Royal Gossip
July 21, 2018, 08:53:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wimbledon 2018  (Read 2183 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: July 05, 2018, 05:49:44 pm »

For all news related thos this event TY  flower

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 05:29:01 pm »

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall stirs up Wimbledon with younger sister Annabel
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/style/987166/camilla-duchess-of-cornwall-news-style-latest-wimbledon

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 08:14:19 pm »

Rubbing shoulders with royalty! Pippa and Carole join Camilla and Sophie at Wimbledon (but the Middletons miss out on a spot in the VIP box)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5941969/Kate-Middletons-parents-return-Wimbledon.html

No royal box for the Midds!
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 03:51:39 pm »

^ Good!
india
Princess

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 05:20:20 pm »

Nobody ever wants to see that pair of skinks in the royal box.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 05:22:54 pm »

@KensingtonRoyal

The Duchess of Cambridge, @Wimbledon Patron, and The Duchess of Sussex will attend the Ladies' Singles Final on Saturday 14th July #Wimbledon
On Sunday 15th July, The Duchess of Cambridge along with The Duke of Cambridge will attend the @Wimbledon Gentlemen's Singles Final #Wimbledon
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 05:25:19 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Kins
courtier

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 05:31:53 pm »

^The sugars are melting....
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 05:35:43 pm »

LOL As they should Kate and Meghan together . its too much for them .

I'm rooting for Serena she's a bad mamajama
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 05:38:22 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 05:56:41 pm »

^yeah, go Serena!!!
There was some criticism about Waity having maternity leave yet showing up for Wimbledon. If she could show up for this fun patronage, she could show up for her others. One lazy, limpet and one @!?xx Duchess, the new low level of royalty now.  bored3  It’s really bizarre just how similar they both are though regarding the fake over-the-top expressions when talking to people and the way they hang onto their prince’s.
Meghan and Kate's girls day out! Duchesses will be in the Royal Box at Wimbledon on Saturday to watch the Ladies' Singles Final
The two Duchesses will attend the Ladies' Singles Final on Saturday, their first official royal appearance together without William and Harry. 
Prior to the game they will meet with previous champions and chat to ball boys and girls about their experiences at the tournament.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5947485/Meghan-Kate-attend-Wimbledon-Saturday.html
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 06:03:47 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 03:39:22 am »

Oh boy!! I simply can't wait! I'm not going to be able to sleep until I see them together!!  laugh
LadySnowWhite
royal watcher

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 07:07:11 am »

Well that certainly explains Kate's RAF appearance - minus the not-public reception.  She literally just showed her face enough to warrant "work" at Wimbledon.

Any bets she comes off maternity leave to "work" with Ben Ainslie later this month?
Val
Princess

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 09:36:04 am »

^^

They will have been primed to look friendly together, whispering silly asides and the usual Waity open mouthed gurning.  Let's not forget the silly affected ridiculous style of clapping too.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 07:05:46 pm »

I think Meghan joining Waity is to have her get the majority of the criticism as I’m sure she’ll turn up in something ultra expensive and wrong for the occasion. If Waity showed up on her own, she would’ve gotten criticized for showing up at this fun patron event during her very long maternity leave, but couldn’t be bothered to attend any of her others.
ICYMI: Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, is coming to watch Serena Williams
For her part, Serena was coy about the presence of her royal pal. "We've always had a wonderful friendship," she said. "Every year for a couple years she comes out to Wimbledon, has supported me. Now she's supporting me in a different role. But our friendship is still exactly the same. We always have supported each other, just been there for each other through a lot. I look forward to it."
http://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/24077656/wimbledon-2018-meghan-markle-duchess-sussex-coming-watch-serena-williams
They have a pr relationship. Serena didn’t talk to her at the polo game or even acknowledged her presence, or invited to any of her personal events such as her wedding. Meghan’s wedding was a pr event, hence the celebrities in attendance.
I wonder if they’ll sit together or if Waity  will have an official in between them. I think having them seated together would show that they’re on equal footing when in reality, they’re not since Meghan’s position is of lesser rank, this she should be seated behind Kate.
There are tweets criticizing Meghan for just planning to show up for Serena’s match. I’ll post it here later.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 07:08:33 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 05:07:44 am »

^I think Waity is showing up because - come hell or high water - Meghan was going to go to the finals if Serena made it. Even though she'd be there as a guest of Serena, Meghan's PR machine would play it up like she's the new patron and representing the RF in an official capacity during the event. If we can see the game that's being played, I know for sure Waity notices she's constantly trying to one-up her and take her spot. This is Waity putting Meghan in her place. This is Waity marking her territory.  

Exhibit A:

https://twitter.com/RoyalDickie/status/1017761053135040514
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 05:10:55 am by HRH Tiana of NOLA » Logged

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2018, 05:50:25 am »

tweets criticizing Meghan for just planning to show up for Serena’s match.
https://78.media.tumblr.com/8d96d7f945480f0496f70e0f1848c6fe/tumblr_pbrco2kAbv1xoon3go1_1280.png
https://78.media.tumblr.com/f2d8174dc046cfbad83cab9db4e69dff/tumblr_pbrco2kAbv1xoon3go2_540.png
posted on https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 05:53:10 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 07:10:39 am »

^Oh, wow!

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2018, 11:03:05 am »

Love this comments on the Arbiter Tweet.  I actually can well believe, although not a murky fan, that council catch has tagged along to make sure she gets in the limelight as well.

Jessica

@HenryRachelMW
 17h17 hours ago
More
Replying to @RoyalDickie
If u feel the need to phrase it that way because of rankings, fine. But just to be clear, one of them was going to the final anyway bc she’s a close friend of SW. The other doesn’t attend womens matches but just so happened to decide to pop up now. So who’s really tagging along?
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2018, 01:10:29 pm »

https://twitter.com/Wimbledon/status/1018091101700395008?s=19

Arrival

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
dianab
Countess

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2018, 01:39:53 pm »

2 silly WAGS
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2018, 01:42:35 pm »

Double duchess! Kate and Meghan arrive to watch BFF Serena Williams fighting for eighth Wimbledon title just 12 months after giving birth
Stepping out together at the All England club, Kate wore a pretty white spotted dress.
Meanwhile Meghan opted for a striking blue striped shirt and a figure-hugging white pencil skirt.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5953417/Kate-Meghan-arrive-watch-BFF-Serena-Williams-fighting-eighth-Wimbledon-title.html
She has on trousers that’s way to long for her.
^exactly. Waity barely gives back to the people and Meghan will give nothing back but rub the public’s nose in her expensive attire and getting away with all and sundry and gets rewarded for it. Why have royalty if someone like her is considered a member.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 01:46:57 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: