Royal Gossip
June 25, 2018, 02:55:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: June 14 Day of engagements  (Read 4157 times)
Pepe Le Skew
Baroness

Is he nice? ~ Markles

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2018, 03:51:54 pm »

I believe the body language will tell the story of this engagement. She may well like Meghan’s confidence and love of dogs, or this could be an intensive on “how to royal.”  And how not to royal.

tehe

\\\\\\\"William was introduced to Mr and Mrs (Ralph) Lauren, and immediately apologised for the Duchess\\\\\\\'s absence. He said: \\\\\\\'I\\\\\\\'m sorry my wife\\\\\\\'s not here, you probably would far rather you saw my wife.\\\\\\\' \\\\\\\'Not at all,\\\\\\\' said Mr Lauren.\\\\\\\"
Kins
courtier

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2018, 05:05:17 pm »

^^Oh how fun for Meggles...a sleepover with the QUEEN! Wonder if Jessica M. picked out some on-brand' jammies for her to wear for the late night girl talk  laugh
Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2018, 07:31:15 pm »

^ I wonder if they will do each other's hair and talk about BOYS!  The Queen can talk about her many years of marriage.  Meghan can talk about her many marriages over the years.  The Queen will count on one hand and one finger the only man she ever slept with.  Meghan will use all her fingers and toes to count the number men she has slept with before marrying Harry.  Just a fun girls night.

This will be interesting.  Up until now, Meghan has been living in a "Princess Delusion" but now she is a member of the RF and the real work is about to begin.  Let's see if these engagements with the Queen go better than the Garden Party disaster.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2018, 07:40:06 pm »

Sorry but why is the fact that the Queen is old justifying this ridiculously expensive travel? The Queen should be given the opportunity of travelling first class in a train (a carriage to herself) or by car. If she refuses, she should pay for her own train. As a British taxpayer I don't see why I should contribute to a short trip on a ludicrously opulent train, no matter how old she is.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2018, 08:30:42 pm »

^^I don't think murky has enough fingers and toes!!!

^ I agree totally. She needs to travel in comfort as an s lady but this is ridiculous. The NHS is creaking on it's death bed, appointments to see some consultants are for NEXT year the situation is so bad. But if course the RF don't use that so why should they care
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2018, 09:14:48 pm »

^^  & ^ I agree. Comfy travel for her is absolutely fine, but it would be cheaper if she travelled the day before, slept in a hotel and then came back. Also even more comfy and easier than the charade with the train, after all the private train will depart the evening before and travel up until 1h to Chester, stop there at a "secret location" and stay overnight, then complete the last leg of the journey (the 1h) shortly before they are due to appear. A lot of kerfuffle that doesn't have to be, and also a fairly short train journey, it's not like they'll travel for 1000s of miles in that.

Chester - London by train
"The average journey time between Chester and London Euston is 2 hours 8 minutes. The fastest journey time is 2 hours 4 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 48 trains per day travelling from Chester to London Euston. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays"

So again, why that kerfuffle with the overnight train? They're not driving down to the south of France for crying out loud, but to Chester which is 2hrs away by train. How they manage to justify their bs is beyond me. They could travel on the day itself by car, much cheaper, faster, and very comfy.

.This is ridculous. Basically they'll drive 1h, stay on the tracks on the side for the night, then continue the last 1h. Lizzie will even take her bath at 7.30.

Lizzie is very frugal and does not like any fuss on her behalf at all. Oh look! A pig just flew by my window!

PS Also the journey by this train might take longer than a normal train, as it is 1. very old, so no speeding train 2. has to slowly drive 7.30 - 8 so Liz can take her bath without spilling the bathwater.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 09:16:35 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
logically
courtier

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2018, 10:17:55 pm »

well if the train is pulled over and they are trapped in it for a night with no hotel staff and limited access to social media there can be some frank discussions with Murkle and no one would hear.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2018, 10:59:59 pm »

I’m finding this entire situation stupid. Firstly, Harry brought this Soho House alley cat in as his future wife. So since the engagement, she was left and even encouraged to be her nauseating attention seeking self that wants to push her agenda on people and to shake up the monarchy. She pushes ahead of Harry and has interrupted Kate and I believe walked ahead of Camilla during the garden party that Charles ended up having enough and tossed her and Harry out. Bottom line is that she’s been left to do her own thing and now it’s up to the queen to teach her how to behave during royal engagements. What happened to the woman, Samantha, that was supposed to be teaching her? It’s all quite ludicrous and further makes the royal family look like they’re being blackmailed or coerced into this situation because all it looks like is them bending over backwards to appease a foreigner and a floozy who has high expectations of herself.
The trip is only a 2 hour one from London via the train. A trip for Meghan to travel back to the US would be an overnight one.

Keep Calm and Carry On
marion
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2018, 07:33:43 am »

^But a better trip for us in the UK as long as it's one-way
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2018, 08:41:21 am »

@Grey Mare  The Queen will count on one hand and one finger the only man she ever slept with.  I rather suspect HM needs more than one finger on one hand to count who she slept with.  It is alleged that andy and eddie each have a different father, and there has been much said about alleged male "companions" over the years.  Can´t say I blame her, phil was always off womanising, why should she not have some "fun".  Oh what fun that family are  -  spo high and mighty and yet when you get down to the nitty gritty they must be one of the most dysfunctional families in the UK.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2018, 03:42:00 pm »

well if the train is pulled over and they are trapped in it for a night with no hotel staff and limited access to social media there can be some frank discussions with Murkle and no one would hear.

That's exactly what I think it's for.  To pull Murky right into line.  I mean, would you want to spend a night with the new boss if the new boss was HM?  I sure wouldn't.  Not if I was Meggles.  nervous

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2018, 04:58:21 pm »

^ Agree with both of you.   She will be in the company of the queen for hours and it would be hard for her to keep up an act for so long.  I think the Queen wants to get a sense of who she really is and 'guide' her accordingly.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2018, 08:05:45 pm »

Pity she doesn't "guide " her back to where she came from and tell Harry of that's what he wants he can go with her
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2018, 08:34:27 pm »

^One can only hope..... thumbsup
marion
Duchess

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2018, 10:29:49 pm »

^ hell is more likely to freeze over !!!
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2018, 09:04:15 pm »

Inside the royal train where Meghan will join the Queen for a sleepover this evening (but it's not as glam as it used to be!)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5840795/Meghan-joins-Queen-sleepover-OVERNIGHT-journey.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2018, 09:34:46 pm »

I still don't understand why a quick 2hr journey has to be overnight. I'd imagine sleeping on the train, showering/ bathing, getting dressed etc (in spite of full amenities) is quite a hassle and it would be easier to simply get up earlier (or not start the engagements so early) and travel up by regular train or car.

Liz is as frugal as the rest of her ilk.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2018, 10:00:31 pm »

Maybe she wants to get murky on her own and give her acright royal talking to?!! There'll be no escape for murky once she's on that train
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2018, 11:16:19 pm »

^You and I are on the same wavelength.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2018, 11:17:55 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5843387/amp/Meghan-Markle-Queen-arrive-Cheshire.html?__twitter_impression=true

I saw the photos and I missed Kate. Im converting as a fan...

And where is her hat?huhhuhhuhhuhhuhhuh?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: