Royal Gossip
November 19, 2018, 02:22:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 60   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Markles  (Read 37748 times)
Val
Princess

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2018, 10:16:05 pm »

The bottom line was that the RF didn't want him there anyway.  Chaz stepping in after all the uncertainty was a PR plan to make him more popular.  Most saw through it.
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2018, 10:31:53 pm »

The bottom line was that the RF didn't want him there anyway. Chaz stepping in after all the uncertainty was a PR plan to make him more popular.  Most saw through it.

Why wouldn't the RF want Megs daddy there?  eating cookies
Val
Princess

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2018, 11:02:03 pm »

Some say that they weren’t sure how he would act but others saying it was all planned so that chaz could step in and improve his popularity.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2018, 11:55:48 pm »

^^Probay Durant cut in wjtther new glamorous lifestyle.  laundry
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2018, 12:10:45 am »

^^ & ^ That's a darn shame  Angry
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2018, 01:20:43 am »

If she was that dang concerned about her father, she would carry her narrow behind down there and see about him. No ifs, ands, nor buts about it.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2018, 01:29:13 am »

Duchess Meghan’s Mom Doria Ragland’s ‘Biggest Highlight’ From the Royal Wedding Revealed
There was one moment from the weekend of the royal wedding that Duchess Meghan’s mom, Doria Ragland, will cherish forever.

Duchess Meghan’s Family
“Doria is saying the biggest highlight of the wedding, of course after watching her daughter say ‘I do’ to the man she loves, was meeting the queen,” a source tells Us Weekly exclusively. “It would have been extremely intimidating for anyone, but Meghan and Harry really did a marvelous job of preparing her [with] what to expect.”

Prince Harry, in particular, told his new mother-in-law “numerous stories about the queen as a grandmother and what she [means] to him,” the source adds.

Duchess Meghan Through the Years
The yoga instructor, 61, met Queen Elizabeth II for tea with the prince, 33, and the Suits alum, 36, at Windsor Castle in England on May 18, one day before her daughter’s nuptials.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/meghan-markles-moms-biggest-highlight-from-royal-wedding/

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2018, 01:33:20 am »

^I'm sure it was a highlight of the trip. A girl never forgets signing her first NDA.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2018, 07:16:05 pm »

Meghan Markle's father looks happy and relaxed as he recovers from heart attack which kept him from his daughter's wedding to Prince Harry

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5803695/Thomas-Markle-Sr-gets-haircut-shave-Rosarito-barbershop.html#ixzz5HTvvpT4C
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2018, 05:20:39 pm »

Why Oprah Winfrey Gave Meghan Markle’s Mom a Basket of Kumquats
Winfrey says the royal wedding was “transformative.”.

A few weeks before the royal wedding, in the real height of “Meghan mania,” when every paparazzi photo of anyone related to or connected with Meghan Markle in any way was analyzed for days on end, there was an entire news cycle based around a set of photos of Doria Ragland, Meghan’s mother, leaving Oprah Winfrey’s house. Reports at the time suggested Winfrey was trying to woo Ragland for an interview, noting that Ragland—a social worker in Los Angeles—had spent some six hours at Winfrey’s residence, and left with “gifts.” When the wedding itself came around, Winfrey was in attendance, which further fueled speculation about a potential Winfrey-Ragland sit-down (which has still yet to take place).

Well, on Monday night, Winfrey offered (some) clarification. While she did not exactly state whether or not she is in direct talks to interview either Ragland, or Prince Harry and Meghan, she stressed to Entertainment Tonight (on the red carpet of her new series, Love Is) that she was most certainly not trying to shower Ragland with presents, or bribe her in any way. They were just enjoying some kumquats—that’s all!!!!

Yes, Winfrey recounted: “The story was that Meghan’s mom had come to my house and she left laden with gifts. You know what the gifts were? First of all, she’s great at yoga, so I said, ‘Bring your yoga mat and your sneaks in case we just want to do yoga on the lawn.’ So one of the bags was a yoga mat and the other was lunch.” Winfrey explained that the pair ate a kumquat-based dessert, at which point Ragland noted her affection for the fruit: “She said, ‘I love kumquats,’ and I said, ‘I have a kumquat tree! You want some kumquats?’ So it was a basket of kumquats, people. For all of the people who said I am getting her gifts and I'm trying to bribe her for an interview—they were kumquats. If kumquats can get you an interview, I’m all for it!”

Winfrey said she would like to be Harry and Meghan’s first interview as a married couple, and said that the wedding itself felt “transformative.” She continued “It was more than a wedding, I thought. It was a cultural moment. And you could not be there or watching on television . . . and not feel that there was a shift that just happened in the middle of it.” She went on, “I think it’s bigger than them and I think it bodes well for hope for all of us.”
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/06/oprah-winfrey-doria-ragland-basket-of-kumquats-meghan-markle-royal-wedding?mbid=social_twitter

HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2018, 06:29:01 pm »

So, she just randomly called a woman she’d never met to come to her house, do yoga, and eat kumquats? Yeah ok, Oprah. *rolls eyes*

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2018, 06:53:44 pm »

^ easter-lol Seriously! It seems a pathetic way to explain Doria's time at Oprah's and squash the rumours about an interview, however not even Oprah would ultimately deny that an interview was in the making or that she tried to get Doria for an interview, she simply spun the story into some bs and said she'd like to be the 1st to have the interview with them as couple. Ding ding ding!! Just "friendliness" or because they go to the same church my a*se. This is quite an admission actually.

If H&M do an interview with Oprah, then that would be a very very bad move. But they invited a load of slebs, incl the Becks & Clooneys, so I have little hope. The interview with Doria seems to be shelved for now.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2018, 07:16:13 pm »

^I think Buck House & Clarence House nipped it in the bud. If they were to allow an interview, it would not be with an American outlet. For all intents and purposes Nutmeg is a Brit now.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2018, 07:44:00 pm »

^ I think Oprah was trying to get H&M intitially for an interview, which wasn't (still isn't) possible, so she went for the next best thing: Doria. Doria accepted early talks and prep (hence her visit to Oprah's). There was talk how BP would green light it after seeing it first. I think that was then nipped in the bid, but Oprah is obviously still hoping to get an interview with preferably H&M or Doria. Her not denying and saying she'd love H&M's 1st interview as couple speaks volumes. So for now she's diplomatic about it (in public).

I always have Oprah's early story in mind and her generosity towards her audience, but in truth she's had some failures since quitting her show and she's cutthroat. Better not get in her way.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2018, 08:11:38 am »

I cannot believe the father is still talking... he should shut up. But KP are idiots should have protect him and if necessary cash.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2018, 09:06:04 am »

@piersmorgan
BREAKING NEWS: Thomas Markle, father of Meghan, reveals exclusively to @GMB that Prince Harry told him he is ‘open to the experiment of Brexit’ and thinks President Donald Trump should be ‘given a chance’. We’ll be speaking again to Thomas live in a few minutes.

really why is he still talking? Meghan just won't talk to him now

Thomas Markle reveals he cried as he watched Duchess of Sussex wed - and claims Prince Harry 'open to Brexit'

Thomas Markle has told how he cried as he watched his daughter’s wedding on television in a small rented hide-out, in a tell-all interview in which he claims Prince Harry was "open" to Brexit.

Mr Markle, who said he was “jealous” as the Prince of Wales walked his daughter down the aisle as he was receiving treatment for a heart attack, has spoken to Good Morning Britain in an extraordinary interview detailing private political conversations.

Claiming Prince Harry had once told him to “give Donald Trump a chance”, the 73-year-old alleged the sixth-in-line to the throne had seemed “open” to the idea of Brexit.

Mr Markle told how his daughter, then actress Meghan Markle, had confided in him that she had a new boyfriend, before eventually revealing he was British, then that he was a Prince they should call “H” for security reasons.

He spoke to the Prince straight afterwards, he said, getting to know him over the telephone before giving his blessing to their marriage following their engagement in November.

“Meghan told me first and then a few times after that Harry got on the phone with her and asked for her hand over the phone,” he said.

“I said you’re a gentleman, promise me you’ll never raise a hand against my daughter and of course I give you my permission.”

Saying his new son-in-law was “great” and an “interesting guy”, Mr Markle said he “made a great pick” in his daughter, who has been a “princess since the day she was born”.

Revealed that he watched the ceremony from a television in a room rented for him by friends in California, Mr Markle said he had been “jealous” that he was left as a “footnote in history”, but felt that “thank God” The Prince of Wales, whom he has never spoken to, was there to step in.

In an interview unlikely to have been sanctioned by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex or Kensington Palace, Mr Markle said he had come to know the “smart” Prince Harry over the phone in a series of “interesting conversations” in which they allegedly discussed his private political views.

“I was complaining I didn’t like Donald Trump,” said Mr Markle. “He said give Donald Trump a chance. I sort of disagreed with that but I still like Harry. That was his politics, I have my politics.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/18/thomas-markle-describes-moment-prince-harry-asked-permission/
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 09:12:40 am by Fly on the wall » Logged

HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2018, 09:18:10 am »

^Oh, that Brexit comment is not going to go over well.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2018, 09:25:16 am »

Taking those stage pap pics was mistake bad ideas and by the looks of it he still haven't learned cause doing this interview was a mistake also when they asked Thomas should haves no.

This give Meghan even more reasons to deny her dad and the markle side of the family
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 09:27:07 am by Fly on the wall » Logged

sanka
royal watcher

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2018, 09:50:28 am »

I would have thought after the paps error in judgment that he would be overly cautious about any interaction with the media.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2018, 09:52:39 am »

All you will hear in the US in response to any criticism of Tom Markle speaking is "so what?"  This is only another example of the cultural divide between the BRF and your average US citizen.  We have, barring threatening or endangering lives, unfettered free speech especially and including politics.  For Harry and KP not to know this is beyond foolish.

Sparkles dad, from our point of view, has not said anything outrageous or unkind or alarming at all.  It's every day conversation.  Almost every single person I know has spoken to the media at some point in their lives and understands that it may not be accurate or what have you but that freedom of the press is also a "holy" institution.  Plus, we have the right of rebuttal.

Why shouldn't her father say what he has said and to whom?  There's no law against it.  The BRF may be an endangered species but they're not some special, protected human beings who need to be kept in an invisible rarefied chamber that controls every living being on the planet to protect their image.  It's ludicrous to believe that anyone from the US would think that.  We have no allegiance to them and no law prevents anyone's from saying whatever they darn well please.

Plus, the BRF are not private citizens who would be able to use libel laws.  They are funded by the taxpayer which, in our culture, allows for complete editorializing and sharing of opinions in regard to any public official who receives even a penny of our tax dollars.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 60   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: