Royal Gossip
March 21, 2019, 04:37:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 73   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess Meghan: News and Random chat 2018  (Read 67821 times)
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #400 on: July 15, 2018, 05:17:19 pm »

^&^^I've got several friends with VERY successful careers in the film and movie industries. I can confirm that both of you are speaking the truth.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #401 on: July 15, 2018, 05:41:53 pm »

^Kate went back to KP and Meghan went to Oxfordshire Harry and Meghan have a country home near there

This the tweet thread saying why
https://mobile.twitter.com/scobie/status/1018189253686284289

Thank you Fly for explaining!

@Sandy  She climbed her way in Hollywood. She has a history like everyone else here. But I think that is par for the course for many actresses especially when they are young. I dabbled a bit in acting and production as a hobby while a prosecutor for L.A. County. Believe me, the sleaze level at the beginning is unbelievable that people put up with. I couldn't and had a real career anyway. But if I had to do it as a career, drugs, sex and were prerequisites. It may be a bit different now but I doubt it. She has a sordid past. That is for sure.

Dreadful. I doubt it has changed in spite of everything.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #402 on: July 15, 2018, 06:03:36 pm »

^ You are right it hasn't especially for the wanna be famous starlet. What Murkles has is an outgoing personality and she knows how to manipulate and social climb her way in. But she pays the dues where she goes to get in. And I bet there were some pretty high prices she had to cough up in Hollywood. Then she got a show in Canada and wormed her way into royal circles.  She just hit the jackpot with Harry. She really did.  I must admit she can charm her way with people as is evident at the events. The greeters at W were talking to her not Waity who is probably pretty boring to talk to especially these days. She looks awful by the way. For the first time, I thought Murky was prettier and I do not find her attractive at all these days with her ridiculous buns. Anyway, that Murkles is something else and has the hutzpu to grab it all and get away with it so far........... She'll get her upcomings at some point. Most everyone does.

The only constant is change.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #403 on: July 15, 2018, 08:12:45 pm »

^ I agree.
Yeah Murky looked better at Wimbledon, younger even than Waity, which isn't hard to do...
I also think Murky can be quite charming, sth K doesn't have the ability to be.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #404 on: July 16, 2018, 08:04:21 am »

I wonder how murky and the RF will deal with this
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5957267/Thomas-Markle-says-considering-trip-UK-repair-relations-daughter-Meghan.html
logically
courtier

« Reply #405 on: July 16, 2018, 01:15:19 pm »

^^  I wish the fit of the clothes (hem of the pants) was better but still like the direction over Kate.  And yes Sparky looked younger and a bit more natural when talking to the ball girls/boys.

Lots of work to be done but that is what we said about WK during her first months and she had 10 years of princess training.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #406 on: July 16, 2018, 02:22:05 pm »

Tom needs to help himself. And keep his relationship with his daughter away from the media. The man must have amassed quite a fortune for his blabbing by now.

It's good Meghan and Kate got to have an appearance together
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #407 on: July 16, 2018, 02:39:39 pm »

well since he's white he can't play the race card so I guess he is going to get Frozen out. I'm sure the royal family does not take him seriously nor do they care and Megan can drop anyone she feels like including her own father I don't think she has any sense of loyalty when it comes to her personal gain.  don't know what kind of a mother that kind of a woman will make.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #408 on: July 16, 2018, 02:56:02 pm »

I think Tom dropped her. He does not seem to be much of a loving father if he sells her out for $$$$ by running to the media.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #409 on: July 16, 2018, 03:06:18 pm »

Maybe they dropped each other.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #410 on: July 16, 2018, 03:17:03 pm »

Maybe he had visions of living in a suite of rooms at KP. Charles housed Camilla's father in Clarence House for a time.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #411 on: July 16, 2018, 03:39:07 pm »

Could be.

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #412 on: July 16, 2018, 05:20:12 pm »

I would thank the difference between camzilla´s father and murky`s father is enormous.  Not a camzilla fan, at all, but class her as far superior to murky, and that is saying something.  Why should he be housed in KP?  Another sponger for the British taxpayer to fund, and he has proved he can´t keep his mouth shut.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #413 on: July 16, 2018, 05:31:43 pm »

Just imagine the pile of chicken bones the poor servants would have to pick up from the garden on a daily basis

I haven't played since I stopped
sandy
Princess

« Reply #414 on: July 16, 2018, 05:58:26 pm »

I would thank the difference between camzilla´s father and murky`s father is enormous.  Not a camzilla fan, at all, but class her as far superior to murky, and that is saying something.  Why should he be housed in KP?  Another sponger for the British taxpayer to fund, and he has proved he can´t keep his mouth shut.

He thinks he's entitled to it, if this is the case. And I think he's greedy to begin with. He at first came across as an eccentric person but he seems to have a mean streak. He did achieve getting a steady job on a TV show behind the scenes which is a plus. But he appears to have gone down hill in many ways.

Sorry I don't think Camilla superior to anybody. Her father was OK and surely superior to Tom (Shand did distinguished service in the military which is more than I can say for Tom) but Camilla lowered the bar on royal consorts. But that's for another thread.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 06:00:50 pm by sandy » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #415 on: July 16, 2018, 06:55:17 pm »

^Yes it is for another thread. 

One more mention of Camilla and I’m locking this thread down.  Or any for that matter that isn’t appropriately hers or anybody else’s.  I’ve run out of patience.  In addition: This whole thing of “what about so and so?” must stop.

Boy, I’m not kidding.

YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #416 on: July 16, 2018, 06:57:47 pm »

It's Time To Stop The Classist, Sexist Attacks on Meghan Markle
Two opposing and competing narratives in the British media coverage of Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, are starting to emerge.
The surface narrative is, most would argue, appropriately positive: Gutsy, strong, independent woman with awesome personal style accepts potentially poison chalice of marrying into the British royal family, and does a stellar job of it.
Less than two months after her wedding, Meghan has shown a remarkable work ethic, racking up a huge number of public engagements at which she appears genuinely happy.
More than this, the marriage has been a PR triumph for the hopelessly uncool Windsors as, at least partly by virtue of being an atypical royal bride – biracial, divorced, American, outspoken, successful in her own right, sure of her own mind, unwilling to be pushed around – she has helped broker the royal family, and her charming but slightly klutzy hubby, to a whole new market.
But there’s also a disturbing subtext around some coverage of Meghan, which seeks to cast her as an conniving interloper, unsuitably ambitious, an imposter, a working class usurper who doesn’t (yet) know her place. She is not, as newspaper editors sometimes wryly put it, PLU – People Like Us.
Her pretensions to subvert the sacred British class system is an impertinence that will be punished.
Of course, the papers can’t openly say this (out and out snobbism is only slightly less unacceptable than out and out racism), so instead some have developed a poisonous but effective strategy of latching on to very minor alleged breaches of protocol and using these to attempt to shame and embarrass Meghan, as well as bolster a negatively-charged perception of her as an outsider.  bored3
A recent example of this was an article by the Daily Mail which found fault with Meghan for the way she sits on a chair.
The Mail headlined its report on what they called the ‘Sussex Sit’ with an all-caps allegation that Meghan had committed ‘ANOTHER royal faux pas’ after she was photographed crossing her legs while seated next to the queen at a church service.
The basis for their accusations that Meghan had outraged society seemed to be a few Facebook comments from random social media users who had no connection to Meghan or the royals, and no credibility.  
The Mail’s reporter was even forced to quote their own ‘etiquette expert’ disagreeing with the premise of the article, saying, as most sane people would concur, that there was absolutely nothing wrong with Meghan crossing her legs and that even the queen, on occasion, did it.
Yet, despite this, great credence was give to Facebookers claiming it was an ‘etiquette faux pas’ which was "disrepectful" to Her Majesty.
The British were still utterly obsessed with class in 1956, and, although times have changed, the class shaming of Meghan shows they maybe haven’t changed as much as one might hope.
For the right-wing media, criticizing the way Meghan sits, holds hands or crosses her legs is a useful proxy for criticizing who she is – or rather, isn’t.  bored3
There is of course a broader point here, which is that if the British royal family is to be remotely engaged and relevant in the modern world, they clearly do need to be able to hold and, shock horror, espouse their views from time to time, particularly if, as Lacey points out, they are not "rabid."
So what did she really do wrong in Ireland?
Nothing. And why did the Mail seek to hammer her for it?
Because they are nervous about the constitutional settlement?
Or because she is black?
Because she is a human with opinions?
Or was it just because she is not PLU, darling?
https://www.thedailybeast.com/its-time-to-stop-the-classist-sexist-attacks-on-meghan-markle
Such a dumb piece of reporting. She’s rightfully criticized just like Waity and Cressida were before her and funny enough, both women are white. It’s dumb to just jump to classism and racism and not actually look at why the media’s being critical.  bored3 bored3
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 07:06:33 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #417 on: July 16, 2018, 07:02:55 pm »

Where does this article appear?
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #418 on: July 16, 2018, 07:18:04 pm »

^Where the link is that windsor provided.  Toward the bottom.  The Daily Beast.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #419 on: July 16, 2018, 07:40:44 pm »

Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 73   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: