Royal Gossip
May 25, 2019, 10:58:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sussex's Staff  (Read 11383 times)
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2019, 07:06:21 am »

Meghan Markle hit by ANOTHER RESIGNATION - Duchess could lose third aide in six months

However, there is now speculation surrounding Meghan’s rumoured personality clash with the protection officer, according to the Sunday Times.

A source told the paper Meghan’s desire to be seen as “one of the people” has challenged her team.

They said: “Unlike someone who has grown up in the royal family and has been used to having close protection from an early age, it can be constraining.

“Even though she was a famous actress, she could still do what she wanted in the way of getting around freely.

“But in her current role she can’t go anywhere without her protection team, and that’s a massive constraining force on an individual like her.”

The bodyguard, who wishes to remain anonymous, has been described as “brilliant” by her fellow colleagues and is said to be moving away from her job in the Metropolitan Police.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1071348/meghan-markle-duchess-sussex-news-bodyguard-resign-six-month

So much for her being a champion for women.. This is the 3rd woman that has left; the personal assistant, Samantha Cohen and now protection officer.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2019, 10:55:52 am »

In the article it states that this woman is not only leaving the Royal Protection Squad but Scotland Yard and the London Metropolitan Police Force. So it appears she has made a decision to leave police work behind altogether, hardly something to hold Meghan responsible for.

And Samantha Cohen, the interim Private Secretary appointed when ELF left, is still employed at KP, until at least March.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2019, 01:31:06 pm »

Meghan's bodyguard to quit after just six months in the job - weeks after her PA walked out - as protection officers 'find the Duchess's wish to be "one of the people" challenging'
The highly regarded inspector was the first woman to have held such a key role in keeping members of the Royal Family safe.

She played a critical role in whisking Meghan away from a crowded market in Fiji following security concerns.

But last night, after about only six months in the position, it was reported that she is resigning from Scotland Yard.

Last night, sources said that the inspector, who is not being named, is leaving the Metropolitan Police. Insiders say that although she had not clashed with Meghan, it has been challenging for personal protection officers to accommodate her wish to be seen as ‘one of the people’.

Last night, sources said that the inspector, who is not being named, is leaving the Metropolitan Police. Insiders say that although she had not clashed with Meghan, it has been challenging for personal protection officers to accommodate her wish to be seen as ‘one of the people’.

It comes after Meghan was said to be feeling 'miserable' in her new role as duchess while Harry is 'racked with guilt'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6586135/Meghans-bodyguard-quit-just-six-months-job.html

It’s the top article on the FM site now. The situation seems suspect that she’s leaving the police force altogether. Why take on such a responsibility onlyvto leave 2 months later unless she was asked to leave.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:39:05 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2019, 02:00:45 pm »

^There are very few reasons to leave the force after a two month assignment.  Fatally ill, won the lottery or received a huge "bonus". I'd add getting married/moving or fired for misbehavior but they'd have announced that.  Didn't happen.  I'll go with the paid off.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2019, 02:53:02 pm »

I'm going to guess that Megan is a wretched creature to work for

The only constant is change.
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2019, 04:35:22 pm »

The Cambs's staff used to leave quickly, but nothing ever this bad. It's like there's a revolving door at the Ssex's house.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2019, 06:20:14 pm »

I wish Colin Campbell could be left out of these articles as a "source". She was never a confidante of Diana. She made up stories. She even cribbed from Kitty Kelly's book the royals.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2019, 09:08:11 pm »

No one seems to want to work for M.... could the rumors that she's short fused and disrespectful be true?

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2019, 09:37:56 pm »

This Telegraph article reaffirms that this police officer is leaving KP on good terms with the Sussexes and for reasons unconnected with them. If it was to do with Meghan and Harry then she would just have asked for a transfer. In fact she's leaving the police force altogether (maybe to do high level security work for London firms or banks as a lot of police on her level do, or to try something new, or for private reasons.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2019/01/13/duchess-sussexs-female-bodyguard-leaves-less-year/
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2019, 10:13:19 pm »

Too many excuses but people keep quitting on M. "Good terms" most likely means a huge "stay mum after you leave" package.. Cool

High staff turnover is a tell tale sign that the employers are not worth it no matter the price.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2019, 10:21:20 pm »

No one seems to want to work for M.... could the rumors that she's short fused and disrespectful be true?

I think she treat her employees like Meryl Streep does to her employees on The Devil Wears Prada. Cavalier, insulting, comes into her office expecting everyone to scurry away and I'm sure she has verbally abused staff.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sanka
courtier

« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2019, 12:45:15 am »

The articles keep indicating that she is leaving the police force. However, I would question a high turnover of highly qualified staff in such a short period of time.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2019, 01:02:54 am »

^I keep wondering why someone would take a high level job like that if they were going to leave the force in a month or two.  Nobody makes those decisions lightly or overnight, barring a crisis.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2019, 01:43:04 am »

^^ I am convinced it is not something completely unrelated with the difficulty of working for MM.
Servant stock-turned-queen over night is hardly ever good news.
People with chips on the shoulder who manage to catapult themselves to great heights are very unlikely to know how to employ their newly found power in relation to their subordinates.

I would not at all be shocked to know she treats everyone below her like a diva. This is what people like her do when given the chance. That's to be expected.   

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
sandy
Princess

« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2019, 01:49:31 am »

I don't think Meghan is "servant stock." And I also don't think necessarily being a "servant" is a disgraceful thing or should be looked down upon, it is  a way of earning money and people can do this to support themselves. "Servants" of rich people probably do well financially in any case.

She won't be a Queen and she will never turn Queen.

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2019, 07:39:30 am »

^^ Rumor has it that she's been rude and disrespectful to staff on Suits too.

^ If the rumor of M being a soho house girl is true then "servant stock" fits right in and not in a good way. Other than that I agree, an honest living is honorable.

Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2019, 01:56:31 pm »

^I keep wondering why someone would take a high level job like that if they were going to leave the force in a month or two.  Nobody makes those decisions lightly or overnight, barring a crisis.

Exactly - these choices are weeks if not months in the making. Thinking Ole Megs is not being agreeable and listening to the instructions that she needs to follow for her own safety, etc. There has be some co-operation and she doesn't get that other people need to do their work - how disagreeable it would be to work for a narc.  spy
sandy
Princess

« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2019, 02:04:16 pm »

This is all based on rumors.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2019, 02:51:11 pm »

No smoke without fire
sandy
Princess

« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2019, 02:51:41 pm »

There have been stories retracted.