Royal Gossip
November 21, 2018, 06:37:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Markles  (Read 37820 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1140 on: October 24, 2018, 10:11:29 pm »

She paid nobody back financially.  Her father has been struggling since she finally got married and then a job. He paid for her university.  Period.  She even said so.  Plus, trips, an SUV, nothing too good for the little ungrateful princess.  She did get a reduced tuition as a “minority” but it was still pricey.

Good for you, Samantha.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1141 on: October 24, 2018, 10:18:04 pm »

She did say so. But it is not known what or if or when she paid her father back. This is personal information. How on earth would Sam know? She hardly spent time with Meghan.

NW does not come cheap. She would have needed work study, jobs and scholarships to defray the cost. I doubt the lottery money (he never gave a financial statement of how the money was spent and is not obligated too) alone would have gotten her through the entire four years.

Samantha recently pulled an embarrassing stunt going to the gates of KP and made a fool of herself. Why is this woman's word taken as gospel?

Tom of his own free will spent the money on Meghan. She did not force him to. He bought her a car of his own free will--so what does he want from Meghan now. I think he wanted her to support him and I think Sam wants $$$ too. She is no Mother Theresa by any means. She seems to be a money grubber and quite bitter. I wonder what her kids have to say about HER. I hope they reveal things. It would be Karma.

Tom if he wanted to make up with Meghan should have not gone to the media. It was just tacky. . DId Tom set up any agreements with Meghan re: the education? This is private family information and between them.

Sam should keep her nose out of this. IMO.

lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1142 on: October 24, 2018, 10:31:06 pm »

Back when M went to school, it was $30k a year so tuition was 120K for four years plus room and board and books. $750k is plenty to pay for that and Immaculate Heart is not Marlborough School for Girls. It was not that expensive at that time. So he could easily have used his winnings to pay for her education. But he had a good job too. So he had money to pay for her. And no where does she say she had to pay dad back. She is saying in her speech she struggled to pay tuition with grants, scholarships and work grant study programs. So where did this pay dad back come from? She may be completely lying or partly lying. Or maybe dad didn't help at all. it is possible. Unless records show where the tuition money came from it is speculation or Murks word v. Sam's word.

The only constant is change.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1143 on: October 24, 2018, 10:44:38 pm »

This is private  family information. But Tom never presented publicly how he spent the $750,000;. It also should be remembered it is not cheap to live in a dorm plus Chicago is an expensive place to live. Many students have to find a residence and have roommates. And food and living costs would be high.

I am a bit sketchy on his work. When did he quit or did he actually retire with a pension? He'd be on a fixed income if he had retired. I don't know what his tv work actually paid. It was not as if he were a lead actor in a major show. And Married with Children went off the air a while ago. Would he be getting residuals if he was not an actor?

Why did he move to Mexico and scale down. He admitted doing drugs which don't exactly come cheap. He also had bankruptcy issues. But he is not a political candidate and not obligated to release his tax returns.

It is not know if she gave him money, paid him back. Since her finances during her life are not made public nor should they be.

NW will not release the information about her.  There are privacy issues.

Sam does not come across to me as being all there. I am skeptical about her. She seems weirdly obsessed with her sister. And it's odd because she keeps claiming she loves Meghan but then is venomous toward her and the Royal Family.

I wonder if she'll start attacking the royals again.  MOst likely.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 10:46:33 pm by sandy » Logged
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #1144 on: October 24, 2018, 11:17:53 pm »

'Dad paid for her tuition!': Samantha Markle calls her sister 'delusional' and 'lying' after Meghan described her struggles to pay for university education in Fiji speech
Samantha Markle has branded her sister a 'liar' after she gave a speech about the difficulties of paying to go to university - saying their father paid for her tuition.
Meghan, 37, gave her first speech as a member of the royal family at the University of the South Pacific's Suva campus in Fiji today.
She discussed the challenges of funding further education, saying she relied on 'scholarships and financial aid programmes' to get through her university degree.
But her half-sister, 53, quickly took to Twitter to brand her 'delusional' and a 'liar', saying she 'missed out a very important detail' in her speech.
She wrote: 'Dad paid her college tuition! She forgot the most important part of her speech and there are receipts to prove it.
'I love my sister but this is ridiculous. You can't lie like this, Meg! Delusionally absurd.'
The Duchess of Sussex said to students and staff: 'I am also fully aware of the challenges of being able to afford this level of schooling for many people around the world – myself included.
'It was through scholarships, financial aid programmes and work-study where my earnings from a job on campus went directly towards my tuition - that I was able to attend university. And, without question, it was worth every effort.'
But Samantha is adamant their father Thomas Markle, 74, paid for Meghan to go to university.
In an interview with the Mail on Sunday, he told of how Meghan was sent to exclusive private schools from kindergarten onwards and he paid for her $30,000 (£23,000)-a-year tuition at Northwestern University, Illinois, with $750,000 winnings from a lottery.
He claims he funded a teenage Meghan's expensive holidays abroad, including a visit to Britain, where she was photographed outside Buckingham Palace.
Mr Markle described himself as a a proud man, who has never asked his daughter for a penny, despite suffering financial setbacks over the years and losing the vast majority of his lottery winnings in a bad business deal.
But Meghan gave a different impression in her speech: ''As a university graduate, I know the personal feeling of pride and excitement that comes with attending university.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6312723/Samantha-Markle-accuses-Meghan-lying-speech-university-saying-father-paid-tuition.html
Meghan’s lies are catching up with her. She claims to have paid her own way through college and that she graduated. In this instance, Samantha has every right to complain on social media because Meghan’s a liar and a kept woman who relies on a man to pay her way in some form or another.

a ungrateful daughter who needs RE-write her story... the truth is too much to her... it's not news ungrateful people are all the same

BEFORE Meghan said proudly as her dad paid for her schooling... Meghan lovers obviously dislike this FACT

Why did he move to Mexico and scale down. He admitted doing drugs which don't exactly come cheap.
harry too for this matter  tehe
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 11:22:29 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1145 on: October 25, 2018, 12:13:53 am »

Maybe Sam dislikers would be more apt. I don't "love" Meghan but I know I cannot stand Samantha. I don't understand why she's considered an "oracle."

Harry does not 'do drugs'. There is no proof of this. There was allegedly some experimentation ca. 1998 but  he did stop.

I am talking Tom here who actually confessed to doing drugs.

NW said she finished the program and graduated.

To get to the "facts" the financial papers need to be examined. These will not be made public.  It was her father's decision to support her education. Just as it is for billions of other fathers. she did get a job after Uni and worked for a living. I do believe she got financial aid and work study.

Meghan earned her own way after graduation and she did not live off her parents until she got a ring on her finger. This seems to be ignored.

Sam is acting out.  And I was put off by the weird scene she made at KP like a stalker. She may need meds and soon. she could find someday she gets arrested for her acting out.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 12:21:13 am by sandy » Logged
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #1146 on: October 25, 2018, 01:39:31 am »

If Samantha has all this proof that Meghan is lying about her college fees why hasn't Tom Snr handed over anything, receipts, NWU forms etc to publicly back it up? Because then we would know the truth, wouldn't we? And Samantha was living in another State, away from Meghan and her father during Meghan's university years, with her own life, children etc (before her mother took over their raising, that is) so how does Samantha know what went on about anything?
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1147 on: October 25, 2018, 02:27:01 am »

If this isn't going to lead to Meghan's alleged drug and alcohol use, what's thepoint of this?  bored3
Cocaine, Wild parties and X-rated Playboy clubs: Were those faked paparazzi photos the least of Thomas Markle's sins? asks DAVID JONES
* Meghan's half brother Thomas Markle Jr claims their father did cocaine at home
* In a damning interview he said he cheated on his first wife and smoked cannabis
* Mr Markle Sr, 74, denies the allegations and is backed by daughter Samantha, 53

However, the Radar story (for which Thomas Markle Junior is reported to have taken a polygraph test) comes hard on the heels of another damaging article earlier this month in America's most sensationalist tabloid, the National Enquirer.
Since Meghan was born in 1981, and Mr Markle allegedly said these events occurred during 'the 70s and 80s', the implication of the Enquirer's revelations is that he had pursued this louche lifestyle while he was raising her.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6313385/Claims-Meghans-father-Thomas-Markle-seniors-past-cocaine-use-wild-parties-Playboy-clubs.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1148 on: October 25, 2018, 03:01:39 am »

It seems Tom is  closest to Samantha now which to me is not a good thing.
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #1149 on: October 25, 2018, 03:49:36 am »

Oh, but it's tabloid GOLD.

MeAgain must be seething. easter-lol

Think the plane trip back is going to be particularly long.

screaming Why is the DM doing this to me, Harry? Why? Why?  NOwhy yeahright
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #1150 on: October 25, 2018, 04:17:36 am »

I don't think either Meghan or Harry could give a rats about what the Fail or any of the Markles have to say. Just another of Sam's usual rants.  And it's Tom jnr who's selling his own father down the river. Harry and Meghan are in the middle of a tour and their thoughts are on that day's engagements and where they are to be next.

Harry and Meghan at Nandi.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/10/25/02/519CABF000000578-6314025-image-a-153_1540431575433.jpg
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #1151 on: October 25, 2018, 04:27:51 am »

Read the comments - of course MeAgain will care. She is HATED and actually people seem to be on Samantha's side.  eating cookies

laugh Poor con-artist Megs.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #1152 on: October 25, 2018, 04:38:18 am »

Hated by whom? The ranters on the Fail's online comment column. They always complain, about everyone, and at least half of them are probably not British or Commonwealth citizens anyway, so they're irrelevant as far as the BRF are concerned.

There are 64 million plus residents of the U.K.  When even a couple of million of them start to complain about this to BP by email, letter, etc is when the BRF might worry. Charles doesn't even read any tabloids and we don't know if the others do either.

If the PTB at Buckingham Palace were that worried about the Markes and their stupid quarrelling and name calling there would have been a public statement by now. They just ignore this family, plus they know what the Faul enjoys, and that's pot-stirring. And I doubt Harry and Meghan sit down every morning of this tour before breakfast and go over comments in the DM. We don't even know if they read that rag anyway.
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #1153 on: October 25, 2018, 04:41:14 am »

The ones that like her are the paid American trolls - and the DM has many.  Read the comments - she is not liked.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #1154 on: October 25, 2018, 05:09:31 am »

Well, I accept that she isn't liked by many who comment on the DM online, and how many of them are trolls, American, or British or Commonwealth citizens is debatable. However, even if half of the regular ones are British, that still doesn't represent the entire British population of 64 mill plus, let alone the billions in the Commonweath. And they are they ones that matter to the BRF. The rest is just noise.

And what is the ranting for? What does it achieve?
Did it stop or postpone Harry and Meghan dating? No? Did it stop the engagement and wedding? No. Did it stop any of their engagements together? No. Has it stopped this tour from going ahead? No. Will it stop further tours? No.

In fact nothing any of the ranters on the Fail online say has changed anything in these two people's lives by one iota of a millisecond.

The BRF doesn't operate by what people in tabloids say online. It just doesn't. So it's just noise, and I'm sure that they all enjoy themselves spilling their bile online. To no purpose, though.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1155 on: October 25, 2018, 01:27:01 pm »

Since these royals are there at the sufferance of the Public, opinion matters a great deal.  I don’t kid myself that they “don’t care”.  They do.  Otherwise we wouldn’t get opposition articles clearly on the defense. 

It’s not like the old days anymore.  Info is everywhere and it can have powerful consequences.  The BRF are really quite vulnerable without having a vote behind them or a voice.  People will only take so much when and if they are struggling and yet see any appearance of no bang for their buck.  Or worse, downgrading the majesty of what a “royal” is as a world rep.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1156 on: October 25, 2018, 02:44:46 pm »

Well, I accept that she isn't liked by many who comment on the DM online, and how many of them are trolls, American, or British or Commonwealth citizens is debatable. However, even if half of the regular ones are British, that still doesn't represent the entire British population of 64 mill plus, let alone the billions in the Commonweath. And they are they ones that matter to the BRF. The rest is just noise.

And what is the ranting for? What does it achieve?
Did it stop or postpone Harry and Meghan dating? No? Did it stop the engagement and wedding? No. Did it stop any of their engagements together? No. Has it stopped this tour from going ahead? No. Will it stop further tours? No.

In fact nothing any of the ranters on the Fail online say has changed anything in these two people's lives by one iota of a millisecond.

The BRF doesn't operate by what people in tabloids say online. It just doesn't. So it's just noise, and I'm sure that they all enjoy themselves spilling their bile online. To no purpose, though.

I hope they leave the baby alone after he or she is born. An innocent baby should not be involved in this. Some extreme posters talk about wanting the baby to die. That is creepy as far as I'm concerned.

Sam is going to wear out her welcome with the media IMO. I hope she keeps her ugly comments away from the baby.

I think Meghan and Harry can take it but a baby is innocent and should be exempt from the loathing.

Sam's credibility to me is shrinking especially since her embarrassing scene at KP.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 02:46:29 pm by sandy » Logged
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #1157 on: October 25, 2018, 02:54:36 pm »

She did say so. But it is not known what or if or when she paid her father back. This is personal information. How on earth would Sam know? She hardly spent time with Meghan.

NW does not come cheap. She would have needed work study, jobs and scholarships to defray the cost. I doubt the lottery money (he never gave a financial statement of how the money was spent and is not obligated too) alone would have gotten her through the entire four years.

Samantha recently pulled an embarrassing stunt going to the gates of KP and made a fool of herself. Why is this woman's word taken as gospel?

Tom of his own free will spent the money on Meghan. She did not force him to. He bought her a car of his own free will--so what does he want from Meghan now. I think he wanted her to support him and I think Sam wants $$$ too. She is no Mother Theresa by any means. She seems to be a money grubber and quite bitter. I wonder what her kids have to say about HER. I hope they reveal things. It would be Karma.

Tom if he wanted to make up with Meghan should have not gone to the media. It was just tacky. . DId Tom set up any agreements with Meghan re: the education? This is private family information and between them.

Sam should keep her nose out of this. IMO.

---Sam would know because Tom is her father, too, and he probably talked about how much he was spending on Meghan.

---If Meggles had jobs during her university years, it seems that people would have talked about working with the duchess or being the boss of the duchess, etc.  Silence.  Now, I agree, she may have supplemented her income while in college, but probably through means which we polite people do not discuss in public.

---Why not believe Sam?  She's as credible as Meggles.

---While Tom should not expect anything from Megs, it shows her character that her father is living in squalor and she does nothing to assist him.  She doesn't have to support him in a luxurious lifestyle, but some financial assistance would be a wonderful for a daughter to do for her dad.

---I hope that Sam continues to drop tidbits about Megs while she is in the BRF.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1158 on: October 25, 2018, 03:11:49 pm »

I don't see Sam as credible. She loathes her sister and seems to follow her obsessively.

I don't see why the father would discuss his younger child's finances with her much older sister. Unless he is asking for money from Sam to help out.

Putting up her father would be up to the royals. I doubt the Queen would permit him to get an apartment in KP.

What happened to her father's money. I doubt he spent it all on Meghan. A lot probably went to drugs. IMO anyway.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #1159 on: October 25, 2018, 04:33:02 pm »

I hope they leave the baby alone after he or she is born. An innocent baby should not be involved in this. Some extreme posters talk about wanting the baby to die. That is creepy as far as I'm concerned.

Sam is going to wear out her welcome with the media IMO. I hope she keeps her ugly comments away from the baby.

I think Meghan and Harry can take it but a baby is innocent and should be exempt from the loathing.

Sam's credibility to me is shrinking especially since her embarrassing scene at KP.

This I agree with this 100%.  No one should even utter the words about a baby dying. No.  Just No. The baby is an innocent, which is also why I’m against W and K’s kids being spoken of badly.  No child deserves hatred.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: