Royal Gossip
September 26, 2018, 02:24:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Young Leaders Awards 26th June  (Read 1585 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: June 21, 2018, 05:24:54 pm »

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/1009819596386390016?s=19

New event with the Queen and Harry

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 10:20:25 pm »

The Bill was finally passed by Parliament last night after a dramatic climbdown by Tory rebels at the eleventh hour.
But to become law the Queen must give it Royal assent by physically signing a document outlining the law.
Ministers had expected the Brexit Bill to get the royal seal of approval this week, but the PM's spokeswoman said it will get assent next Tuesday.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5868735/May-hails-crucial-step-flagship-Brexit-Bill-set-law.html
I guess having the clown couple attend this event will distract from the Brexit bill that the queen’s supposed to sign on the same day.
The last place that Meghan should be is at a young leaders award. She’s basically done things that have been made public that these leaders would’ve been advised not to do. She could’ve gotten away with attending and maybe taken seriously because she had a decent image prior to Harry. After she played games and outed the relationship via social media and then had her lawyers issue that statement, her image has gone down hill as the real Meghan emerged.
Distraction tactic imo as I wonder if she’ll sign the bill or wait until after Harry gets back from Ireland in July.
Another thing is that the royal family’s getting more of an inroad in social media, so having Meghan attend this event will garner them more clicks. Itya dangerous game though because to maintain interest on social media, they’re going to have to anti up the crazy; like it was crazy to have this chick linked so long to Harry and breaking all the rules for her.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 10:41:02 pm »

I dont think we need to be so dramatic. She is not like the first divorcee or having a 'dark' past. If it was like 20 years ago yes but not now. Harry is like the 5th in line. He may be a working royal for life but anyone remebers the Duke of Kent? He may be more famous due to Diana. But once he has kids and his niblings grow up no one will remember him. More or less the same with Meghan.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 11:32:44 pm »

The Bill was finally passed by Parliament last night after a dramatic climbdown by Tory rebels at the eleventh hour.
But to become law the Queen must give it Royal assent by physically signing a document outlining the law.
Ministers had expected the Brexit Bill to get the royal seal of approval this week, but the PM's spokeswoman said it will get assent next Tuesday.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5868735/May-hails-crucial-step-flagship-Brexit-Bill-set-law.html
I guess having the clown couple attend this event will distract from the Brexit bill that the queen’s supposed to sign on the same day.
The last place that Meghan should be is at a young leaders award. She’s basically done things that have been made public that these leaders would’ve been advised not to do. She could’ve gotten away with attending and maybe taken seriously because she had a decent image prior to Harry. After she played games and outed the relationship via social media and then had her lawyers issue that statement, her image has gone down hill as the real Meghan emerged.
Distraction tactic imo as I wonder if she’ll sign the bill or wait until after Harry gets back from Ireland in July.
Another thing is that the royal family’s getting more of an inroad in social media, so having Meghan attend this event will garner them more clicks. Itya dangerous game though because to maintain interest on social media, they’re going to have to anti up the crazy; like it was crazy to have this chick linked so long to Harry and breaking all the rules for her.

I am surprised that any minister would have expected the Queen to give the law the royal assent this week. She has to give consent 'in council' and as there is only one council meeting a month on average (10 a year) and they know when the council meetings are well in advance they knew it wouldn't happen this week.

It is a simple process and will take about 1 minute - the name of the bill will be read, she will say 'yes' and then sign it and it is done. This is the same procedure with all legislation. What other members of the family are doing on the day won't distract from it at all as there is nothing to see from the Queen's perspective. We don't see her at her council meetings as they are short and boring.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 12:37:30 am »

Queen hands over key job to Meghan Markle as Prince Harry’s wife wows Royal Family
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will welcome those in the Queen's Young Leaders programme to Buckingham Palace this summer, continuing the role started by the Queen during her lifetime of service to the Commonwealth nations.
Prince Harry became the patron of the programme in 2018, which sees "exceptional" young people receive honours for the work they do in their respective Commonwealth nations.
Meghan - whose relationship with the Queen is going from strength to strength – will take over the role from the Queen, which is said to be a job that has been close to her heart since it started five years ago.
The programme, which started in 2013, honours those who have made changes to their communities, including mental health advocacy, tackling violence against women and saving lives.
The Duke of Sussex said he was "hugely optimistic" about the programme's future and for the couple to set an example for future Commonwealth generations to come.  
He said: "I have really enjoyed meeting so many of them over the past four years and their passion and understanding always leaves me hugely optimistic about the future.
"I have seen time and time again that today's generation understands something very important: that to tackle a big issue, you need to focus on the root causes of the challenge and not its symptoms.  
"The Queen's Young Leaders are having an incredible impact in their respective countries because they have adopted this mindset."
Meghan is required to undertake six months of royal training by a senior Palace staffer, which was described as "gruelling" and tough".  tehe
But it seems the training is paying off, as her bond with Elizabeth II grows ever stronger.
Comments:
I can only speak for myself ,but I am sick to death of the press and their constant promoteing and pushing foreward this woman.I have never met her so I cant like
or dislike her.I couldnt give a toss about her ethnicity ,but for a young lad who wants kids shes a bit of an unsuitable choice. One can only assume that no one else would have him?

lizziejames
its a bit of a shame that the Queen feels that she needs to pander to the PC brigade and push this woman in our faces.

I'm sure she will play the part of whatever role is given to her, after all she is an actress. Hopefully her hair won't frizz in tropical climates.

LaughatyouJust.Do.It
Funny how she refuses to wear her hair in it’s natural state but uses that card for sympathy when it suits her.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/978807/meghan-markle-news-queen-prince-harry-commonwealth

She's just going to go with Harry to the awards show, not take over from the queen.
It's all the more baffling why Harry speaks so passionately about this but choses a good-time woman who spent a good part of her life simulating sex of film and swanning off on holidays that she documents on social media and does only charty work for pr purposes as it'll help her image. Why couldn't harry find someone who's genually doing good just like these young leaders are. It's going to be nauseating watching her pretend like she cares about this event. She'll again show up in an expensive attire and try to take the attention away from what's going on whilst she tries to get Harry's attention with her endless groping whilst looking at every camera in the room.  bored3
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 12:43:23 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 06:37:12 pm »

Sorry for the double post but this relates to what I remember reading regarding this being the last year for this award, so Meghan’s not taking over for the queen.
FINAL EVER QUEEN’S YOUNG LEADERS AWARD WINNERS ANNOUNCED
https://www.queensyoungleaders.com/final-ever-queens-young-leaders-award-winners-announced/

Keep Calm and Carry On
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 01:24:41 am »

Is someone trying to sabotage Prince William’s efforts to focus attention on his engagements? His trip to Israel should attract worldwide attention. However, courtiers have chosen the same week to publish the royals’ accounts, always headline fodder. Even worse, he’ll have to compete with Meghan, who is off to a Commonwealth awards ceremony with the Queen.
No wonder friends say William is sometimes bad-tempered.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5884981/Pregnant-Pippa-Middleton-looks-blooming-steps-London-1-000-leather-bag.html
According to this snippet in the DM, the courtiers will publish the royal accounts on Tuesday. I hope the accounts do get the press coverage and not Meghan pretending to care as she seeks out the cameras.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 01:30:16 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
marion
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 05:16:53 pm »

@Windsor2....Bill got royal assent today!!!!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 07:26:21 pm »

Meghan's VERY regal makeover: Duchess of Sussex unveils glossy curls just like Kate's as she joins the Queen and Harry for a star-studded reception in Buckingham Palace's ballroom
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5887429/Meghan-Harry-join-Queen-Buckingham-Palace.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 08:09:54 pm »

This time the facial expressions are like the ones of the AI robot Sophia. They have the same nose too  easter-lol
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 09:25:02 pm »

Tongue Tongue Tongue
Cali San D
courtier

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 10:07:24 pm »

Another blah beige outfit, even though I think this Prada (an Italian fashion house now!) number is described as light pink, it photographs beige/cream. The belt should've been left off. She is really loving the buttons like Kate.  easter-James

https://whatmeghanwore.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Meghan-Harry-Queen-All-Standing-Pink-Prada-Young-Leaders-Awards-June-26-2018-Stillwell-Pool-i-Images-555-x-855.jpg

And Skippy is loving this pic of her posing with the dang clutch!  laugh

https://78.media.tumblr.com/7cc95b67f43496420429b306af408cf3/tumblr_inline_pay0tjgalQ1qd00pn_500.jpg
I

She really needs to watch the Queen, legs forward and hands on lap.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 10:09:23 pm by Cali San D » Logged
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2018, 10:08:31 pm »

Looks like a wig to me, far too shiny for her greasy looking rats tails.  As for the make up, wow, looks as they it was put on with a trowel.  Comments not good, 490 quid for the shoes, a few suggesting a wig, thought it was just me to start with.  She looks sedated or something, not sure she is quite right in the head the way she carries on.  About time HM manned up and got shop of the Ses.sexs and the cambridges, both lots doing the rf no favours and already taken them into the guttere.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2018, 10:38:26 pm »

Is someone trying to sabotage Prince William’s efforts to focus attention on his engagements? His trip to Israel should attract worldwide attention. However, courtiers have chosen the same week to publish the royals’ accounts, always headline fodder. Even worse, he’ll have to compete with Meghan, who is off to a Commonwealth awards ceremony with the Queen.
No wonder friends say William is sometimes bad-tempered.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5884981/Pregnant-Pippa-Middleton-looks-blooming-steps-London-1-000-leather-bag.html
According to this snippet in the DM, the courtiers will publish the royal accounts on Tuesday. I hope the accounts do get the press coverage and not Meghan pretending to care as she seeks out the cameras.

I was watching the SkyNews from the UK press reports yesterday with the front pages of the newspapers being shown. None were covering anything royal related - it was all Heathrow expansion - no William in the Middle East (is getting some coverage on the news), no royal accounts or anything else. It just isn't a major story for the British media from the front pages of the papers or even the websites of those papers. Even the news bulletins aren't leading with this visit.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2018, 11:08:48 pm »

Meghan Markle accused of sitting in 'disrespectful' way at Queen's Young Leaders Awards
Her crossed-legged position prompted hundreds of comments on the Royal Family’s Facebook page.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/980040/Meghan-Markle-the-queen-prince-harry-commonwealth-Meghan-s-cross-legs
I don’t get what people expect from her. She’s a Soho/Hollywood chick who will always do things her way. How pathetic is it that Harry’s with the least accomplished woman’s in the room. How idiotic does it look for him to give a speech of praise and then have to sit next to his blow-up vapid s*x doll. The makeup didn’t work for her as it made her look like a wax figure. She looked dumb talking to these winners as she couldn’t really have anything valuable to say to them.

Keep Calm and Carry On
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2018, 03:48:43 am »

The queen did sign the Brexit bill.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5886899/Brexit-comes-step-closer-EU-Withdrawal-Bill-gets-Royal-Assent.html

Harry and MM were added to the event according to the invite.
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/175274868923/ladygreyhound93-earlandcountessofdumbarton

Official photo without MM.  eating cookies
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/175290049478/ladygreyhound93-opined1

« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 03:50:51 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2018, 04:48:00 am »

Meagain seems to have been photoshopped out. ^(Photo without MM you posted)  Or someone was.  You can still see the feet of the chair beside Harry. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2018, 04:53:28 am »

Yeah she was PS out ,and that PS job looks like it was done by someone on tumblr fanmade joking around too see how many people will believe the pic was real
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 05:00:03 am by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2018, 05:05:53 am »

I very very much doubt that Harry, who was appointed to the Commonwealth Youth Leaders position by the Queen just before CHOGM, was to be absent on the evening of a reception for the Young Leaders of the Commonwealth. This is especially so as he was to give a speech, which he did.

He was only given the Sussex Dukedom a little over a month ago and I doubt those invitations were sent out after that, so IMO that is the explanation for the supposed add-on. They could hardly have printed Prince Harry and wife, when it wouldn't have been correct, and BP certainly wouldn't have been letting the cat out of the bag about what Dukedom Harry was going to receive ahead of time.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2018, 04:25:15 pm »

Speech given by The Duke of Sussex at the final Queen's Young Leaders Reception
Published 26 June 2018

You are the future leaders who will need to pick up the baton on issues such as climate change, food security, equality and access to education

The Duke of Sussex
Thank you Sir John Major for the introduction.

It's an honour to be here today to recognise and celebrate this year's Queen's Young Leaders.

This programme was launched four years ago in honour of Her Majesty The Queen's service to the Commonwealth and Her belief in young people as a force for positive change.

As many of you know, this is the last year of The Queen's Young Leaders Awards, but the legacy of the programme will no doubt carry on for generations to come.

This year we are recognising the incredible work of the final group of exciting young change-makers from across 38 Commonwealth countries, who are working to improve the lives of people in their communities and beyond.

The issues all of you have chosen to take on are at the core of some of the world's biggest challenges - from tackling stigma around mental health and promoting gender equality, to changing mind-sets and habits in order to conserve our natural world - you are all making a huge difference.

Your generation is the first that will have to deal hands-on with topics and issues that have been known about for a very long time. You are the future leaders who will need to pick up the baton on issues such as climate change, food security, equality and access to education, and improving the lives of the most vulnerable people in our communities.

The pace of change is happening so much faster than it did 100 years ago,  or even 50 years ago. A more interconnected world means that any local problem can become a global problem overnight, but at the same time the technology and innovation driving this inter-connectivity means that any local solution can become a global solution just as fast.

In this rapidly changing world, it is heartening to meet so many inspiring young people gathered here today, who have already stepped up as leaders and improved the lives of so many people across the Commonwealth. You are the hope and optimism the world needs and we will all do everything that we can to support you in it.

One of the best things about The Queen's Young Leaders coming together this week is having the chance to share the projects you've taken on – you are now part of a community of people trying to do good. I encourage you to nurture these new relationships, share your ideas, stay connected and keep working together. What you have achieved individually is formidable, but collectively, the possibilities are limitless.
This is not the last you will hear from me. Earlier this year, I was honoured to have been named The Queen's Commonwealth Youth Ambassador, and I am committed to supporting the legacy of The Queen's Young Leaders and the 1.4 billion Commonwealth youth.

I guess you can say you're stuck with me. I, together with my wife Meghan, look forward to convening young people from around The Commonwealth to hear your ideas, work with you to build platforms for you to collaborate and form partnerships, and continue to meet with many of you as we travel around in our work on behalf of The Royal Family. We look forward to meeting many of you this evening - but we also hope to see you in action in your home countries someday too.

The complete network of Queen's Young Leaders has now been established, forming a powerful group of 240 young people from across 53 Commonwealth countries that will connect, collaborate and change lives together for years to come. I can't wait to see all that you will do to change the world!
Thank you and good luck.
https://www.royal.uk/speech-given-duke-sussex-final-queens-young-leaders-reception

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: