Royal Gossip
November 14, 2018, 11:59:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State Visit from the Netherlands 23rd to 24th October 2018  (Read 1025 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: July 03, 2018, 12:26:11 pm »

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/1014104841843560453?s=19

Yay!  easter-bunny state visit with lots of jewels.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 04:31:45 pm »

Yay! Dinner and tiaras! Does this coincide with the Harkles being on tour?

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 04:45:43 pm »

Would they get invited to state dinners, or is that a senior royals only type of event?

I haven't played since I stopped
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 06:09:31 pm »

Depend. Harry went to the spanish visit. Cams were hots when China came.

Probably they will attend.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 06:17:23 pm »

^^ They are "senior royals" though.. If you mean the Sexes? They are definitely "eligible" to be invited, but whether they will be is another matter... I don't see the point tbh for them to be there, esp if C&C & W&K are there. dontknow
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 06:18:03 pm »

Great, love Maxi! I want to see all her bling!  The Cambridges will be present, also Charles and Cam and QEII of course. Harry went to the Spanish State Banquet (and received an Order from Felipe) and was also at the CHOGM dinner. However this time No.  Harry and Meghan will be in Sydney on the dates that the Dutch royal couple come, and then go on tour in the Pacific.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 06:22:08 pm »

tehe https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/983134/the-queen-elizabeth-news-king-willem-alexander-queen-maxima-netherlands-meghan-markle

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 06:33:23 pm »

I should think it would be absolutely bleeding obvious, even to British tabloid journalists, that if a couple in the BRF are overseas at a longterm engagement and are then going on tour, that they won't be avaliable in London for a two day State visit by the Dutch royals. Or does that particular journo have trouble comprehending simple facts? Apparently she does!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 08:56:39 pm »

Dazzling duchess! Kate glitters in Diana's diamond tiara as she joins William for a lavish state banquet held in honour of the Dutch king and queen

The Duchess of Cambridge glittered in a diamond tiara that once belonged to Princess Diana as she arrived for a state banquet at Buckingham Palace tonight.

Kate, 36, joined husband Prince William, 36, and other senior royals for the lavish dinner hosted by the Queen in honour of King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima of the Netherlands.

The Dutch royals, who are on a two-day State Visit to the UK, appeared in excellent spirits as they posed for photos with the Queen, 92, Prince Charles, 69, and the Duchess of Cornwall, 70, before taking their seats in the opulent dining room.

As per protocol, the royal women all wore ballgowns and tiaras for the banquet - although only the slightest hint of Kate's sky blue number could been seen as she arrived in the back of a car. 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6308729/Kate-Middleton-Princess-Dianas-tiara-joins-Prince-William-Dutch-state-banquet.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2018, 09:06:45 pm »

Thank goodness there is some real royal news to knock the Markle Tour off the pages!!   I'll bet Megs is acting out because she is missing out on a tiara event!    laugh
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2018, 10:32:35 pm »

^ laugh she is probably seething, cooking up her next stunt

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2018, 11:12:03 pm »

I'ts not Princess Diana's tiara anymore; it's the Cambridge Lover's Knot and while Diana made it iconic, it's not hers and hasn't been since her death in 1997.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2018, 11:15:03 pm »

Perfection. 
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/23/20/5336388-6308729-image-m-30_1540324294188.jpg

Keep Calm and Carry On
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2018, 03:43:39 am »

Yes and I'm sure it will be a doozy.  Cool
marion
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2018, 09:07:54 am »

She's been rushed out if an engagement due to a "security scare" . She's quite clearly smiling as she's led away so not frightened or ill, just attention seeking

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6309809/Pregnant-Meghan-Markle-rushed-market-Fiji-security-scare.html
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 09:09:35 am by marion » Logged
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2018, 09:17:35 am »

Kate looks dreadful. The crumpled blue dress is all wrong on her, and probably cost a bomb. https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/23/21/5338284-6308729-image-m-52_1540326662090.jpg

She has a hard face, and needs something more delicate than the Cambridge Lover's Knot and chunky necklace.

Interesting that she finally has the coveted Order.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2018, 10:08:00 am »

Kate is way to thin. She loojed so good in the sussex wedding with a bit more weight.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2018, 11:43:57 am »

Apparently Kate had that Family Order given last December in time for the annual Diplomatic Reception. No full length photos are taken at the Reception, so nobody knew. However Kate's is made of glass not ivory, because of William's crusade against the use of ivory, elephant slaughter etc. Some people thought that Kate's would therefore be of porcelain but apparently not.
Joanna
courtier

Daenerys Stormborn, the true Queen

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2018, 12:25:52 pm »

Shocked Kate's dress is terrible, what is the fabric of it? Looks like the same sort of fabric my granny used to have as curtains and pillows. Plus the style of the dress looks dreadful on her because she hasn't got the figure for wearing those mermaid style dresses.  The Lover's Knot tiara also doesn't look great on her, it doesn't suit her facial features. Perhaps it would suit her better if she had a bit more of weight, otherwise, it just gives her a severe look. The overall look adds years to her age  blink

I agree that she looked better in the Sussex's wedding.

Maxima's dress is wonderful and her bling is lovely!
india
Princess

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2018, 03:52:22 pm »

Maxima's jewels beat anything Elizabeth has. They are magnificent! Kate The Bulbous Nose Potato Head cannot carry off jewels. She just can't. Her big head loaded up with filler is too big for her tooth pick body.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: