Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 09:22:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 97   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Markles  (Read 67385 times)
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2018, 07:30:29 pm »

Thank you for the summaries! That comment on how "intelligent" M is and how she knows how to pick husbands plays exactly into her user/ climber image. Kinda confirms it.

Also how odd that M phones him to tell him she's getting married (again!), and after several phone calls with M only then does H call and "ask for permission". wtf?

By what you all write and your impressions, to me it looks like he's trying to back pedal and kinda rehab his image (due to the obvious pap walks) and alos his gaffes on blabbing about H&M's political leanings, of course making it all worse, it's best to keep your trap shut. Also again shows how odd the wedding day was. "Harry's people called to pick him up", calling bs on that because he had heart issues/ a heart attack and any *fool* knows he isn't allowed to fly under those circumstances, so this is either spin to make it look like he'd be included or H&M are callous.

And I'd say they are callous indeed, not having him visited ever since they are together and married now, his financial difficulties, his living conditions, not helping/ flouting medical advice on his heart condition.. just wow.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2018, 11:06:22 pm »

The thing is unlike our US politicians running for office, royals are not obligated to disclose financial "gifts" to relatives. Sophie probably gives her father money but she is not required to disclose this. So there is no definitive way of knowing if Harry and/or Meghan sent money to her father as a gift. I would not rule out this happening.
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2018, 11:15:46 pm »

^ If that were the case he'd imo live in a better place and not make deals with paps and TV.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2018, 11:36:19 pm »

Meghan Markle's father was paid £7,500 to tell all live on UK television just weeks after he made 'serious mistake' of posing for fake paparazzi photographs
Thomas Markle, 73, was flown by ITV's Good Morning Britain from his home in Mexico to a luxury hotel in California to discuss everything from making Harry promise never to 'raise his hand' to Meghan, to the prince's views on Brexit and Donald Trump.
The resulting furore – and his subsequent decision to pull out of giving his daughter away days before her wedding last month – prompted an unprecedented public statement by Meghan, 36.
In it she described the situation between herself and her father as 'deeply personal'.
Kensington Palace officials were deliberately kept in the dark about yesterday's TV interview so there was no opportunity to dissuade Mr Markle from taking part.
The fact that Mr Markle chose not to discuss the interview beforehand with his daughter is likely to be seen by many as suggesting their relationship is fractured in the extreme.
Royal sources have maintained, however, they have done everything they can to help and guide Mr Markle, and say he is a proud man who finds it difficult to accept assistance from his daughter.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5858345/Meghan-Markles-father-paid-7-500-reveal-details-relationship.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2018, 12:24:36 am »

It's the Markle debacle, part two! For Royal courtiers to be wrong-footed once by the Duchess of Sussex's father may be unfortunate – but twice is careless
Yesterday's Order of the Garter ceremony went like clockwork – as usual.

Even the sun peeped out to bask Windsor Castle in a golden glow as the Queen led members of the Royal Family in velvet capes and plumed hats to celebrate the ancient order of chivalry.

Such spectacular events, of course, are meticulously planned, from the parade ground perfection of the marching Blues and Royals to the crisp salutes of the white-gloved police.

They also rely on one other key ingredient – the absence of any unexpected surprise that might derail the spectacular.

And yet for the second time in little more than a month, Buckingham Palace has been caught out by the domestic whirlwind that surrounds the family of the newest member of 'the firm', the Duchess of Sussex.

homas Markle's bombshell television interview, in which some of his daughter Meghan and Prince Harry's most intimate secrets were exposed, left courtiers reeling.

To be wrong-footed once as they were when the duchess's father announced he would not be giving Meghan away – so late in the day his presence could not be removed from the order of service – may be unfortunate.

To be surprised for a second time, however, might be regarded as careless.

If Mr Markle's remarks about his daughter and Harry trying for a baby – 'there's got to be a child in the making, somewhere soon' – were just cringe-making, his assertions about Harry's views on Donald Trump and Brexit were explosive.

Quite apart from stripping aside his daughter's dignity, he has also exposed his new son-in-law to critics who will complain that members of the Royal Family have no business declaring an interest in the hottest political issues of the day.

And ever since Trump became US President, and more particularly over controversial plans to invite him to Britain, the royals have been scrupulous to avoid revealing any views on the matter.

In his interview on ITV's Good Morning Britain, Mr Markle spoke of his telephone conversations with Harry.

In one, he said: 'I was complaining about not liking Donald Trump. He said 'give Donald Trump a chance'. I sort of disagreed with that.'

When asked about Harry's views on Brexit, Mr Markle, 73, told hosts Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid: 'It was just a loose conversation ... I think he [Harry] was open to the experiment.'

No wonder yesterday at the Palace there were shudders.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5858359/RICHARD-KAY-Markle-debacle-two.html
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2018, 04:01:04 am »

https://78.media.tumblr.com/136b07f5286c899664e97ece317e5fa7/tumblr_inline_pajr08HfUI1uvtid8_250.png
What a mess.  Shocked 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 04:07:50 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2018, 01:30:42 am »

I'm calling BS on them offering to come visit and his telling them to just enjoy the honeymoon and wedding. I don't think that conversation happened at all. I had a parent who was sick (before ultimately passing away) and there was several times when I flew in just to fly back out the next day. The important thing was seeing about my parent and there was no way I wasn't going to go there and check on things myself - even though my siblings were there.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2018, 08:07:34 am »

Meghan Markle’s Dad ‘Banned From Royal Events For Life’ After TV Interview

Meghan Markle’s dad Thomas has been banned from royal events for life after he blindsided the family with his surprise TV interview, RadarOnline.com has learned.

The palace had no idea that Thomas was going to give the tell-all interview to Good Morning Britain, a source told Radar.

The royals were “shocked and blindsided” when Meghan’s reclusive dad, who lives Mexico, opened up to Piers Morgan about his chats with Prince Harry about politics, his staged photo scandal, his heart condition and his biggest regrets after missing his daughter’s wedding day!
https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/06/meghan-markles-dad-banned-from-royal-events-for-life/

Like he was ever on the list to attended any royal events in the first place
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2018, 12:01:11 pm »

^^ BS on that one indeed. M (or H) never offered, I think Thomas would be very happy if his daughter (and her new husband) came out to see him and no way would he say "no". That M hasn't seen her dad, esp considering his health issues, makes her for one awful human being and says all you need to know about her.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2018, 12:31:54 pm »

Thomas Kept Meghan in Dark About Interview
From ELLE
Thomas Markle surprised many people yesterday-and among those, officials at Kensington Palace-when he gave a nearly 30-minute tell-all interview to Good Morning Britain about everything: his learning about Meghan dating Harry, Harry's political views, and the couple's plans to have children soon. (He also seemingly confirmed Meghan is not pregnant yet to his knowledge, saying, "I don’t think there is a stork in the air yet, but I think it will happen sooner or later.")
Daily Mail reports that Thomas was paid £7,500 ($9,878.82) to do the interview. Thomas also didn't tell Meghan, Harry, or any Kensington Palace official about it, to the detriment of those relationships. Per Daily Mail reporter Rebecca English, "Kensington Palace officials were deliberately kept in the dark about yesterday's TV interview so there was no opportunity to dissuade Mr. Markle from taking part."
Royal sources told English that the Palace and couple have done everything they can to help and guide Thomas, but "he is a proud man who finds it difficult to accept assistance from his daughter."
Thomas himself said during the interview the two had advised him not to speak to the press. Obviously he didn't take that advice. As he put it: "For the most part, it was always ‘don’t speak to the press.’ The rest of the things were just be careful but they were very emphatic about not giving any information to the press or talking to them because it just encourages them more so nonetheless that’s what I tried to do."
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/thomas-kept-meghan-dark-interview-134200580.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2018, 02:20:28 pm »

Meghan Markle’s Dad ‘Banned From Royal Events For Life’ After TV Interview

Meghan Markle’s dad Thomas has been banned from royal events for life after he blindsided the family with his surprise TV interview, RadarOnline.com has learned.

The palace had no idea that Thomas was going to give the tell-all interview to Good Morning Britain, a source told Radar.

The royals were “shocked and blindsided” when Meghan’s reclusive dad, who lives Mexico, opened up to Piers Morgan about his chats with Prince Harry about politics, his staged photo scandal, his heart condition and his biggest regrets after missing his daughter’s wedding day!
https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/06/meghan-markles-dad-banned-from-royal-events-for-life/

Like he was ever on the list to attended any royal events in the first place

This sounds bogus to me. I think he'll be at the Christenings.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2018, 02:59:15 pm »

I don't believe Thomas Mugshot will ever set foot outside of Mexico. He's there for a reason.

I haven't played since I stopped
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2018, 03:27:14 pm »

^^What christenings?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2018, 03:30:29 pm »

^ Meghan and Harrys kids

if they have kids the only person on Meghan side that will be there is Doria her mom
AnaBolena
Duchess

« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2018, 03:32:39 pm »

^We don't know if she's fertile yet. 

sandy
Princess

« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2018, 06:23:35 pm »

I am assuming she has been to doctors for check ups. I hope they have children, they  may have just two. they can play with their cousins.
AnaBolena
Duchess

« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2018, 04:41:28 pm »

^ I wouldn't wish it on anyone that they couldn't have children, but I also don't think a couple of years waiting would hurt. 

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2018, 06:04:41 pm »

I'm thinking that it is highly possible that Meghan is out of eggs due to her lifestyle: lover of spirits and yachting, and if there is pregnancy at best Harry can be a bio father and at worst he can learn from the papers that an art baby is produced in his name but not with his genes.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2018, 06:16:20 pm »

Off topic. Thanks, YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2018, 08:54:23 pm »

sorry

It is strange that Samantha hasn't made an appearance since the wedding. Could she be with a monthly payout already? We don't hear anything about the book either.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 97   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: