Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 09:50:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 97   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Markles  (Read 66652 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2018, 10:07:31 am »

@RoyalReporter
Kensington Palace is refusing to comment on Thomas Markle’s claims that Prince Harry told him to “give Trump a chance” and that the sixth in line to the throne was open to Brexit.

As they shouldn't .what Harry said or didn't say isn't really good or bad .its like those answers people give without really saying much or don't want to get too deep into it keeping it neutral .imo
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2018, 10:14:19 am »

The ex worker for the Queen (I dont remember the name) said that it must have been approved by KP. Maybe true considering those comments. Helps stop the image both are against trump and brexit.. maybe they are using him now? Still I dont think it helps them or him.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2018, 10:32:13 am »

^Could be.  But, I've yet to see any evidence of class or decorum in the Markle family, extended.  Just because you can say anything, and you really can in the US barring a few exceptions, doesn't mean you should. 

It needs to be remembered that MM's family have all worked in the entertainment industry where there's a closer level of relationships with the press and you become much more media savvy.  I'd venture to guess that Tom Markle doesn't think he's done anything wrong at all.  Or maybe he needed the money.  However you look at it, it's not cool but it's nothing extraordinary from our vantage point.

The concept of monarchy is so alien as well that there's no historical training nor built in respect for the institution above our own laws.  The Bill of Rights is our lead. 

This will always be the case with MM's presence.  Always.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2018, 10:33:45 am »

He didn't say anything much. Maybe he blew the pap walk cash and now he needed some fresh money. Meghan is not going to help him out as she's too busy burning taxpayer money on her new clothes. (The more she burns the less she looks good in them  easter-lol )

So, he goes and makes money on his own. Pretty much all Markles' job from now on will be to find new angles to comment on Meghan's life.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 10:36:48 am by Ariel » Logged

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2018, 11:29:02 am »

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/1008654022876848135?s=19

I dont see him invited to the christening easter-lol

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2018, 11:35:19 am »

^^True.  He didn’t say anything much at all nor worth the reaction.  Imagine what he could say...

I just don’t get the surprise or pearl clutching over this.  He’s an American, can say what he likes and not being the most polished family in the world, what did they expect?  Maybe it would have been wise to get to know the family you’re marrying into, Harry?  Just a thought.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2018, 11:57:49 am »

'Promise me you'll never raise your hand to my daughter': Thomas Markle reveals to Piers Morgan his warning to Prince Harry when he asked to marry Meghan - and says a child will be 'in the making soon'

Thomas Markle has given first TV interview about Meghan, the turmoil before the wedding and Prince Harry
    Father-of-three underwent heart surgery just before daughter's big day in May and watched from US B&B
    He said: 'I cried. I'm a footnote in one of the greatest moments in history instead of a dad walking his daughter down the aisle'
    Mr Markle hasn't met Harry or seen Meghan since they married but says he hoped to come to London soon
    He said: 'I would certainly love to meet the Queen. She's one of the most incredible women in the world'
    Meghan's father has spoken to Harry on the phone but has never met him or spoken to any other British royals
    Private chats also reveal Harry told him he is 'open to Brexit' and said DonaldTrump should be 'given a chance'
    Piers Morgan Mr Markle agreed to GMB interview for a 'few thousand pounds' so he could 'set record straight'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5855399/Thomas-Markle-expresses-regret-not-giving-Meghan-away-thanks-handsome-Prince-Charles.html

^ You're right, from a US perspective this is all fine, nothing he said is bad. But from a UK perspective.. boy oh boy.. the political comments were bad (the Trump one less so, that was kinda fine).
I think ^^^^^ Alex is right saying they might be using him for their image, their anti-Trump rhethoric and anti Brexit rhethoric was really really bad (both very current events and they can't go around proclaiming their dislike for a current head of state or any politician). But this isn't helping. In terms of politics, it's best to keep it zipped, end of.

This is really bad.

The tweet is right, I can't imagine it's "KP approved", it can be at best H and/ or M approved, but never by the establishment. The tweet, that claims not approved by KP and esp that this brings up questions on his relationship with M is very astute.

Imo this is even more proof that nothing's alright between M & Thomas and to me further proves tbh that she never intended him to be present at the wedding.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2018, 02:28:03 pm »

easter-lol true what ever chance Meghan and  Thomas Sr had to forgive each other and move on is no longer in place he screwed that all up now ppl will just feel more sorry for her
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2018, 02:38:19 pm »

I don't think that people will feel sorry for her, if anything it seems that the reaction is even more enforced that dumb Harry married too hastily into a hot mess of a family and a scheming, cold user.

In any case, the fact that Thomas still hasn't met Harry or seen his daughter (when was the last time he saw her?) speaks volumes, and nothing good. It's as laughable as the statement that she has "always cared for her father", that's what you say about someone you don't want anything to do with but can't or won't admit publicly.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2018, 02:51:15 pm »

Meghan Markle's father calls staged paparazzi photos a 'serious mistake' as he apologises and reveals his daughter and Prince Harry were 'very forgiving'
Mr Markle this morning opened up about conversations he had with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex about the media attention surrounding him.
He told GMB: 'Most part of it was, 'Don't speak to the press.' The rest of the things were just be careful.
'But they were very emphatic about not giving any information to the press or talking to them, because it just encourages them more. So none the less, that's what I tried to do.'
Despite these conversations however, allegations later surfaced that he had staged photographs with the paparazzi.  
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5855503/Meghan-Markles-father-calls-staged-paparazzi-photos-mistake.html

'I'm a footnote in one of the greatest moments in history': Thomas Markle's regret at not giving Meghan away and how she cried when he said he couldn't come
Thomas Markle Snr choked back tears as he reflected on the royal wedding and revealed how he had planned to attend the big day until he was forced to pull out at the eleventh hour.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5855677/Thomas-Markles-regret-not-giving-Meghan-away.html

Thomas Markle risks diplomatic row over Prince Harry's political beliefs as he reveals his son-in-law told him to 'give Donald Trump a chance' and that Brexit is an 'experiment we have to try'
Kensington Palace this morning refused to comment on the claims, which come two years after the Queen was accused of backing Brexit in the EU referendum.
She was said to have told former Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg during a lunch at Windsor Castle that she thought Europe was going in the wrong direction ahead of the key vote.
Members of the Royal Family do not vote and are expected to remain politically neutral.
On his first phone call with Prince Harry, Mr Markle revealed: 'He said 'Hello Thomas', and I said, 'Hello Harry'.
'It became a conversation back and forth mostly about politics.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5855479/Thomas-Markle-says-Prince-Harry-told-Donald-Trump-chance.html
^true.
Just like the staged pap pictures, this is a staged interview because it seems odd that he claims the first conversation he had with Harry as abot politics ans tha he was all set to go to London to walk his just;er daugher down the aisle.

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2018, 03:41:44 pm »

Way up there, HRHolya.  Good point.  To we Americans, this is small potatoes but in another culture like the highly designed BRF, a fiasco in the making.

But, again, what did they think would happen with this bunch who are clearly not diplomatic and have no understanding of media control, allegiance to the Crown or not being able to say anything to anyone?  This, right here, is one of the many reasons Harry should’ve done his homework and thought it through more carefully. 

As this unfolds, any sympathy for Sparkles will be severely eclipsed by the pr damage to the BRF if more dirt is spilled, and it will be. 

The biggest problem?  It was handled as a rescue mission not a marriage.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2018, 04:07:01 pm »

It's 30min

Thomas Markle speaks for first time in tell-all interview

http://www.itv.com/goodmorningbritain/news/thomas-markle-speaks-for-first-time-in-tell-all-interview
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2018, 04:14:58 pm »

^Anyone wanna take one for the team and watch this guy?  I can’t.  I just can’t.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2018, 04:40:20 pm »

Meghan called and told him she has a new BF called him again he's birtish after the 3rd call she told him he's a prince told him it was harry .They call him H

Talked to harry on the phone still have not met him face to face. the first convo harry called him Thomas most of the conversation was about the politics and how they first met  how in love they are .Thomas would't give a date when the first call took place .

Meghan told Thomas first they was getting married.then a few times after that he spoke with Harry ,and thats when Harry asked Thomas for permission.

Talked about M&H helping him with fittings for suits.

Talked about M&H told him don't speak to the press becarful.

Yes he wanted to walk Meghan down  everything was set up for him to do that. he was happy PC walked her

Talked about the set up pics wanted to change his image cause the pics before made him look bad example like buying a toilet, buying beer ,taking out trash.
They bought up the whole Diana and the press thing and harry *despise* for them . Talk to Meghan and Harry after the stage pap pics came out he told the he was sorry they was forgiving about him doing the stage pap pics ,Meghan still wanted him to come to the wedding .

Harry told him he had one of his military friends to take care of him when he gets to London everything was set and book for him to come.

Talked about his heart problems he did have a heart attack spent a day in hospital he checked him self out (against doctors wishes) cause he still wanted to go to the wedding
He drove to L.A to takle his ex  Doria flowers drove back home .Got a call from one of Harrys people they told him they was picking him up that night, but he wasn't feeling well had to go back to hospital and the had to get surgery (Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center) a blockage in his aorta.

They wanted to fly over to see him ,but he told them no enjoy they wedding and honeymoon
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 04:49:21 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged
Kins
courtier

« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2018, 04:55:02 pm »

^^I watched it. Couple take aways:

Piers was very pandering and had quite a different demeanor when compared to his interview with Samantha regarding TM's pre-wedding antics. Also, Piers refers to Suits as "a big show in America". not sure about the easter-lol. Piers told TM he felt sorry for him as he was "a regular guy" dealing with the media.

Piers brought up Diana and Harry's hatred of the paparazzi when questioning TM about his decision to collaborate with the paparazzi. TM stuck to the same line about wanting to correct his image.

TM appeared to struggle a bit at several points and left me wondering if he was near tears-maybe it hit him that this interview was only going to cause him further problems?

TM referring to being a footnote in history creates questions about his true motive for wanting to be at the wedding.

TM has never met Prince Charles yet he said he could think of "no better replacement" for him to walk her down the aisle.

Also-TM very rarely makes any eye contact with the camera. Looks down a lot. Sometimes looks beyond the camera. Gave me weird vibes of him trying to remember his story. JMO.

"Meghan cried, I'm sure. Well she did cry." Weird-he wasn't sure at first and then he quickly changed it to yes she did.

GMB needs better ear pieces-TM kept pushing his further into his ear and was having trouble hearing. Samantha did this too so I suppose one could argue that it was a stalling tactic on the part of Samantha or TM.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2018, 05:07:51 pm »

^ and ^^  thankyou

Kins
courtier

« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2018, 05:10:02 pm »

^ flower
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2018, 05:11:43 pm »

I was going to take one for the team but I couldn't make it past 7 minutes of that interview, I got bored.

This is my favorite quote by daddy Markle around the 6 minute mark:

“My daughter is very intelligent, she knows how to choose who she wants to be with, she’s a smart girl and she made a great pick.”

Nothing about Harry picking her or else she wouldn't be where she is.  laugh

Also, this quote:

“My daughter is capable of anything, and she will certainly be a compliment to the Royal Family.”

Interesting to say "capable of anything," like weaseling herself into the BRF, with ignorant Harry's help, of course.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2018, 05:59:38 pm »

I’ve changed my mind about Meghan’s dad – he’s just a shy, decent man struggling to deal with the mayhem of his little princess marrying a prince’: PIERS MORGAN reveals the inside story of his incredible scoop
‘The unfortunate thing now is that I’m a footnote in one of the greatest moments in history - instead of a dad walking his daughter down the aisle.

Those were the poignant, regretful words of Meghan Markle’s father Thomas to me on Good Morning Britain this morning.

It would take a heart of stone to hear that admission and not feel sympathy for the world’s most famous absentee father-of-the-bride.

OK, perhaps he’s being a tad hyperbolic over the historical importance of his girl’s marriage to Prince Harry, who is now sixth in line to the throne and likely to drop even further down the ladder if his brother William keeps breeding at his current rate.

But it was a moment watched by over a billion people around the world, and it was a moment that should have featured Thomas centre stage, proudly at his daughter’s side as she married into the British Royal Family.

Instead, he was on his own in a B&B room 6,000 miles away, watching it all unfurl on TV as tears streamed down his face.

‘She was beautiful, I cried a little watching her,’ he said.

As he said this, his face crunched with emotion and my natural journalistic cynicism evaporated.

I was very critical of Thomas Markle in the week leading up to the wedding, believing his shocking decision to collude with a paparazzo photographer over staged photos came very close to wrecking the biggest day of his daughter’s life.

It was a particularly dumb thing to do after Kensington Palace specifically asked the media to leave him alone.

The understandable press frenzy that erupted after the bombshell revelation exacerbated Thomas’s existing heart problems, and meant he couldn’t fly to London.

‘By taking the paparazzi shilling, and now missing the wedding,’ I wrote at the time, ‘Thomas Markle broke his future son-in-law’s trust, and his little girl’s heart.’

I stand by that harsh judgement; it was indefensible behaviour.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5856697/PIERS-MORGAN-reveals-inside-story-scoop-Thomas-Markle.html
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2018, 06:13:04 pm »

He allegedly received £50,000 for this interview. Earlier articles stated that he received a text from Meghan and hasn’t called since he had the heart issues. So now, he’s changing his tune saying that he’s had conversations with both Harry and her. At the end of the day, it’s what up with Meghan and how she’s where she is that the press is itching to reveal because that’s where their bread and butter lies. I can’t imagine that not happening soon.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 97   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: