Royal Gossip
July 22, 2018, 08:02:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: June 14 Day of engagements  (Read 4361 times)
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2018, 03:36:49 am »

Wish you'd worn a hat, Meghan? Gust of wind proves hair-raising for duchess after 'to-ing and fro-ing' between Palaces over her decision to let her locks flow free
Meghan and Harry are keen to present an image of a youthful, modern monarchy – which means fewer hats and gloves, and more cutting edge.  tehe
So a message was sent to the Queen's private office asking what the sovereign intended to wear.
The answer included mention of the hat by Rachel Trevor Morgan, which some would have taken as a suggestion for Meghan to do the same.
But after some discussion, it was agreed between Buckingham and Kensington Palaces that the duchess would let her brunette locks flow free.
'I think the Queen and Meghan's relationship at this point is one built on respect, and Meghan has shifted her own personal style to adopt a more demure regal look - something I think the Queen will be thankful for.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5846457/Gust-wind-proves-hair-raising-Meghan-official-engagement-Queen.html

RICHARD KAY: How the Queen insisted that Harry was not required – then helped Meghan pass this nerve-wrecking introduction into royal life with flying colours
That she passed this nerve-shredding introduction into royal life with flying colours was everything to do with the figure who was showing her the ropes.
Royal aides had been thinking about a joint visit involving the monarch and Meghan but it was the Queen herself who suggested it should be sooner rather than later.
The Duchess of Cambridge had been married almost a year before being invited to accompany the Queen, at the start of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations in 2012 for a day in Leicester.
Some will doubtless wonder if this early invitation for Meghan reflects some sort of favouritism.
I understand the decision was taken because it was felt the Duchess of Sussex might need more help to adjust to life inside the Royal Family than the already poised Kate Middleton did.  tehe
So much has happened to Meghan since her wedding day: Nottingham Cottage where she and Harry live at Kensington Palace has been redecorated and the couple have spent time at their new country bolthole in Oxfordshire.  huh
Nevertheless, it is not difficult to imagine how the duchess must have been feeling as she arrived at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday evening.
Whenever the Queen takes the Royal Train there is a protocol to be observed. She dines first at home and then she travels to the station, on this occasion Euston.
Meghan, too, had already had supper and the two women were driven together at 10.45pm along with a handful of senior staff. Domestic staff, including footmen, stewards and a dresser, had gone ahead.
Once on board the train it is understood the Queen was keen to turn in. She doesn't like eating late but she did want to ensure that Meghan was comfortable.
It must have been an eye-opening experience for the American-born duchess. There are no showers on the train, but full-size baths.
It is thought that Meghan was provided with Prince Philip's saloon which includes a bedroom, bathroom and sitting room.
By the time the train and its royal passengers arrived at Runcorn, Cheshire, yesterday morning after breakfast, Meghan and the Queen had spoken about the day ahead.
That much was clear as they exchanged several observations during the ceremony to mark the opening of the Mersey Gateway Bridge.
By the time she had watched the Queen unveil two plaques, completed a walkabout, attended a civic lunch and accepted numerous posies, her early stiffness had gone and she began to relax.
Next week's carriage drive at Royal Ascot should be breeze. And next month sees an event where it's just possible that the Queen will be turning to the newest member of the family for help.  tehe
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5846229/Queen-insisted-Prince-Harry-wasnt-required-Meghans-joint-engagement.html

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 03:42:17 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2018, 03:42:45 am »

Train trips with all the luxuries must be a lot of fun.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2018, 04:22:19 am »

Fix your damn wig, Turkey!

I haven't played since I stopped
Val
Princess

« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2018, 07:32:19 am »

QE’s usual MO is to be seen with new members of the family no matter how unsuitable just to stop comments of snobbery/racism etc.  Even council Caro was wheeled out a few times.  Remember that awful pic of her in her fire engine red ensemble leaning in to the DoE with wide mouthed guffawing like a cart horse on speed.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2018, 08:12:59 am »

I wonder if that's why HM did this: nobody can call her 'racist' or 'xenophobic' for not accepting Meghan.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2018, 09:20:58 am »

^ Of course. If you notice - QE is smiling all the time, is in "good spirits" but there is not even one look at the narc. Not even a side look. Even when she asks her who to go first in the car, which is atrocious in my view, even then she waiver her hand to tell her to go in but did not look at her. I'd say HM is a virtuoso. She's the actress that Meghan would never be.
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2018, 01:47:48 pm »

^, ^^, ^^^  This makes the most sense to me.  The look on the queen's face during the wedding ceremony was noticed and this engagement should calm done those who thought it was a reflection of how she feels about Markles.  As usual, the queen is taking the long view and wishes to tone down the suggestions that she has been racist and/or snobby toward Meghan.  This is the queen being the professional that she is.  Markles, on the other hand, didn't look professional at all.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2018, 03:23:34 pm »

Why Harry would marry this person is beyond me. He’s brought his family into the sewer.
https://jerseydeanne.tumblr.com/image/174910071101
https://jerseydeanne.tumblr.com/image/174910014286
https://78.media.tumblr.com/5dd236ee35a838dc7edb67cebea8d335/tumblr_pacvdoaIk31xpn99lo2_1280.jpg
https://jerseydeanne.tumblr.com/post/174913421516/sbs-world-news-here-in-australia-had-a-segment-on
He’s seriously going to drag this mess to his beloved vets to Australia to the IG.
There has to be a bigger picture than what’s being played out here because his is nuts. She looks manic, unkept and can’t seem to keep her mouth shut.  bored3
So will he really bring her to Ascot and put up with her in the royal enclosure and meet Trump during his to the UK in July? As much as I would like to see her mess up that encounter, I’d prefer if she’s done and dusted by then as her continued presence in the royal family’s sinking them further into the sewers with no way out.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 03:30:32 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Cali San D
courtier

« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2018, 03:51:00 pm »

^That first link you posted showed that Megs' cape was removable. I'm crazy for thinking that it wasn't.  tehe

Why couldn't she just wear a blazer like a normal person?  sly

And why is she sitting so low in the chair in this picture? wtf blink dontknow
https://78.media.tumblr.com/5dd236ee35a838dc7edb67cebea8d335/tumblr_pacvdoaIk31xpn99lo2_1280.jpg
sandy
Princess

« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2018, 04:15:58 pm »

Why Harry would marry this person is beyond me. He’s brought his family into the sewer.
https://jerseydeanne.tumblr.com/image/174910071101
https://jerseydeanne.tumblr.com/image/174910014286
https://jerseydeanne.tumblr.com/post/174913421516/sbs-world-news-here-in-australia-had-a-segment-on
He’s seriously going to drag this mess to his beloved vets to Australia to the IG.
There has to be a bigger picture than what’s being played out here because his is nuts. She looks manic, unkept and can’t seem to keep her mouth shut.  bored3
So will he really bring her to Ascot and put up with her in the royal enclosure and meet Trump during his to the UK in July? As much as I would like to see her mess up that encounter, I’d prefer if she’s done and dusted by then as her continued presence in the royal family’s sinking them further into the sewers with no way out.

They were in the sewer before Meghan came along. IMO. She does not have the hyena smiles that Kate does, I don't find her as scary looking.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2018, 07:18:02 pm »

^To me, they were on top with Diana then Charles pulled them towards the sewer with one foot in. Wills put the other foot in the sewer with Waity and began the decent but Harry pulled them right down to the depths of the sewer with his Soho Househo with no way out unless something’s revealed to make this whole situation make sense such as tightening the way the royal family security deals with women and hangers on use the royal family for fame and business deals.
With a little help from Her Majesty's friends: How the Queen lent Meghan her key aides to ensure their royal away day was a massive success
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5847291/How-Queen-lent-Meghan-key-aides.html
Success in what way? She looked a mess and didn’t know what to do. She seemed to have been talking way too much and when she finally did shut her mouth, she looked disinterested. A larger issue is at play here. It could be how the royal family’s perceived as a fare and inclusive family or something else.

https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/image/174920245293

https://t.umblr.com/redirect?
z=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FMirrorRoyal%2Fstatus%2F1007257177344626688&t=MzczZWY1ZWM4ZTNmYjdhMmM5MWM2YjZmMGQ4NGVkN2RmODNmMWU0Miw0cktRUWhWMg%3D%3D&b=t%3A1PuaSAOfjcMjxmp7aBHiNw&p=https%3A%2F%2Fskippyisheretostay.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F174920109423%2Fmirror-royal-on-twitter

https://78.media.tumblr.com/c36c2e109d37d4e1b0f423ff6f36bc00/tumblr_pad7o8BJeE1x9ouhzo1_250.png
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 07:25:59 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2018, 07:24:07 pm »

^^Her teeth are substandard.  Her veneers were not done well but she’s stuck with them and will never have natural teeth again. They file down the natural tooth to a pointed stub and put those ghastly things over.  That’s the method they used here.  You can tell easily because they push out, are too lined up and have the fake “look” unlike other more superior methods available.  Very expensive to do it right but she didn’t.

Spare a thought for those of us with veneers! I have one on my front tooth because of an accident as a child (can’t afford a replacement at present) and it makes me very self conscious.  sob
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2018, 07:26:51 pm »

^Of course I do!  That’s what veneers were created for.  Not for a full mouth of them.  Don’t feel self conscious; it’s a way to protect your entire bite wing. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2018, 01:02:08 am »

@RE_DailyMail
Prince Harry is the “best husband ever” Meghan Markle proclaimed with a smile today.
She told wellwishers married life was ‘wonderful’, saying: ‘I’m really enjoying it. He’s the best husband ever.’ All together now, ah!

'He's the best husband!' Loved-up Meghan gushes about Prince Harry as she greets well-wishers in Chester – and says married life is 'wonderful'

laugh  laugh

Third time or in this case third marriage is always the charm!
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2018, 05:09:52 pm »

Maybe she says that about each husband after they're married. But let's face it PH is giving the Duchess of Kardashia a very good life.

The only constant is change.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2018, 11:11:56 pm »

Unless something is definitively found, there was only one previous marriage for Meghan. The royals are sticklers and would certainly duly record on her page that she was married twice. It's very difficult to hide an extra husband.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2018, 01:47:25 pm »

why is meg getting such preferential treatment that no royal wife has ever gotten before...and allowing her to break protocols, and HM laughing with her, what are they besties now? it's hard to watch.
meg looks like a slob btw

thumbsdown

We had the same with Kate when she married in. They have to show support whether they like the new addition or not, anything to gloss over rifts and protect the crown & establishment.

I liked M's outfit at this engagement and she didn't wear a near mini skirt like K to hers when she married in and was with Liz & Phil someplace for trains I think in that teal outfit (by LK Bennett?).

^ And she should know all about husbands and ranking them  laugh having been married more than once before and having had ample experience with men who go to gentlemans clubs, according to the press.

so true I thought the same easter-lol also they've been married all of 5 min, of course it's all bliss X-Mas_rolleyes

The hair was a total mess. At least M doesn't seem to gurn. Those earrings are classic, you can buy such a pair from most jeweller's and Liz has many things several times over. eg countless string pearls, pearl earrings, just like K: all the same style, a 100 fold over. Partly inherited, gifted etc. So she can hand out earrings like those like they are candy, she has so many and as I said you can still buy pairs like these at any corner, they are a classic design that won't go out of fashion or disappear.

The article on Liz's supposed nickname being "mama" is utter bs, Diana may have called her that, but she was literally Diana's mother (i.e. "mama") in law, of course she called her that, back in the day people called their parents-in-law "mum" and "dad" (or variations of that: mama, mummy, mother, papa, daddy, father....) and a number of people still do. It's hardly the go-to "nickname" for any dweeb marrying in or anyone in the family. Bill allegedly calls Mike "dad", is that now Mike's nickname for everyone?

^^Her teeth are substandard.  Her veneers were not done well but she’s stuck with them and will never have natural teeth again. They file down the natural tooth to a pointed stub and put those ghastly things over.  That’s the method they used here.  You can tell easily because they push out, are too lined up and have the fake “look” unlike other more superior methods available.  Very expensive to do it right but she didn’t.

That's why veneers are imo literally the worst thing ever and the worst you can do to your teeth. They also have to be replaced at some point and I just don't understand people ruining their natural teeth in favour of these fake things they'll be reliant on for the rest of their life. I thought you got them over yours and end off, you could take them off any time etc, but nope! Ruin yours first and then have these...
Necessity is one thing, but doing this for vanity? smh. thumbsdown

We look down on fashions of the past, what Egyptians used to do, or beauty ideals and "treatments" in the Renaissance or Victorian age, but in how far are we better? What's out there now and people do is just as bad and in ways worse, because we have modern dentistry, etc etc and yet so many ruin their natural teeth with whitening procedures, veneers, grills, ruin their hair with weaves, extensions, bleach, their skin with tanning (booths), spray tans.. and they all look hideous and so much worse than "before"!!
sandy
Princess

« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2018, 11:07:36 pm »

the royals have unfortunate looking teeth. Meghan won't stand out from them.
Val
Princess

« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2018, 07:41:29 am »

Teeth with veneers look exactly like over white tombstones in mass graveyards, so unattractive.
Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2018, 05:05:27 pm »

Maybe she says that about each husband after they're married.

Well, if your first two marriages do not succeed then try try try try try try try try try try again.  tehe
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: