Royal Gossip
November 21, 2018, 06:39:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Tour Australia, Fiji, the Kingdom of Tonga, and New Zealand October 16-31  (Read 20020 times)
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #640 on: November 04, 2018, 02:58:01 pm »

DUCHESS OF SUCCESS How always-composed Meghan Markle turned tour Down Under into a triumph for the Commonwealth
The Duchess of Sussex passed her first big royal test with flying colours, not only for the positive headlines and renewed royal fervour but for lifting Harry's mood too — Granny will be delighted
SHE came, she saw, she conquered.
Former actress Meghan Markle took Down Under by storm.
No surprise she is now being dubbed The Duchess of Success. Not for her the rictus grin and stilted performance of other royal tours — this was pure Hollywood magic.  bignono
On the tour’s own merits, she did a great job and didn’t put a foot wrong — even more impressive considering she only made her public debut with Harry just over a year ago. Since then Meghan has changed the face of The Firm for ever, and has made Prince Harry incredibly happy.  huh
The Duchess is now very much a Republican’s nightmare; her natural charm and modern approach have set back their cause for a generation.  tehe Her presence will be the cause to hasen it
But it was never a given.
The smile can’t falter, the grip can’t shake and they have to be on form at all times — for 16 days straight.
And it was here that Meghan’s Hollywood training kicked in. The former Suits actress didn’t miss a beat.
Harry often looked grumpy — it was extremely tiring with early starts and up to five engagements each day — and at one particularly long welcome ceremony in Fiji he looked like he wanted to thump someone.
Thankfully, when the red mist descended Meghan, always composed, always smiling, was ready to hold his hand to cheer him up. And it was clear that her extraordinary beauty was the tonic that could lift him out of his darkest mood.  laugh
Seeing them together, standing in the rain in Dubbo in Oz — with Meghan shielding Harry from the rain with a giant brolly while her husband made a speech — was a powerful image. Meghan, of course, knows the power of a picture. Right from the start of the tour, she used her wardrobe and jewellery to send substantial messages.
And there was substance, as well as style. She gave three impressive speeches. Kensington Palace had billed her debut as a fully-fledged royal as “a few words”.
It was clear she had written these speeches herself and worded them in her language, not the formal words of a British royal court.
Again, here was that Hollywood sparkle in full effect.
And the message that she delivered — equality for everyone and be the best you can be — struck home.
From Maori kids in New Zealand to Aboriginal girls at a school in Australia, the fact a mixed-race American had been accepted by the royals showed them anything was possible.  huh Time and again I heard that Meghan is a role model for young women.  bignono But does this new superstar in the royal firmament pose a threat for those already established? It is perhaps too early to say.
If Meghan is in danger of eclipsing even Kate, 36 — and certainly in the battle of the evening frocks last week Sussex beat Cambridge — perhaps that explains why the Cambridges and Sussexes are thinking of separating their courts. Currently all the “Fab Four’s” work is handled by one office at Kensington Palace, but William and Harry are thinking of setting up one for each brother and their families next year.  bored3
Right now the only cloud for Meghan is her troublesome family.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7640109/how-always-composed-meghan-markle-tour-triumph-commonwealth/
This is so f'd up; the royal family accepted a biracial American actress, so that gives the girls the feeling that anything's possible.  Shocked  This was her tour with her feminist agenda. Harry was just someone who's part of her accessory and needed for photo ops. He's mad because the tour was about her as she pulled that pr stunt of announcing pregnancy at the start so that all eyes would be on her. Like all actresses, she's happy when she's the centre of attention. This was a celebrity tour with a bit of royal thrown in.

Harry and Meghan's tour has launched them to forefront of the royal family's new era
This is a new era for "The Firm" - as the Royal Family is known to insiders - and the Sussexes are at the forefront of that revolution. Young, popular, environmentally conscious, they are not afraid to speak their minds.
Harry has adopted a range of social causes to spearhead, while Meghan, 37, is now a globally known figure whose every move, outfit or speech garners huge attention.
Her first speeches on the international stage have provided a glimpse into what we can expect in the future. A feminist and equal rights advocate already, she spoke about the right to education and women's suffrage, and showed her support for our Armed Forces at the Invictus Games.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/harry-meghans-tour-launched-forefront-13521588
The new era's Meghan centre stage as she uses the royal family for fame and fortune. She's the poster child of the MeMeMe error. She's not one to work as part of a team as evident since since her performance duing that cringe worthy engagement interview.

I expect the tv documentry on the tour to air on ITV on Monday, 5 November, to be all about this chick saving the day as Harry looked grumpy and tired; that she's an asset to the commonwealth unlike her husband.  bored3
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 03:02:28 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #641 on: November 04, 2018, 03:03:07 pm »

The Sun and the Mirror. Of course they are going to write garbage.  bored3
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #642 on: November 06, 2018, 03:02:03 am »

https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/179809753283/so-this-isnt-matching-up-with-how-the

It was very much Meghan's tour and the Austrailians paid for her to swan around and do nothing with Harry looking and acting like her co-star. What exactly was accomplished to have called this a royal tour? 'This is the trashy woman that was introduced to children and decent people as a role model for girls. Not much has changed since those pictures were taken. No matter how she tries to act demeur, this is what she is about as was evident dring the holiday tour.
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/179810360773/duchess-of-trash         
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 03:09:39 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #643 on: November 06, 2018, 03:11:50 am »

It wasn't 'called a Royal tour'. It was one. Harry and Meghan were asked on behalf of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to visit certain parts of the Commonwealth. They were invited by the Australian, NZ, Fijian and Tongan governments to visit them. If they didn't want them there then they wouldn't have gone.

As an Aussie I could see on Tv and through anecdotal evidence that crowds were enthusiastic for Harry and for Meghan in each country visited. There were opening and greeting ceremonies. Meghan did not 'swan around'. Harry made speeches on behalf of his grandmother, took part in Queen's Canopy and other ecology projects and the two of them did meet and greets and opened buildings. In many ways it was a typical Royal tour. Whatever Skippy and other trashy Tumblr sites have to say is neither here nor there. Just not relevant.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 03:14:28 am by Rosella » Logged
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #644 on: November 06, 2018, 04:13:47 am »

Putting aside the tumblr sites, Meghan made the tour about her and her ever changing baby bump. It wasn't a royal tour when a commoner like Meghan only wants attention for herself. Harry played second fiddle and did a few speeches and quite frankly looked quite dumb as an experienced royal on a tour. The constant pda and goofing around wasn't professional desite the press trying to put a possitive spin on it. I'm sure that when they were foolishly invited by the governments, they didn't expect the tomfoolery that was on dsplay by theses two. What did the countries get out of the tour? I doubt that tourist business will get a boost.
I'd love to say that they did well and that they're an asset to the royal family and the commonwealth, but I can't because they're a detriment to them. Harry's now become a weak man who lets his vapid wife do whatever she wants and that includes making every engagment about herself.  bignono 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 04:23:23 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #645 on: November 06, 2018, 04:37:07 am »

As I've said I watched hours of this on live TV during the tour. Aussie television covered it thoroughly. I do not think that anyone who saw that footage would say that Harry played a minor role or that Meghan was centre stage all the time. People who don't like her put that theory forward online throughout the tour and it's just not fact-based. Harry did more engagements, met more people. He was just as engaged as his wife in the meet and greets.

There's no evidence at all that political leaders in this part of the Commonwealth were disappointed by the tour in any way. They all came to meet them. In fact, even in the last days the NZ Prime Minister was lavish in her praise. As I said before, it was in many ways exactly like the tours other members of the BRF undertake, the Queen/Duke, C+C, the Cambridges. It was a mixture of meet and greets, opening buildings, unveiling plaques, visiting interesting locales, making speeches, which Harry did (and his speech at Dubbo was widely reported here) as well as Meghan. The large Press pack were exhausted by the fourth day, but very much praised this tour.

I don't think that people who believe that Meghan made huge boo-boos or irritated locals or caused shocks to the Queen by her 'behaviour on tour' are going to get much pleasure and satisfaction in the future, actually. The Sussexes came home, debriefed, and are now taking part in  the Remembrance engagements that have been pencilled in for months. Those who believed the couple were going to be sent to Siberia or something are going to be disappointed. If there had been displeasure about this tour from HM it would have been leaked discreetly from BP by now.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #646 on: November 06, 2018, 06:49:54 am »

First, one's opinion is not a fact. It's an opinion. One sees this vacay as a poorly stitched together Megalomaniac's show, another sees it as $130$mashing success. That's opinion, not a fact.

I also don't think that tumblr sites and blind gossips should be discounted. We've had rumors about Weinstein for years on such sites and look how that turned out. 

IMO, Harry looks more and more like cheap props in Megan's show. Makes me even wonder if he's really a royal or the Hewitt rumors may actually be true.

I don't know if BP or CH should have leaked something or not but the strange articles how well is M integrated and how the family loves her, especially C & C, seems like a setup for what's about to come. 
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #647 on: November 06, 2018, 07:12:38 am »

I wrote that I do not believe that people who saw all that footage that Aussie TV put out during the tour, day after day, would say that Meghan played a central stage role and Harry did not. I watched it and to say that Meghan was the star and Harry a side show would be to discount the evidence of my own eyes or that of others who I know watched every day. I read online anti-Meghan remarks about the tour from those who were commenting from elsewhere and it was plain from many of those remarks that the posters had seen a summing-up of the tour at the end of the day, or hadn't even bothered with that. Plus, the Royal correspondents were there every day and their reports were overwhelmingly favourable.

I think the James Hewitt lie has been seriously debunked, even more so as Harry has got older and developed more Windsor looks. As for Tumblr, the old saw about a even broken clock being correct twice a day is applicable to them. I wish I'd collected all the ridiculous nonsense I read on their sites in the run-up to the wedding, such as an alleged insider at the Palace (who disappeared just before the wedding)  comparing the wedding invitations of Harry/Meghan with William/Kate in minute detail and coming to some unbelievable conclusions, like they were fake because of the Lord Chamberlan's Office for RSVPs being printed on a different side. ! I felt like directing them to BP, only they had already stated they worked there! Pure BS!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 07:18:06 am by Rosella » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #648 on: November 06, 2018, 12:39:34 pm »

A Reminder.  Again.  Everyone please remember that, barring slander or violence, all points of view are welcome.  Attacking or belittling other member's viewpoints, in cleverly worded ways, is not.

Overall:  This is a Gossip site and should be treated as such. We are here to have fun, be congenial, learn a thing or two and, hopefully, make friends.

Thank you,  YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #649 on: November 06, 2018, 01:40:13 pm »

'I just love them even more!' Royal fans go wild over documentary offering a closer look at Harry and Meghan's first royal tour - and declare them the 'world's power couple of 2018'
* The First Tour last night, documenting Harry and Meghan's first major royal tour
* Fans took to Twitter to brand them 'power couple of 2018' after the programme
* Others admitted they were more in love than ever after Chris Ship's ITV show
* Even Australian TV presenter admitted she was 'in love' with royal couple  
Last night's The First Tour, which chronicled the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's 16 day visit to Australia, New Zealand and Oceania, impressed fans so much they hailed the pair as 'the world's 2018 power couple'.  huh
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6357727/Royal-fans-wild-documentary-Harry-Meghans-royal-tour.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #650 on: November 06, 2018, 01:49:06 pm »

I thought they were Amal and George (the power couple)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #651 on: November 06, 2018, 02:01:48 pm »

Power couple is giving to any and anyone who have stans #powercouple # couplegoals

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #652 on: November 06, 2018, 03:30:06 pm »

^^^ For being a power couple, that article sure had some powerfully negative comments about them.  tehe  Whoever would be with Harry would be on these tours and people fawning over them. Others don't care. What is powerful is the 130k that narc spent of taxpayers money for her clothes. I will never get over that. But if they support a cause it will get that cause attention and in that sense they make a difference.

The only constant is change.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #653 on: November 06, 2018, 06:13:15 pm »

^ Same here. She spent all that in 16 days. IMO the designers she wore got the exposure. The charities were just part of the props and I doubt they will get that much attention. The whole focus on the tour was: where's the bump.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #654 on: November 06, 2018, 08:56:09 pm »

Chris Ship on the documentary of the tour on ITV. He reported on his Twitter that it was the most watched show on TV last night in its time slot.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1059792740408541184?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I'm very glad that the people of Britain got an opportunity to see how the tour went on this side of the world and how they interacted with the crowds who turned out to see them.
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #655 on: November 08, 2018, 11:56:03 pm »

^ Same here. She spent all that in 16 days. IMO the designers she wore got the exposure. The charities were just part of the props and I doubt they will get that much attention. The whole focus on the tour was: where's the bump.

Exactly. And the cost of her duds.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #656 on: November 13, 2018, 02:31:34 am »

A Newspoll in the Australian newspaper (NewsPoll is extremely accurate in predicting election results etc) has shown that republican sentiment in Australia has slumped, especially among the young, with many commentators pointing to the success of the Royal tour of the Sussexes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sunriseon7/status/1061710298615140352
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #657 on: November 13, 2018, 03:39:22 pm »

^ The news people say: they behave like rock stars not like royals. Wannabe rockstars I might add.
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #658 on: November 13, 2018, 04:31:23 pm »

How 'bout "royal rockstars"?  laugh Not!  bored3
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: