of perks and privileges. They should stop with the victimhood and just get on with their work and be polite.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2018, 02:50:25 am »

Evie is amazing.  Simply amazing.  Talk about class!

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2018, 04:39:11 am »

https://78.media.tumblr.com/f8c8e21f6007feb4de60d499ec0a837d/tumblr_pelwbyqZ541uapq2po2_400.gif
https://78.media.tumblr.com/f8c8e21f6007feb4de60d499ec0a837d/tumblr_pelwbyqZ541uapq2po2_400.gif
Maybe Harry was afraid she’d run out of the venue so he did this weird thing.   dontknow He also had his hand on the back of her chair whilst they were talking to Evie and her brother. How’s this woman supposed to cope if she goes to the IG and is surrounded by all of those disabled vets who’ll have their stumps and other injuries on display. This might be Harry showing how uncomfortable she is around disabled kids and would need constant calming from him at all times. She couldn’t hide at how uncomfortable she was and the story about the cameras was an exuse to try to explain her stiffness at the event.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 04:48:53 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: