Royal Gossip
July 22, 2018, 08:09:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Louis' Christening ~ 9th July  (Read 3510 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: June 20, 2018, 11:07:31 am »

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/1009368133029818368?s=19

At St James so not walkabout  sob

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sanka
royal watcher

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 03:03:36 am »

It will be interesting to see if Prince Harry is a godparent.

Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 04:30:05 am »

Safe to say Murky Turkey won't be godmother.

I haven't played since I stopped
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 06:41:26 am »

Didn't the say, when George was being baptised, that they didn't believe in making uncles and aunts as godparents as the excuse for not having Harry or Pippa as George's godparents.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Meghan as Louis' godmother - or the godmother of Zara's new baby - as further signs of how the BRF have included her in their family now. It is more likely to be Zara's little girl as she will be Louis' aunt by marriage but maybe they will still have her anyway and only exclude aunts/uncles by marriage.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 08:42:56 am »

If either family have murky turkey as a godparent then they need committing to an asylum IMO. 
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 04:58:43 pm »

^Couldn't agree more!

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 05:10:29 pm »

Why Meghan Markle Won’t Be Godmother to Prince Louis — and the Surprising Odds-On Favorites
Meghan Markle has been listed as an underdog in the godparent stakes by bookmakers surrounding the upcoming christening of two-month-old Prince Louis.
The new royal aunt figures down the list at 14/1 odds, far behind staffers and close friends of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
On Wednesday, the couple announced the July 9 date for the christening. Louis’ godparents will be announced that day.
Prince Harry, 33, is not a godparent to either of his brother’s two older children — 4-year-old Prince George and 3-year-old Princess Charlotte. It’s thought that William and Kate wanted to honor some of their closest friends, rather than choosing someone who was already a proud uncle for the two royals.
Jessica Bridge, of British bookmakers Ladbrokes, said in a statement, “As with George and Charlotte, [William and Kate] chose close and trusted friends and aides, rather than immediate family members, and the odds suggest that will be the same with little Prince Louis.”
https://people.com/royals/meghan-markle-wont-be-godmother-prince-louis/

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 05:28:11 pm »

^ Translated: "We can't stand her".

Val
Princess

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 05:14:19 pm »

Ma beavering away to produce another ridiculous OTT tacky do like Chars and the Mary Poppins theme.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 05:32:48 pm »

^ I expect no less from Ma!

BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2018, 03:24:53 pm »

^ Absolutely!  It's who she is and what she does!
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 09:36:42 pm »

One of the fun reasons to be here!  tehe
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2018, 01:56:24 am »

The Viper never disappoints when it comes to these events.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 05:03:07 pm »

I wish Waity would wear a color instead of white for a change.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2018, 09:27:46 pm »

^Since Meggles seems to have adopted blushes and beiges to coincide with her Saint Duchess of the Brown Folks persona, it will be interesting to see who's cream-colored outfit will win at the christening.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2018, 03:28:43 am »

That will be interesting because Pips and Ma will probably be in the same (lack of) color.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2018, 05:40:57 am »

I have a feeling they all will decide the color scheme (my guess would be some shade of blue) but 'forget' to give Murky the memo.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 10:06:57 am »

Prince Harry spends £8,000 on first edition Winnie The Pooh as a gift for nephew Louis' christening today

Uncle Prince Harry bought £8,000 first edition book for nephew's christening
    It is thought the newlywed is building personal library for his niece and nephew
    Prince Louis will be baptised today in a private ceremony at St James's Palace

[...]

The flame-haired royal has splashed out £8,000 on a 1926 first edition version of the A.A. Milne book - of which 30,000 were printed in the first run, The Sun reports.

He is understood to have made the purchase from rare book seller Peter Harrington in Kensington, London.

A friend told the newspaper: 'One of Harry's happiest childhood memories was being read a bedtime story by his mother.

'She loved all the classics and Harry had the brilliant idea of starting a little library of first editions.'

It is thought the newlywed originally considered buying Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking Glass, priced at £24,000 but decided Winnie the Pooh would be more suitable.

The same friend told The Sun Prince Harry was a big fan of books as a youngster, devouring anything A.A. Milne but his favourite was Robinson Crusoe.

[...]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5932615/Prince-Harry-spends-8-000-edition-Winnie-Pooh-book.html
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2018, 11:04:21 am »

Prince Louis' godparents REVEALED: Kate and William opt for childhood friends - including Guy Pelly - as they gather for christening at St James's Palace

Kate and William have announced the godparents to Prince Louis, all of whom are friends or family of Their Royal Highnesses
    Include Prince William's old family friends alongside Kate's cousin
    The 11-week-old will be christened at St James' Palace at 4pm today

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have announced the godparents of Prince Louise who will be christened at St James' Palace later today.

Kate and William have asked a total of six people to act as godparents to their youngest, all of whom are friends or family of Their Royal Highnesses.

The list includes Prince William's old friends Nicholas van Cutsem, Guy Pelly, Harry Aubrey-Fletcher and The Lady Laura Meade.

Kate has enlisted Sophie Carter for a second time having selected her to be Princess Charlotte's godmother in 2015 as well as her cousin Lucy Middleton.

Louis' godparents, will take part in the private 40-minute traditional religious ceremony, which begins at 4pm in the intimate, oak-panelled chapel.

[...]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5933093/Prince-Louis-godparents-REVEALED.html

PS

The Queen and Prince Philip will NOT attend Prince Louis's christening today ahead of a busy week for the 92-year-old monarch with RAF centenary and Donald Trump's visit to Windsor

The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh will not attend Prince Louis 's christening
    The royal couple are the great-grandparents of the 11-week-old prince
    The Queen will be travelling back from Norfolk today at the start of a busy week
    Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their children will all attend the service
    Louis' six godparents have been revealed, including former party boy Guy Pelly

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5933103/The-Queen-Duke-Edinburgh-NOT-attend-Prince-Louiss-christening.html
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 11:08:00 am by HRHOlya » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2018, 11:21:55 am »

Seriously? Two times a godparent.

Im a bad royal watcher who is Sophie Carter?

Btw guy pelly..... ehm

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: