Royal Gossip
June 25, 2018, 02:58:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sussex's Staff  (Read 1250 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: May 24, 2018, 03:54:03 pm »

Who is Samantha Cohen? Queen’s assistant private secretary who will teach Meghan Markle to be an effective Royal
LEARNING to be a royal is not an easy task, but thankfully Meghan will be taught by one of the Queen’s senior aides.

The former actress will learn from Samantha Cohen for six months to prepare for her new life, but what do we know about the professional?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/6365459/samantha-cohen-queens-assistant-private-secretary-meghan-markle-effective-royal/

Meghan gets the Queen's special adviser: Duchess of Sussex will spend 'six months listening' to feisty palace aide dubbed 'Samantha the Panther' to learn how to be an effective royal

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5764987/Meghan-Markle-gets-Queens-special-adviser.html#ixzz5GQmnXUlH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

@RoyalDickie
This can only be good news for the Duchess, she couldn't have a better advisor - Sam Cohen is a no nonsense lady who says it how it is

Could be a good thing that Meghan is getting Samantha C early.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 03:57:03 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 03:57:25 pm »

You're wasting your time, Samantha dear. It'd be like teaching a pig to sing.

I haven't played since I stopped
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 04:04:36 pm »

I can't help but draw comparisons to Kate. Kate married in and the Cambs's staff was all "young and fun" and we had a bitter taste of that for all the years they've been married, Bill ill-prepared (doesn't read briefings), K flashing still and always, constantly insulting foreign people (heels in Malaysia though strictly forbidden, no time for the Kiwi chief just to name 2 examples), doing all the fun, no work, terribly dressed (black, esp for children bignono ) and the list is long, you all know it well.

Now we have for the Sussexes, M in particular, a strict advisor who takes no BS and knows her stuff and has been with the Winds for a while. A woman similar to Quinn and I do find that K does a better job since Quinn's arrival (with missteps still, but well, good that there's improvement at all).

I think they are cracking the whip for Meg and the Winds seem to have learnt sth from the Cambs and their terrible performance after all. Plus Meg wants to be Diana 2.0, she knows that means getting out & about, so she probably likes this, I think she's eager to please in some ways. Cartier ain't cheap and Chuck's pockets are deep deep deep... Pippa
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 05:01:03 pm »

Knauf is apparently their pr man, what a mess he made of it with bill medd and co.  Council cath was also appointed a man, David someone or other, can´t remember his last name, and apparently she told him she did not need his help.  Wish I could remember his name.  Not a good staff so far is it.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 05:27:09 pm »

Sorry, timed out on above comment.  It was Sir David Manning for council cath.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2013051712647/kate-etiquette-instruction-david-manning/
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 05:57:12 pm »

Also she has a bad relationshi with Charles and ends uo in KP...?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 03:23:23 am »

From her humble Brisbane home to Buckingham Palace: How a small newspaper job advert helped a mother-of-three become the Queen's trusted Australian aide to teach Meghan Markle how to be a Duchess
Ms Cohen will move from Buckingham Palace to Kensington Palace, where she will spend six months with the new Duchess of Sussex.
'It will be six months of listening. She is seeking out advice from a range of people. She is going to proceed with humility. It is not going to be quiet, though. It is going to be a very busy office. She has worked every day of her life. She is used to a demanding schedule,' a source told The Times.   
She was at the royal wedding and is believed to have played a key role in preparing Meghan for a garden party at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday - the Duchess' first appearance as Her Royal Highness.
Ms Cohen is described as being 'deeply committed to serving the monarchy'.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5769587/Queen-Elizabeths-aide-Samantha-Panther-Cohen-teach-Meghan-Markle-Duchess.html#ixzz5GTXQoGsC
 huh I still don't get why a senior member of staff would waste time with Meghan. My guess is that she'll be working with the other staff members in the press office and assist with covering Wills visit to Isreal next month. Mehgan might be getting phyc evaluation r treatment during this 6 months as it looks like we wont be seeing her, I hope anyway.
^there's some tension with Charles, but might've been patched up.
She resigned 'in solidarity' with Sir Christopher Geidt, the Queen's private secretary, who suddenly announced last July he was suddenly leaving after 15 years of royal service.
Sources said he was 'forced out' because he fell out with Charles' most senior aides and Prince Andrew allegedly 'deeply dislikes him' and resented the control he had over his expenses.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5764987/Meghan-Markle-gets-Queens-special-adviser.html#ixzz5GTaU73Nk

Keep Calm and Carry On
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 11:22:23 pm »

Meet the Former Aide to the Queen Who Will Now ‘Fight Meghan’s Battles’
When Samantha Cohen starts work as Prince Harry‘s closest aide this summer, he and new wife Meghan Markle will have a perfect stalwart of royal life to guide them.
Even before the May 19 royal wedding, Cohen, 49, had already been helping Meghan, 36, with protocol at events like April’s Commonwealth meeting to “deftly” manage her new situation in the royal world, an insider says.
A former assistant private secretary to Queen Elizabeth, Cohen is adept at managing both potential intra-palace conflicts and the media. As a former press secretary to the Queen, 92, Cohen has a good working relationship with many in the U.K. press — something that will be increasingly important as the new couple make their way in the world.
“She will make sure Meghan is as happy as she can be without ruffling feathers,” a source says of the Australian-born courtier, who is well liked by both Prince William and Harry. “She will represent her voice both internally and externally and fight her battles.”
Cohen will also be on hand to help the couple as they travel on their first major foreign tour, based around the Invictus Games in Sydney, Australia, in October.
https://people.com/royals/meet-the-former-aide-to-the-queen-who-will-now-fight-meghans-battles/

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kins
courtier

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 11:27:10 pm »

^So the 'independent feminist' needs someone to fight her battles does she?
marion
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 01:42:32 am »

I thought Samantha was supposed to be teaching murky how to be a royal ( an impossible task)  not fighting battles for her? They seem to be putting a different spin on this appointment recently.

If it's true she's already been working with her pre marriage she's failed dismally. She could start by telling  murky she is not the star turn and she shouldn't turn up at events and behave as if she is. She is there to support Harry, simples.
Val
Princess

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 07:55:14 am »

^

Acting the star turn at Chaz's 70th was no doubt the reason he had her quickly hustled out of his party mid flow.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 08:03:36 am »

And the general air of superiority and disrespect that I guess the royals don't appreciate.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 02:29:52 pm »

I wonder if Sparkles is smart enough to know that "fight her battles" really means that she's just been muzzled.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 02:46:54 pm »

^ Not yet, I don't think, but she'll soon get the idea  easter-wink

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2018, 01:41:56 am »

I have a feeling Sam will be Meghan's worst nightmare. That People article is Meghan's way of saying, "Nothing to see here, folks" ...as everything around her burns.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2018, 09:19:32 pm »

Meghan Markle’s advisor makes surprise appearance during Royal Ascot carriage procession
The 49-year-old arrived in the second carriage with Mr Ian Balding, his wife Lady Emma Balding and Mr Richard Halle.
Ms Cohen will be spending six months training Meghan on everything it takes to be a member of the Royal Family.
Meghan has already held meetings with Ms Cohen and has already been seen in the background ready to jump in to help the new Duchess adjust to life as a Royal.
The interim secretary has been described as being “deeply committed to serving the monarchy”.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/978612/meghan-markle-royal-ascot-2018-samantha-cohen-the-queen-advisor-royal-news
Since Meghan looks a mess and is breaking all sorts of protocol, she’s doing a great job, hence the reward of the carriage ride in the coach right behind the queen!  eating cookies

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2018, 11:05:24 pm »

^She gets a carriage ride just for putting up with her.

I haven't played since I stopped
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2018, 01:48:05 am »

^ Samantha Cohen worked at BP for seventeen years. She reached the level of the Queen's Assistant Private Secretary before resigning out of loyalty to the then Sir Christopher Geidt, the Queen's Private Secretary who was virtually ousted in the moves last year.

Samantha was going to move on but agreed to stay on for six months as interim Secreatary and assistant to Meghan from this summer. It's only for six months though, and I really doubt that her relationship with Meghan has anything to do with her being given a carriage ride at Ascot by the Queen. IMO it's far more likely it's for seventeen years of loyal service.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: