Royal Gossip
November 21, 2018, 06:38:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sussex's Staff  (Read 3541 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2018, 01:49:02 am »

resigned. KP did say a few month back that he was leaving at summers end

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2018, 01:55:37 am »

@CepeSmith
CC 12/9 The Duke and Duchess of Sussex this afternoon received Mr Edward Lane Fox upon relinquishing his appointment as Private Secretary to Their Royal Highnesses.

It could be a little bit of both, he was driven to quit by the antics of the ducal couple. I think both Harry and Meg have not been actually doing any office work and have been too busy 'being hip' to actually take office work seriously and listen as officials try to brief them on information they need to know.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2018, 02:06:45 am »

^^Thanks. Fly.  This may have been a temporary assignment to see if a good fit and/or he found a better gig.

OR, the Sussexes are impossible.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2018, 07:25:15 pm »

^ My money is on impossible. Exhibit A: mini dress "meeting with a client" style for a theater performance, Exhibit B: wearing all black to meet terminally ill kids, Exhibit C: autumn colors during the heatwave of the century in UK etc. etc. 
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2018, 08:28:27 pm »

^Lets not forget the constant PR games that are being played.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2018, 08:46:47 pm »

Or how after Harry was seen as a working royal who was deservedly getting good press for his charaties, especially IG, all that came crashing down thanks to being linked to an aging vapid American actress who's now, thanks to Harry, brought the royal family straight down into the sewers and a complete laughing stock as someone like her’s consisted royalty. 

Keep Calm and Carry On
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2018, 09:58:35 pm »

Couldn't have described this mess any better, Windsor2!
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2018, 04:49:43 pm »

^thanks.  Hi

This is odd as I've not seen a mistake like this before.  eating cookies

12 September 2018
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Duchess of Sussex this afternoon received Mr. Edward Lane Fox upon relinquishing his appointment as Private Secretary to Their Royal Highnesses.
https://www.royal.uk/court-circular

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2018, 04:54:04 pm »

^I’ve seen grammatical errors before from them but this is kind of funny.  She does have that hard to define forgettable quality.  tehe

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2018, 02:43:25 am »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6373969/EDEN-CONFIDENTIAL-Palace-shock-Meghan-Markles-closest-aid-quits-job-months-wedding.html

And now Meggles' Assistant has up and quit!  Such turmoil at the Sussex Household!   loveshower
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2018, 02:48:42 am »

EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Palace shock as Meghan Markle's closest aide quits her job just six months after royal wedding
Working for the Duchess of Sussex must be one of the most glamorous jobs, so how surprising to discover that she’s apparently struggling to hold on to key staff members.
I can disclose that Meghan’s personal assistant has quit suddenly, just six months after the American actress married into the Royal Family.

‘It’s a real shock,’ a source tells me.

‘Why would she want to leave such a prestigious job so soon?’
A Kensington Palace spokesman declines to comment on the departure of the PA, whose name is given only as Melissa. However, in a highly unusual move, a Palace source has been authorised to pay tribute to her.

‘Melissa is a hugely talented person,’ the source says. ‘She played a pivotal role in the success of the Royal Wedding and will be missed by everyone in the Royal Household.’

Melissa had to deal with the traumatic build-up to Meghan and Prince Harry’s wedding in May, in which the Duchess’s father, Thomas Markle, gave a running commentary to journalists on the likelihood of his attending the ceremony.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6373969/EDEN-CONFIDENTIAL-Palace-shock-Meghan-Markles-closest-aid-quits-job-months-wedding.html
Let’s hope the rest follows suit. I can’t imagine the stress that this woman must’ve been under working for Meghan and not getting any satisfaction of doing worthwhile work. Good for her.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2018, 02:49:56 am »

Melissa who? Samantha Cohen is Meghan's Private Secretary, Amanda Pickerell is her assistant PS. So whoever this person is, and the Fail isn't even bothering with her surname, describing her as Meghan's closest aide is more than a bit of an exaggeration.

Whoever she is (and she's clearly not that high on the totem pole) why should this be on Meghan?  People quit their jobs for all sorts of reasons, serious illness, stress, pregnancy, a better offer, relocation to a new address, wedding, not getting on with other members of staff, a thousand and one things.
sanka
royal watcher

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2018, 03:10:15 am »

Had a chuckle with 'Why would she want to leave such a prestigious job so soon?'

I would hardly consider working for this pair prestigious  snob

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2018, 03:16:04 am »

^I certainly wouldn’t. 

^^^This doesn’t surprise me even the teensiest little bit.  She apparently hasn’t changed or improved along with her circumstances. 

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2018, 03:21:03 am »

This is the list of people working in SENIOR positions at the KP office as of this year. This site (Gerts Royals) resets this every year. As is stated those names coloured AND underlined are still there as of 2018. Melissa who?

http://gertsroyals.blogspot.com/2015/03/william-and-catherines-staff.html
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2018, 11:35:52 am »

Could be: Melissa, one of many who can't find working for the duo prestigious or worth the hassle. Thinking of the article where QE had to talk to Harry about her Megan is treating Her employees here... Maybe Harry didn't protect the employees from Megan's "style of working" and they ran for the hills screaming.  laugh Speculating, of course.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2018, 03:07:53 pm »

The Times confirming the story...

https://twitter.com/valentinelow/status/1061239597684981760?s=19

https://twitter.com/valentinelow/status/1061245578292674565?s=19

If anyone can copy the valentine low tweets, thank you. The times will not publish this unless 100% sure and Harry seems to be at fault too.

https://twitter.com/valentinelow/status/1061241954426609664?s=19
https://twitter.com/valentinelow/status/1061264457433784321?s=19

https://twitter.com/valentinelow/status/1061267224663650304?s=19

Maybe confirming it is Eugenie tiara. This also gives us another view on the pregnancy announcement, was it done in revenge? Sad if it is true because Eugenie and Harry had a good relationship and both Yorks had great relations with his previos gf. Another poster said that Maybe Meghan was shown this but then they told her no. It is another alternative on why Harry had a tantrum so maybe there was a mistake. But Im very sure Eugenie jad her tiara chosen way before.

Also it is funny to me because Megha doesnt suit emeralds imo. Her diamond one suits her much better.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2018, 03:27:26 pm »

On another forum it states that The Times article, like other tabloids, refers back to The Sun as its source. Someone there read the article in The Times.  Every single other tabloid that this story has escaped to is covering its a**e by referring back to the Sun as original source.

Also, on his Twitter Valentine Low tried to contact a woman on Twitter who is an expert on the Queen'd jewellery and its provenance, who made it clear she didn't believe the story. Valentine was reduced to saying 'That's your privilege...dah de dah' and begging her to follow him so he can Direct message her.

And I reiterate what I said in a previous post. The Queen just doesn't tick off family in front of staff. Never has done, even with Fergie. And if HM were concerned about the veil being worn why was it featured prominently in an exhibition at WC and in a documentary about the Queen and the Commonwealth. 
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2018, 03:36:34 pm »

Valentine Low said on twitter that he confirmed the story with a person he trusts. Sorry but I dont see the Times publoshing this because the Sun did?!  He even says the source was surprised about it. And also it doesnt mean the Queen told him to back off in public but those things end up being known.

I saw that he contacted orderofsplendor which is not surprising because he seems to know zero on tiaras and she is an expert. 

But thr point he was making was not about the tiaras which may have happend one way or another. What he confirmed is that Harry had a tantrum and that both he and Meghan treats the staff badly. And both should know better.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2018, 03:54:19 pm »

That is indeed odd because chefs, Paul Burrell and others employed at KP have always said that, in contrast to people like Andrew for example, both Charles's sons always had excellent manners.

Journalists back each other up. There were tweets from Dan Wootton (he of the Mulroney free Jaguar story he hasn't written about since) to Richard Eden congratulating him on 'a brilliant story'. And this member of staff (unnamed of course, like the mysterious Melissa no-surname) knew every single detail of what the Queen had to say, according to the Sun newspaper. Odd, unless the staff member was lying under a sofa somewhere near!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: