Royal Gossip
November 16, 2018, 06:08:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WellChild September 4th  (Read 2162 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: August 20, 2018, 06:49:55 pm »

Rebecca English

Ah, one of my favourite events: the Duke & Duchess of Sussex will attend the annual @WellChild Awards on Sept 4. It highlights the courage of seriously ill children and their families & those who care for them. I defy Meghan not to cry. I always do. These children are incredible.

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 07:07:11 pm »

My money is on her robot smiling during the whole thing like she usually does.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 07:31:24 pm »

^yep, the usual complete with her not getting to near the kids so they don’t touch her.
I’m truly at a loss of why she’s in this position because she’ll bring nothing but negative comments and coverage. This is one event where Harry does shine, but if she’s there, he won’t.

Keep Calm and Carry On
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 02:50:40 am »

Harry won't be able to move without MEggles hanging onto him like a slug.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 10:14:54 am »

If she cries they will be dredged up crocodile tears.  She was a *cough cough* wooden top actress, she might be able to manage a couple of tears  -  although it might upset her make up, can´t have that, needs it for the merching effect.  As for well children, she doesn´t care about them so why let her attend, no point.  Hope one of them pulls her wig or extensions, that would be so funny.  Karma can be a real b*tch at times, hopefully working overtime that evening, what a hoot.  easter-lol
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 01:04:02 pm »

^ Yes, my lunch money are on fake tears and bad acting. Problem is - she was already around kids two times and the first time she cringed when they came close to hug her, the second time she would have slapped the kid for touching her if it wasn't for the cameras. What will she do around those kids I can only dread. She will try to pull a Diana copy but .. she h8ts kids.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 01:54:06 pm »

^Oh my, yes.  Show business gospel is "animals and children will always upstage you, so avoid at all costs."

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 04:37:06 pm »

I think it’ll be a sad and disappointing day for the kids and their loved ones if Meghan attendeds because Harry needs to be on his best form because the kids look forward to meeting him and usually feel relaxed around him. He can’t be himself if she’s in attendance because, like others stated, she’ll be clinging onto him all throughout the event and if she’s separated from him, she’ll show how much she’s uncomfortable around kids, especially special needs kids like these will be. KP might just be releasing Harry upcoming events and she’s just an afterthought plus one. She didn’t attend an event announced by KP involving Harry visiting disabled veterans, so hopefully for this event, she won’t attend either.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 05:18:23 pm »

It's a gala, with a red carpet... She won't resist the pull of the red carpet.
Pepe Le Skew
Baroness

This is what it sounds like

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 08:49:43 am »

Likely moment for Markles to appear with a “bump,” and I *despise* that term.  Lips Sealed

EDITED TO ADD:  Oh my goodness this is PC... my chosen word autocorrected to “despises.”
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 08:51:43 am by Pepe Le Skew » Logged
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 12:45:48 am »

The invitation to the event:
https://78.media.tumblr.com/4a278edd7a0237795cfa03114e9d712d/tumblr_pei1kyHamT1ud2swf_540.jpg
As much as I’d rather she not attend this award, I know she’ll show her uncomfortableness around these kids and will dress inappropriately as she usually does during engagements. I hope though that the kids will have a good time as they’ll meet Harry who I hope will best his best for these brave kids.  I think anything she does to try and put the focus on her will get slammed in the press, so for this one time, I just want her to behave like an adult  tehe as hard as it’ll be for her, and let Harry and the kids have their time together and the press can focus on that.

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 12:55:35 am »

^Are they seriously using that picture for the invite?

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 01:07:30 am »

^I don’t think so as that looks like pictures from the Hamilton event. The draw for the kids will always be Harry. I remember past events where one of the kids used all his might to stand up to meet and hug Harry.  thumbsup  You can tell the kids look foreword to meeting him.
https://www.wellchild.org.uk
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 01:11:14 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 04:24:57 am »

^Interesting. The upcoming event isn't even listed on the website.

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2018, 05:20:16 pm »

She'll try to shake up QE for a tiara "for the kids". Just watch.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 05:27:14 pm »

Nope, she's in a weird black pantsuit with sloppy hair. Pics on DM http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6129189/Harry-Meghan-celebrate-courage-seriously-ill-youngsters-awards.html

I haven't played since I stopped
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2018, 05:36:44 pm »

I like this outfit.

Waity's footsteps: Black for a kids' event... Which is not only terrible when with kids, but also against protocol (supposedly, and if that rule still exists then tbh I think it should be axed, black hasn't been just a mourning colour for the longest time... which is why black when not in mourning is a no-no acc to protocol, as it's "exclusively" for mourning for them).

I think it would've looked much better in a navy blue hue dontknow
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2018, 05:41:18 pm »

OMG, she went to Canada for a new nose and that's why the pics were forbidden. Bad rhinoplasty.  easter-lol

^ Black is the only color that looks good on her and I'm ok with that. The only problem is that she's meeting kids that may not survive one more year, yet she dresses like the death and her facial expressions confirm it: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/04/17/4FB1966300000578-6129189-image-a-44_1536078626654.jpg
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 05:44:29 pm by Ariel » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2018, 06:28:24 pm »

I do not know if the journos are burned out but I think there was more hype when Kate did her first events.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2018, 06:52:52 pm »

These aren't Meghan's first events though. She went to 14 or more during the months of her engagement. At the first ones photographers journos were knocking people over to get near.

I always think Harry shines at these events. He's empathetic but cheery as well. He puts people at ease. Young Matilda Booth presented Meghan with a bouquet and got a rose back from her. Matilda had seen the Royal wedding apparently and was nervous but her mother said Harry and Meghan put them at their ease, which is good. Lots of photos and interaction.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: