Royal Gossip
July 22, 2018, 08:08:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Asking for just good thoughts (YM)  (Read 673 times)
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2018, 08:41:27 pm »

Holey Moley! sob So sad for you all. Please stay safe and keepbus updated. Most warm thoughts being sent hug

Barnabe et Kitty...
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2018, 03:07:26 pm »

Sending all the best wishes your way.

so sad about the lil boy.

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2018, 03:35:24 pm »

Poor little soul.  Only 12 years old too.  I feel for his family and their loss.

So sorry all this is even happening, Yooper. (((Hugs)))

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2018, 02:05:40 pm »

^Thank you.  It’s really something right now.  The National Guard and Red Cross have arrived but we have a lot of work to do.  Everyone has been amazing.

Since you guys took an interest in the young boy we lost, here is his memorial page.

https://www.memorialchapel.net/notices/Thatcher-Markham

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2018, 03:07:13 pm »

I hope the situation has improved a bit.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kins
courtier

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2018, 03:22:58 pm »

^^So heartbreaking. May he rest in peace and may his family and friends be surrounded by love and blessings.
Joanna
courtier

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2018, 03:24:05 pm »

I'm very sorry.Hopefully everyone is as safe as possible and your community will be able to overcome all the damage, heartbreak and loss and rebuild and recover very quickly. I'll keep you in my prayers and I send you my best wishes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2018, 05:13:06 pm »

Thank you all.  The main roads should be ok within a month or two, secondary roads by winter (have to), homes about two years.  These people will be in shelters or private homes until then.  So, barring more rain, two years. 

Water is a gigantic problem with raw sewage into Lake Superior.  This is int’l water and cripples shipping, fishing, drinking on an enormous scale.  Lake Superior is the largest fresh water lake in area in the world.  The damage is legendary.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2018, 05:19:41 pm »

Thank you, Yooper, for sharing the memorial page of this sweet boy.  I hope there are lots of fish where he is now.  Poor soul, may he rest in peace. 

I hope that the widespread damage can soon be contained and that no more lives are lost or harmed. x

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Little light
Countess

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2018, 08:48:39 pm »

I was sending good thoughts too YM. I just couldn't post on my holidays. A fault on the broadband line.

flower
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2018, 09:05:28 pm »

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/content/news/Donations-come-in-for-boy-injured-in-Houghton-floods-485921851.html

I’m so sorry to report that the young boy has died.

In addition, and I hope this comes out right, I am very grateful for this Forum.  It’s a place of friendship for many years and a welcome distraction and “home”.  Thank you.

That's terrible to hear. In my hometown a little boy (7ish years old) went into a boat with his uncle (ca 20 yrs old), the big river was flooded, it was this winter, very cold, icy, the boat apparently capsized and the boy was lost. Found some 30km away dead, a few days later. The river is legendary for taking people's lives, as there is a strong current in the area and besides no idiot should ever drive out when the river is flooded... Too late now...

Little Thatcher was such a cutie pie, looking at his pics makes it quite harder. Putting a face to the story turns it into sth more "real" and tangible. Poor boy, poor family..

This place is indeed a good distraction, I hope things turn for the better for your homeplace and its people! flower
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2018, 04:08:09 pm »

https://www.facebook.com/1963162093695556/posts/2003257159686049/

We got flooded out again last night.  Unbelievable yet true.  I never saw such rain in such a short amount of time.  Some say 4" in 30 minutes.  All fixed, repaired basements, furnaces, destroyed.  What a summer.

The weirdest thing for me is the lack of any boating.  The raw sewage is too dangerous so it's eerily quiet on the waterfront/canal where I live.  Where I am, the really huge ore boats, and I mean huge, use our canal as a safe harbor from Lake Superior storms.  Now, they're stuck out there in precarious situations.  And, you guessed it, much more rain expected this pm and heavy storms tonight.

Keep the prayers or good thoughts or whatever you feel like sending coming.  Thank you.

Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2018, 04:14:11 pm »

Yooper, is there a link where I can send a donation to? I'd like to help if I can.

I haven't played since I stopped
Kins
courtier

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2018, 04:22:31 pm »

I am so sorry Yooper! Such devastation on top of devastation.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2018, 04:51:57 pm »

^^How very kind of you to even ask, Sheridan.  Thank you doesn't cover it and I gratefully and without expectation share the donation page link below.  You have humbled me with your generous request.

What these monies do is help the individual home owner.  Our major federal and state funds go mostly for infrastructure.  Because we are not on insurance flood tables, not one person has home flood insurance so this is vital.  We have about 2000 misplaced persons in our schools and hockey arenas, at present.  

It's also watched over by keen eyes who understand the laws of fundraising.

http://www.keweenawreport.com/news/storm-relief-fund-established/

There's this link, too, but I have not been involved with the gofundme version.  Seems legit, tho, and probably easier for anyone out of our country.
https://www.gofundme.com/kcf-disaster-relief-fund

: flower thankyou

^Thank you.  It's disheartening.  There's no doubt of that.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 05:00:19 pm by YooperModerator » Logged

deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2018, 12:14:19 pm »

hug hug hug to everyone involved :hug:so, so sad hug

Barnabe et Kitty...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: