Royal Gossip
December 11, 2018, 01:58:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Harry's reputation be saved?  (Read 1666 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2018, 01:05:51 am »

Well CHarles is using it in his over the top PR. IMO.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2018, 01:08:37 am »

^^ I don't. Richard Palmer, at a very early stage of the romance with Meghan being known, wrote on his Twitter Page to an inquiring poster that his contacts within Clarence House/BP stated that the family felt that Harry's happiness was 'paramount'. Samantha was already screaming her head off on Twitter about MM at that stage, I think it was around  Jan/Feb of 2017. He said that the Royal family felt that the Markles might be a problem but that didn't outweigh that Harry was head over heels.

The new survey that has come out in the last few days has Harry leading the Royal pack, including the Queen and his brother, at 77%, so as far as the British public is concerned his reputation appears fine.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2018, 01:12:08 am »

@SouthernBelle, most definitely. It’s an extremely dumb strategy even though the climate was bad when she appeared on the scene in May/June 2016 with the Brexit vote looming and cries of racism and non inclusive being branded about toward the royal family and the U.K. She’s not a likable person and what we actually know about her such as her divorce, the few people who’ve dealt with her going on the record to say that she a nasty person, her doing charity work purely for pr purposes as it builds up her image of being a humanitarian, her crazy expensive cost for her wardrobe and having the focus solely on her during engagements, oh, and how she emasculates Harry in public as well as clings onto him at every opportunity.
The dumb thing about this is that she’s not relatable to the public. People of colour who applaud her there should realize that she’ll do nothing for them. They should ask themselves what has she done for anyone since the engagement and wedding.
Harry’s image’s in the toilet no matter how the press tries to trick the public into thinking it’s not by releasing the poll that has him on the top of being the most popular royal. He’s looked at as bringing in this low rent woman into the family and the U.K. He’s now looked at as being a fool.
Needless to say things have been odd with Harry especially during the celebrity wedding and especially during that odd tour where it was about Meghan and her ever changing bump and expensive attire. Things seem to be happening to unravel this mess and then nothing happens to curtail this odd situation as Meghan can pretty much do as she pleases and the royals just carry on.
@sandy,that’s what’s odd as Charles has gone way overboard with it; as if she’s such an exceptionally great person who he’s lucky to have as a daughter-in-law. Charles is supposedly very shrewd so I expect he has a reason for it.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 01:15:02 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2018, 01:16:50 am »

At some point, everyone crosses a line of no return and becomes unable to be saved, or they cross a line and are past any chance of ruining themselves. Harry crossed that line into permanent self destruction the minute he started issuing public statements on behalf of his new plaything and started going on some kind of attack mode that had nothing to do with reality. If he and his brother had grown up and decided to stop blaming the planet of their mother's bad decisions during the last season of her life, I am certain that neither would have ended up making the mess of their lives that they have.

Harry can't be saved since we no longer live in an era where people who screw up get indulged. Harry had EVERY chance and he BLEW it big time. Invictus put him on the map and he could have cleaned up his rep that he got in his twenties and easily launched big time. Instead he launched Invictus and then proceeded to blow all that goodwill on first hooking up with someone that the public did not like or trust, then he proceeded to literally start attacking the press (that had been FAWNING over him for his Invictus work) and gave the middle finger to the public (who embraced him wholeheartedly) and then announced his engagement to the worst possible woman.

The minute he was engaged the public was up in arms, plus her own family was URGING him to break the engagement. He had to have had tons of warnings and a lot of people telling him to NOT follow through on this. Instead, he just plowed ahead and pulled the trigger on all the goodwill he had generated as a result of Invictus.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2018, 01:17:10 am »

To answer the original question of this thread, for me, I always questioned Harry’s grasp on his role, reality, limitations, just plain growing up and his overall judgment.  As of now, I don’t have much, if any, respect for the man.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2018, 02:34:45 pm »

He is a fool.

The only constant is change.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2018, 02:42:23 pm »

^ not really. They approved because if not they would look like the baddies  and really what bar are we talking about?

Though they are using it all the same.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2018, 03:18:55 pm »

I agree with you and there is no real bar anymore but he still a fool to have married her.  I do not believe in any way that she and him are soulmates.  of course she can be in love with him because he is giving her this incredible life so yes but not because of who he really is because I just don't think he's really that intelligent enough for her.  I don't think she'd give him too much time. But I do think she's okay in this role for him because she pushes it as he would not. I'm not sure what type of woman would be really good for him for just who he really is inside

sandy
Princess

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2018, 05:10:44 pm »

They got married. Now they need to be adults and work on a marriage.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2018, 05:50:02 pm »

I'm not sure what type of woman would be really good for him for just who he really is inside

It's not the job of a woman to fix or nurture or mentor him. That is unfair on the woman and it's not a woman's job to mother a fully grown adult man.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2018, 06:03:20 pm »

I am sure they are working on their marriage as most people do, especially the first year as they are living together now and adjusting to that. Although it Doesn't seem like she tried working on her first marrige the first year as they lived apart then and divorced soon in spite of her having lived with him for several years.  That was not the point. Is Harry's reputation tainted now with her as his choice. It is with me although I do see how this transpired and why he would choose her type in addition to his attraction to her.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2018, 06:05:17 pm »

Well it's a whole new ballgame now so to speak.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: