Royal Gossip
September 20, 2018, 08:19:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess Meghan: News and Random chat 2018  (Read 35658 times)
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2018, 08:15:50 am »

^^^I heard it also closes the gender pay gap. You know...because feminism.  eating cookies

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2018, 11:50:02 am »

What bracelet did she design?

Snowpea's answer was perfect!! thumbsup

It's this

See the Bespoke Wedding Bracelet Meghan Markle Commissioned for Her Best Friends

It’s not every day that your jewelry gets worn to a royal wedding.

But that’s exactly what happened for jeweler Lisette Polny, founder of Zofia Day, when Meghan Markle‘s friends wore her pieces on Saturday.

“It’s an overwhelming honor to be part of history and for my pieces to be given as a keepsake for this momentous occasion,” Polny tells PEOPLE exclusively.

As a token of her appreciation, Meghan gifted six of her best friends — and new sister-in-law Kate Middleton! — with a solid gold disc bracelet, suitably called the “Kensington.” The bespoke design in yellow gold was made specifically for the royal wedding and approved by Meghan herself. The special piece is now available to buy for $450.

While they weren’t official bridesmaids, Meghan’s closest confidantes, including Benita Litt and Jessica Mulroney, were by her side on her big day — and it was Meghan’s wish that they be given something special to remember the occasion.

http://people.com/royals/see-the-bespoke-wedding-bracelet-meghan-markle-commissioned-for-her-best-friends/

Murky must be profiting off of this, because usually "bespoke" gifts like these, that are for a special event and a limited n° of people & been made to the specification of the commissioner of the pieces (here M), stay exclusive and can't and shouldn't (for good future business relations) be sold on in greater quantities to the public.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 11:51:53 am by HRHOlya » Logged
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2018, 11:58:25 am »

Not exactly novel is it, seen many similar over the years.  Pretty bland and boring.  Allegedly selling for $450....  Sorry, if I was shopping for a nice bracelet that one would not even take my eye, would just skim past it.  Cant´s see what the fuss is about it.   Maybe she should have had their initial or name engraved on the discs, make it a bit more personal, unless they are hoping to sell them for mega bucks themselves.  Murky designed it, what was there to design we ask ourselves.  A chain and a disc, seriously, are they for real these people.

https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/mm/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F05%2Fzofia-day.jpg&w=1100&q=85
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2018, 02:35:04 pm »

^  My thoughts exactly, although you worded it better than I would have!   laugh
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2018, 03:37:06 pm »

^^ My thoughts too easter-lol There are far nicer and more substantial bracelets out there, by good brands and in gold too for that money or even less.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2018, 05:19:09 pm »

$450 for that lacklustre, run of the mill bracelet, they really are having a laugh  laugh laugh laugh  Doesn´t even look expensive  -  approx 337 GBP, seriously, who would pay that sort of money.  Oops, sorry, the daft old British taxpayer as usual.  I mean, how could you design that, ten a penny in any jeweller shop, and on Ebay, much cheaper laugh laugh
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2018, 10:05:44 pm »

That bracelet is not cute at all.

P.S. - I wonder how Lindsey feels about being usurped by Jessica as the official BFF.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Little light
Countess

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2018, 10:10:38 pm »

Well, if she was BFF with Murky, she should know by know Murky discards people who are no longer useful to her.

eating cookies
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2018, 10:25:31 pm »

Since Murkey the Great still needs a crest, I called in a favor for her. Let's see if y'all can figure out what the symbols represent.

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2018, 10:36:17 pm »

I'll give it a try. MM is the eternal snake. She's the stinging bee that leaves people burnt. She's galloping towards the next big thing in the celebrity world and what she'll get in the end is the ax. How close am I?
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2018, 10:42:29 pm »

^^ It needs bananas.

I haven't played since I stopped
Little light
Countess

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2018, 10:48:40 pm »

And she saves dogs or is it her dog? Or is she appearing as an animal loving person who abandoned one of her dogs.

And the white horse is runnng away as fast as it can.

And the snake is the snake in the Garden of Eden. Eve tempting Adam.

She got married on the same day Anne Boleyn lost her head.

And on first reading it, I thought it was love and such. Too much speed reading.

Lovely idea. But  I wonder if her dad would've wanted to include a tv, cos that's how he saw his daughter get married.

Just teasing. I really like it.  flower

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2018, 10:50:04 pm »

I like the dog with acorns (Midds) in his teeth.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2018, 12:12:11 am »

^^^^^ Well done Tiana! I love it! laugh thumbsup

Good interpertations! A banana shall be in place of a crown on top! tehe
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2018, 02:50:36 am »

^I wanted to add a banana but they didn't have it as an option.

Ax - In honor of the Anne Boleyn execution/wedding date and the fact that everyone gets axed out of her life at some point

Dog - In recognition of the dog she abandoned

Horse - Bolting seems to be in her nature

Snake - Because she is one

Layers because she uses that term more than the British press employs the word "keen."

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2018, 11:25:36 am »

thumbsup
"Organic Layers" would've been good too tehe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2018, 03:40:00 pm »

A Coat of Arms has been created for The Duchess of Sussex: https://bit.ly/2kniMSG
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DeC8_AvX4AAH6av.jpg

Well thanks the Markles don't have one ,and can't use this one cause boy oh boy
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 03:46:00 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2018, 03:43:44 pm »

Blimey, that looks dreadful, not at all what a coat of arms should look like.  Bet her father not happy it is just for her and not the family.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2018, 03:52:51 pm »

of course it has  X-Mas_rolleyes why does it have the spencer scallops? and is in ways more intricate than the Midds?
PS thats h's side, my mistake!

pps the power of cimmunication! my my easter-lol goodness..
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 03:58:27 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2018, 04:02:33 pm »

They give coats of arms to anyone nowadays. Totally meaningless given that not even her family can use it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: