Royal Gossip
November 16, 2018, 11:04:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess Meghan: News and Random chat 2018  (Read 45177 times)
interrobanger
royal watcher

« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2018, 06:14:39 pm »

Dumb American question here: Why would it be the usual procedure for the bride's family to use a coat of arms? I can see where she would need (well, air quotes around "need") one for official correspondence and such, but why would that usually extend beyond her?
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2018, 07:00:30 pm »

Rebecca English
The Duchess of Sussex’s new cypher.... #MeghanMarkle #royalwedding
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DeDGHQHX4AAMr_T.jpg

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2018, 08:30:26 pm »

^^ It's not a dumb question easter-egg-basket Coat of arms and crests used to be identifiers for families, companies, trades etc and have been in heavy use for 900 years, the more faff there is, the richer the history (eg compare Meg's or the Midds's with eg the Winds's), as every new member that marries in, can apply sth off their coat of arms into the offsprings' (eg Diana's family's, the Spencer's, scallops in W&H's).
Nowadays I get that families continue to use the ones they've had, but they're not needed anymore. I don't even know what they use them for exactly, I mean they can appear on the letterhead, but for the Winds the cypher (you see above M's, Fly just posted it) of the person (also unique to the person and a personal identifier) or the place's stationery (e.g. the KP letterhead).
What these things used to be used for they aren't really needed anymore, due to modern means and whatnot.
Largely, it's prestige. M certainly had no need whatsoever for her personal coat of arms. It's not necessary (anymore) for anything but to have a shiny thing and now she can have a signet ring made and wear it like the Midds X-Mas_rolleyes
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2018, 09:27:22 pm »

^Getting it put on a gold bracelet or necklace is more Meg's speed.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2018, 09:35:53 pm »

^ Indeed!

^^ I trailed off.. oops, meant to write that even as letterhead whilst it can be used, it's useless as the Winds's traditional letterhead is either their personal cypher or the place's letterhead.
Even if there is sth that M needed a crest for, she would then simply use H's. That's how it is for wives who marry into families with crests but don't have a family one or their own.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2018, 09:52:30 pm »

Groovy.  Now I know what to look for when my thank you letter comes thru for their wedding.  I did for Kate/PW.  Still waiting.  Just a test.

The check has been cashed.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2018, 10:08:03 pm »

^Keep us posted, YM.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2018, 10:13:15 pm »

^Oh yeah.  thumbsup

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2018, 11:30:12 pm »

^ You must have nerves of steel and great patience! Indeed keep us posted, am quite curious how it'll work out! I didn't think you'd donate again, thanks for taking one for the team with your experiment tehe flower
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2018, 02:45:18 am »

A Clarence House aide said the prince, who trod the boards in his youth, was keen to use his vlog to explore ways of working with young ‘influencers’ – or social media stars – to ‘put out positive messages’.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5773473/Charles-Camilla-turn-YouTube-stars.html
I remeber Harry saying something like this; to use social media to put out positive messages that actually help people and not just being mouthpiece like the typical vapid celebrities who just puts out nice sounding quotes without any action behind them.
IMO, Meghan's increasing the royal family's resence on social medai because she's such a divisive figure. She's been getting what she wants off the royal family in an unpresidented fashion and her fans are lapping it upa nd wanting her to get more. I'm expecting her to get a rude awakening when more of her dirt, the things she didn't want Revor to release, gets published anyway and the royal family doesn't protect her because she's not family. The way that Charles booted her out of his garden party attested to that not to mention the queen looking at her with disgust during the celebrity wedding.
Kate has her own letterhead and uses Wills when the announcement when it involves both of them.
Shouldn't their be a chain around the bird denoting marriage to Harry? It's Harry's coronet around the bird's neck without the chain. Her ability to communicate's stiffled now because she doesn't have her own social medai presence now and will have to adhere to royal protocol, but of course she wont follow and will continue to get her things out via her associates like Mio.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5771667/The-coat-arms-created-Meghan-approved-Queen.html#comments

Meghan Markle: The wellness guru she could have been
Both Meghan and Gwyneth's lifestyle brands have something in common: they are part of a rising online Wellness movement, whose devotees say is devoted to positivity, spirituality and improving one's lot in life by starting from within.
Wellness is a rising part of the growing online content marketing industry, where the opinions and philosophies of influencers on social media now carry more weight with some than conventional wisdom.
According to research firm Technavio, the global content marketing industry will be worth $412bn (£297bn) by 2021.
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-43241866
If she wasn't a grifter and a scammer, lyer and strumpet, she could've made a good living turning the Tig into a money making scheme like Goop. She's basically ruined now as people see what she's about.  eating cookies
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 02:54:04 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2018, 03:11:38 am »

^Being an American is what will ultimately be her Achilles heel. Unlike every other person that has married in, they've got a whole other press core to deal with. A press core in a completely different country, who operate under different rules, who they can't put a gag on or threaten with access to keep things under wraps. I think things will get especially interesting when she finally cuts out Jessica and/or Lindsey. My money is on Jessica leaking all the dirt to the right people.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2018, 03:20:50 am »

^ You must have nerves of steel and great patience! Indeed keep us posted, am quite curious how it'll work out! I didn't think you'd donate again, thanks for taking one for the team with your experiment tehe flower

You’re welcome and I’ll update all.  (Yes, I do have nerves of steel.  Well, sometimes!  easter-lol)

buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2018, 10:29:56 am »

Loving the DM comments on the coat of arms article -‘where’s the deal or no deal box??’
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2018, 05:48:48 pm »

^another DM commentor even suggested a ladder to symbolize her social climbing skills  laugh

One more look at Megs' coat of arms and I cannot understand why there are California poppies on the grass under Harry's coat of arms as well. Harry's not from California!  blink

The wintersweet can be on the grass because it symbolizes that they both live at Kensington Palace. Therefore, a California poppy should've been on the coat of arms instead, with the quill and "sun rays."

I just don't get it  dontknow
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2018, 06:13:36 pm »

^How about a mattress instead of a ladder?

I haven't played since I stopped
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2018, 06:31:44 pm »

^another DM commentor even suggested a ladder to symbolize her social climbing skills  laugh

One more look at Megs' coat of arms and I cannot understand why there are California poppies on the grass under Harry's coat of arms as well. Harry's not from California!  blink

The wintersweet can be on the grass because it symbolizes that they both live at Kensington Palace. Therefore, a California poppy should've been on the coat of arms instead, with the quill and "sun rays."

I just don't get it  dontknow

Poppies - hmmm. Met in some opium den?
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2018, 06:59:51 pm »

Wedding and then not really wedding.  Please move if should be in wedding thread please mods    flower

Tremendous news for the people of Dumbarton, royal couple Harry and Meghan becoming Earl and Countess of the town.
The council may now have to replace the flower beds they recently ripped up to save £80,000.
A royal visit is just the dollop of manure needed to get the area blooming again.
Yes indeed, wake up and smell the roses.
In a town where a quarter of the children live in poverty, was it really nobility that was needed?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/lifestyle/dumbarton-needs-more-new-earl-12580281
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2018, 07:10:53 pm »

^Oooh! Scathing!

Pepe Le Skew
Baroness

This is what it sounds like

« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2018, 08:49:19 pm »

A Clarence House aide said the prince, who trod the boards in his youth, was keen to use his vlog to explore ways of working with young ‘influencers’ – or social media stars – to ‘put out positive messages’.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5773473/Charles-Camilla-turn-YouTube-stars.html
I remeber Harry saying something like this; to use social media to put out positive messages that actually help people and not just being mouthpiece like the typical vapid celebrities who just puts out nice sounding quotes without any action behind them.
IMO, Meghan's increasing the royal family's resence on social medai because she's such a divisive figure. She's been getting what she wants off the royal family in an unpresidented fashion and her fans are lapping it upa nd wanting her to get more. I'm expecting her to get a rude awakening when more of her dirt, the things she didn't want Revor to release, gets published anyway and the royal family doesn't protect her because she's not family. The way that Charles booted her out of his garden party attested to that not to mention the queen looking at her with disgust during the celebrity wedding.

Windsor, did Charles actually send her packing early from the garden party??  I saw someone else mention it & I’ve missed the video or article. I DID see her wagging her booty going up the steps. I’ve defended her hear and there, but ya don’t waggle your wares for the camera.

easter-James
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2018, 09:10:36 pm »

^I don’t have all the videos.  Maybe somebody can help me here.  But, most info is on the Garden Party thread under Prince Charles/Camilla thread.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: