Royal Gossip
October 17, 2018, 06:46:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: June 14 Day of engagements  (Read 4815 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: June 04, 2018, 07:38:11 pm »

June 14 day of engagements with the Queen

Her Majesty The Queen

accompanied by The Duchess of Sussex, will officially open the Mersey Gateway Bridge, at Catalyst Science Discovery Centre, Mersey Road, Widnes, Cheshire..
14 June 2018
Her Majesty The Queen

accompanied by The Duchess of Sussex, will officially open the Storyhouse Theatre, Hunter Street, Chester.
14 June 2018
Her Majesty The Queen

and The Duchess of Sussex will attend a lunch at Chester Town Hall, 33 Northgate Street, Chester.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 07:47:56 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
LadySnowWhite
royal watcher

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 11:15:28 pm »

I wonder if we will get cute quotes about testing the smell by smelling it, etc, as well with this one.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 01:44:54 am »

I'm just praying we don't get the overtalking with the hands.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Kins
courtier

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 01:47:01 am »

^Was thinking that too. What is it with the over animation?
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 09:38:09 am »

Merching Birks or whoever has produced the replica of the ring.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 09:56:30 am »

I'm just praying we don't get the overtalking with the hands.

Or the never ending rambling from her mouth.  easter-lol

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 04:51:19 pm »

Or hanging onto the Queen as she does with Harry sigh
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 05:24:31 pm »

If she tries, there will be an imprint of a Launer bag on her face.

I haven't played since I stopped
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 06:15:19 pm »

I'd love to see that!! laugh
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 06:18:16 pm »

It doesn’t matter what she does because she’s apparently married into the family unless it comes out that the celebrity wedding/Royal Wedding isn’t legal. For some unsightly reason, this woman who uses people and plays victim despite claiming herself to be a humanitarian and a feminist is in the royal family and can pretty much do as she pleases just as she has since day one that she was linked to Harry. An upstart tart like her can walk in front of the queen and cut her off in mid sentence and just plane ignore her. What’s the queen going to do? What’s Harry going to do? Nothing. Charles kicked her out of the garden party yet she gets rewarded with a few engagements with the queen.
The royal family looks pretty stupid and weak really because of what she’s been doing and Harry looks like a hypocrite for saying one thing but ends up with someone like her who’s only self serving. It’ll be great if the truth about why she’s been given so many allowances like no one else before, but i’m not holding my breath for that and expect to see her with the queen next week and possibly at Trooping of Colour on Saturday. It must be something so massive and fowl though to tolerate Meghan and her family and the further deterioration of what the royal family used to be. It’ll be great if she has to go back to the States to answer to the IRS and immigration and she gets stuck there.  eating cookies
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 06:22:17 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 06:41:21 pm »

^I don't think these outings with the Queen are a reward. I see it as the equivalent of the kid who won't stop misbehaving, so she gets stuck hanging out with the teacher during the entire field trip.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 07:09:55 pm »

^to me it’s s reward because the queen’s the top dog so to speak. The queen has far better and important things to do than try and teach a Soho House ally cat how to behave. Most people would think it’s a honor for the queen to make time to see them, so by the queen lowering herself to squire this woman around and have to put up with her pretentious behavior is punishment for the queen but great bragging rights for the strumpet.
The DM has an article about tax dodgers in California. I hope her name pops up on the list and it should be bye bye Meghan and the queen’s engagement.  eating cookies

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 07:53:13 pm »

It's not a reward, they're doing the same as with K back then: show unity, that she's "welcome" and "accepted", also a chance for Liz to measure her up "on duty" with her own eyes. As I said with K, they did several "family" events (K with Liz & Cam, Liz & Phil, Chuck) also for a horse & pony show in the 1st year of a "welcome" and for the Winds to show how they take new members under their wing (as if!) and to measure the newbie up and then wash their hands off them. No one bothered with Kate after the 1st year, and no one will bother with Murky after her 1st year. Expect more events when Murky is with some family member (best of all with her fil, Chuck) and then they'll all make a disappearance act and disinfect their hands. Modus operandi for now (- MO of the 2010s? new MO? no clue. I know no one helped Diana, Fergie was the same era, how was it with Soph & Camz?).

In some ways they have learnt from Diana, behind closed doors they're likely exactly the same, but in public they'll do anything to look good, that includes "welcoming" new members, and also they have to put their best foot forward with someone who cries wolf racism every time the slightest thing doesn't go their way.

They have to look modern, PC, inclusive and welcoming and play up the "happy family" facade. Behind it war could be raging, the public won't know.

Also Di's ex secretary and people who used to work for them who speak from time to time (specifically Di's ex sec in that piece before the wedding as advice for M) wrote loud and clear that behind closed doors members face backstabbing, gossip, power plays and pulls and whatnot. It's as bad as it always was with a load of shyte going on. No wonder Bill's losing his hair quicker than her can sue. Now watch H's hair following quickly suit! (I don't know what it is, but I've noticed several men who're in the public eye look dreadful after tying the knot... blink )

^ Besides, Liz is famous for being an ostrich, come on!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 07:59:08 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2018, 01:50:49 am »

More details via Rebecca English about the Chester engagements. They will be travelling together on the Royal train and disembarking at Runcorn Station.

Rebecca says the Royal train will be an eye opener for Meghan. It's been used about 19 times in the last twelve months and is generally reserved for the Queen, Duke, Charles and Camilla. She states that she doesn't believe Harry or William have been on it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/1004036579852050432?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2018, 03:32:38 am »

Meghan’s the choo-choo-chosen one! The Queen invites the newest Royal onto her official train - where Harry, William and Kate still aren’t allowed
Only the most senior members of the Royal Family – namely the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall - are entitled to use it.
Not even Meghan’s husband, Prince Harry, or the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are ever believed to have used it in an official capacity.
Last year royals travelled on the distinctive liveried train just 14 times at a cost of £900,000 to taxpayers.
Buckingham Palace officials admit it is expensive, but say the Queen, 92, finds it more comfortable to use on overnight on long-distance journeys.
Harry and Meghan will grace the balcony with other senior royals during the celebration, which marks the Queen’s 92nd birthday.
Prince Harry and his new wife will also finally appear on Buckingham Palace's balcony as they attend the Trooping the Colour on Saturday after they broke with royal tradition an married outside London.
A royal source told Mirror Online: 'There will be huge interest in seeing the newlyweds after the magic of their wedding.
'The balcony appearance is the perfect symbol of how Meghan has been welcomed into the family.'
The newlyweds have not been seen since attending Prince Charles’ 70th birthday three days after their wedding on May 19.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5810511/Queen-invites-newest-Royal-official-train-honour-Harry-William-Kate-arent-afforded.html
This is getting beyond crazy now. I thought the train was decomissioned and when used, it was for overnight trips. Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to take the helicopter?  huh Why's the royal family killing this upstart with kindness when she's not a kind person herself?  bored3
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 03:40:02 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
marion
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 04:33:48 am »

This is a whole lot if fuss about nothing. Of course murky will be on the train , it's a joint engagement. However I do think it's a scandalous cost at a time of austerity.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2018, 08:06:00 am »

I think it’s disgusting that they’re taking this train for a day trip at a time of austerity. Who do the RF think they are? As for Meggles, I think they are working overtime to make it look like she’s been accepted into the RF.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2018, 08:28:12 am »

Well, it is the Queen who's taking the train, which at 92 I guess she prefers to the helicopter, and she is the Head of State.
And for all we know, she may well like Meghan. The Queen's corgis like her, the Queen had Guy the beagle in her Range Rover just before the wedding, and she has chosen to travel with Meghan to Chester to perform engagements together, not said we'll take the heli, but has given her new granddaughter in law a ride with her in the Royal train, something Kate has never experienced.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2018, 03:11:48 pm »

I also thought the "royal" private train was decommissioned ages ago??

Also it's a lot of fuss over nothing that major, the train was to my knowledge decommissioned, but in any case is used rarely, obv 1st year operations for Murky ("family support"), and they are traveling the way Liz wants. Liz isn't going to slum it if she doesn't want to (or can't, let's be fair, she's fcking old) just because she has to schlepp Murky along on an engagement she's been booked for a year ago. It is still Liz's engagement, Murky is just accompanying her.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2018, 03:45:38 pm »

Meghan Markle to spend OVERNIGHT with Queen as pair travel to Cheshire on royal train

MEGHAN Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, is to spend the night with the Queen when she travels overnight to Cheshire on the Royal Train. Prince Harry’s grandmother has asked her new American granddaughter-in-law to join her for a day of engagements next Thursday.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/970369/Queen-elizabeth-meghan-markle-royal-train-cheshire

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: